PDA

View Full Version : Cover 2 Scheme Was The Undoing In Crunch Time

Night Train
09-15-2009, 05:17 AM
I take nothing away from some great efforts by many players last night but the Cover 2 didn't cover anyone in crunch time.

Yeah, it's ALL Ellison. He shouldn't be covering the TE anyhow. That should be a Safety or CB. With 53 pass attempts, it's no mystery what Brady was going to do (throw) but I still see poor coverage assignments dictated by this horrid scheme. Insert ANY LB in Ellisons slot and nothing would have changed. He shouldn't be covering a fast TE. I still saw some plays where DE's were trying to cover RB's out of the backfield. Are you freakin' kidding me with that dreck ?

Anyhow, I don't mean to undercut some incredible efforts by many players on our roster but it does seem we have to overcome our own coaching staff to win more often than not.

Bring on Tampa.

zone
09-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Ellison is awful in coverage.

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 06:12 AM
I agree Perry Fewell's pass D has been an achilles heal since the day he became our DC

10+ yards cushions. Allow the D to move the ball in long sustaining drives then depend on Redzone D to hold the other team to 3

Overall the D played well outsside of our pass defending scheme. We draft DB's every year and we're always stocked yet this is how we use them...

Makes little sense....

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 06:34 AM
I've been saying that Perry Fewell is horrible for a very long time and he showed it again last night. This team not only has to fight the other team for a victory, but they also have to overcome the constant bad coaching on this team...pathetic!

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2009, 06:37 AM
That's the problem with the 2 Deep Zone. The Safeties are wide, giving the corners over the top help, leaving the deep middle wide open. You can't expect a LB to cover a TE 1 on 1 all the way down the field. I don't care if Ellison is garbage in coverage, or not. Buffalo should've been playing a 3 deep, or something with a corner or safety in the deep middle, too.

zone
09-15-2009, 06:52 AM
That's the problem with the 2 Deep Zone. The Safeties are wide, giving the corners over the top help, leaving the deep middle wide open. You can't expect a LB to cover a TE 1 on 1 all the way down the field. I don't care if Ellison is garbage in coverage, or not. Buffalo should've been playing a 3 deep, or something with a corner or safety in the deep middle, too.
You can if that LB use to be a safety, enter Harris.