PDA

View Full Version : Poz's injury is not season ending!

shelby
09-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Monday's loss at New England also cost the Bills the services of two defensive starters. It's likely word will come Tuesday on the status of middle linebacker Paul Posluszny (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8288/;_ylt=AsTzxgH4bjnKz_G1ypukyb8.ubYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8288/news;_ylt=ApnfTjNZeL0YaLzEjq37Uvo.ubYF) and end Chris Kelsay (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6384/;_ylt=Ahl0bVSNPL3tmUlhXfPQcnI.ubYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6384/news;_ylt=Ak6gAZt7CN4BEWf.wxd5Fcw.ubYF). What's certain is the team is better prepared to fill Kelsay's role than it is to replace Posluszny.

After the game Posluszny confirmed he has a broken left arm and will miss several weeks. His injury is not believed to be as serious as the broken left forearm he had as a rookie, also in New England, in 2006. Kelsay's knee injury will be examined and severity determined in the days ahead.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-nflteamreportinjurie&prov=tsn&type=lgns

:whew: Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

X-Era
09-15-2009, 06:11 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-nflteamreportinjurie&prov=tsn&type=lgns

:whew: Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
Sign Derrick Brooks!!!!!!!!!!!!

No reason not too after we recouped all that cap money from cutting Dock, Walker, and trading Peters.

I'm not chiming in on the negativity around here, but I will say this if we got Brooks, Ellison could be benched when Poz gets back.

Dujek
09-15-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm just worried about who fills in for the next 6 weeks...

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Unfortunately it's time to look for a new MLB. I like Poz, but he can't stay healthy.

Same arm broken again tells me there is a chronic problem here to worry about.

X-Era
09-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Unfortunately it's time to look for a new MLB. I like Poz, but he can't stay healthy.

Same arm broken again tells me there is a chronic problem here to worry about.

Its too early to tell you who one of my favorites in the upcoming draft is isn't it?

Spikes

:couch:

don137
09-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Eesh, two broken arms in his last 18 regular season games. Drink some milk Poz.

RockStar36
09-15-2009, 06:52 AM
It's more bad luck than anything.

X-Era
09-15-2009, 07:14 AM
It's more bad luck than anything.

So is it, Paul Porcel-uzny?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Derrick Brooks phone should be ringing right now, and he should be getting a one way ticket to Buffalo. PERIOD. If the Bills are serious about making a run at the division this year, it must be done.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Stay away from Penn State players.

Bust because of injury.

GreedoII
09-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Alvin Bowen or Nic Harris,,,but please no Buggs....

Historian
09-15-2009, 07:39 AM
What a creampuff...

soapman
09-15-2009, 08:03 AM
What about Zach Thomas?

Mahdi
09-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Ellison playing MLB. Please NO. Was it not him back there covering on BOTH of Watson's TDs?

Tatonka
09-15-2009, 08:11 AM
derrick brooks, while i would love for him to replace ellison.. does us no good regarding Pos.. unless you move Mitchell to the middle.. which they should do.

yordad
09-15-2009, 08:14 AM
SIGN TEDDY BRUSCIIIIIIIIII, lol

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2009, 08:19 AM
What is up with that arm of his?

I could care less about Kelsey

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2009, 08:20 AM
yes Mitchell to MLB, Brooks on the strongside.

Canadian'eh!
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Well, I'm def moving Kawika inside if I'm the Bills. he's played there many times before, and is better than Buggs.

Then I start Nic Harris In Kawika's spot. AND sign Derrick Brooks to get Ellions the hell off the field.

However, expect to see Ellison-Buggs-Kawika until Poz gets back.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Poz is a bust, it's official. Even if he comes back this season he'll be useless.

psubills62
09-15-2009, 08:48 AM
I think I'd rotate Buggs in once in a while with Mitchell inside. The big knock people have on our LB's is their lack of game experience. Well, this is a good time to get them game experience.

I'd also like to see Harris in place of Ellison. The guy made a lot of tackles and decent plays in the run game...but he's a big reason why we gave up two TD's towards the end there.

Canadian'eh!
09-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Poz is a bust, it's official. Even if he comes back this season he'll be useless.

jesus... he was playing great last night. And the D was far wrose after his injury.

He's had bad luck, but i'm far from writing him off.

mybills
09-15-2009, 08:51 AM
SIGN TEDDY BRUSCIIIIIIIIII, lol
Did you hear him on SC last night? What a douche. All 4 gave props to NE, then they take turns with the Bills props, and that turd couldn't compliment them at all. He turned negative again immediately.

Turf
09-15-2009, 09:19 AM
How the hell can he break his arm again? I've never seen a player of ours break his arm over and over, expecially at that age.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 09:20 AM
jesus... he was playing great last night. And the D was far wrose after his injury.

If he's not on the field he isn't helping us.

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Its too early to tell you who one of my favorites in the upcoming draft is isn't it?

Spikes

:couch:

Not in my book... We all know we have an obvious problem here now...

TedMock
09-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Good. Talk about bad luck. It's still way too early to call him a bust though. There were a ton of people, including many on this board, who were dead set against a team drafting Adrian Peterson (he never fell to us anyway, but there was thought he might) because he was "injury prone" after twice breaking his collar bone. It's football. They hit hard. Poop happens sometimes.

mercyrule
09-15-2009, 09:45 AM
It's more bad luck than anything.You have to wonder though, don't you, RS?

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 09:48 AM
you guys are unbelievable.

you call the guy a bust because he breaks his arm. from someone who has broken his arm, its a freak accident. i was playing pickup football and slammed into a guy...i just thought i got the wind knocked out of me. i go to get a drink of water and walk it off and when i lift my drink to my mouth, i felt my arm tip over.

the guys broke his arm fighting for our team and was playing yet another good game. and then you call him a bust. it's proof that you guys are all f'n douche bags.

derrick brooks just got passed on by everybody in the nfl for 4 months. you think there might be a reason why? get a clue. even lovie smith, who lost urlacher for the year and tinosamoa, and who coached brooks in the past, told the guy better luck somewhere else.

get real. quit talking bad about our players that are here in off season condition, play their heart out and break a bone being aggressive and hitting people. that is just so low it makes me want to puke.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
you guys are unbelievable.

you call the guy a bust because he breaks his arm. from someone who has broken his arm, its a freak accident. i was playing pickup football and slammed into a guy...i just thought i got the wind knocked out of me. i go to get a drink of water and walk it off and when i lift my drink to my mouth, i felt my arm tip over.

the guys broke his arm fighting for our team and was playing yet another good game. and then you call him a bust. it's proof that you guys are all f'n douche bags.

derrick brooks just got passed on by everybody in the nfl for 4 months. you think there might be a reason why? get a clue. even lovie smith, who lost urlacher for the year and tinosamoa, and who coached brooks in the past, told the guy better luck somewhere else.

get real. quit talking bad about our players that are here in off season condition, play their heart out and break a bone being aggressive and hitting people. that is just so low it makes me want to puke.

Geting hurt is part of the game. We get it. But if the guy isn't on the field than he's doing nothing for us. If he keeps getting hurt and he's not around than at some point he is a "bust". When you choose to call him that is up to you.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Any idea on how long he is out?

Who moves inside?

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Ellison playing MLB. Please NO. Was it not him back there covering on BOTH of Watson's TDs?

Actually, Whitner is the guy who flubbed the dub, TWICE.

Posluszny isn't the bust, it's Donte Whitner. Although, I will concede that Posluszny would be better suited playing on the outside.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Is "The Digi " healed yet? :snicker:

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Is "The Digi " healed yet? :snicker:

He tore his ACL, I highly doubt he is healed.

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Any idea on how long he is out?

Who moves inside?

Usual for a broken arm it takes 4-6 weeks to heal itself. No idea about getting it ready to take football hits though.

psubills62
09-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Usual for a broken arm it takes 4-6 weeks to heal itself. No idea about getting it ready to take football hits though.

There was an article I saw (maybe from rotoworld) that said something about Posluszny having surgery. Not sure how true that is. When they say "a few weeks," I keep imagining about 5-6 weeks.

How possible would it be for him to play wearing a cast on his arm? I know Patrick Willis did that his senior year of college, right?

Michael82
09-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I see him coming back at the end of October with one of those big inflatable cast things. We definitely need him and I would be pissed if they put him on IR.

Tatonka
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
sirus radio reported that he did have surgery today but that it was not considered season ending.

JD
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
How the hell can he break his arm again? I've never seen a player of ours break his arm over and over, expecially at that age.
Lactose intolerant?

Michael82
09-15-2009, 12:28 PM
sirus radio reported that he did have surgery today but that it was not considered season ending.
I'm glad they got it out of the way quickly...

TacklingDummy
09-15-2009, 01:55 PM

Some players are China Dolls, see Robosack and Poz.

He's a bust due to injury.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Actually, Whitner is the guy who flubbed the dub, TWICE.

Posluszny isn't the bust, it's Donte Whitner. Although, I will concede that Posluszny would be better suited playing on the outside.

Wrong Whitner was not the guy who blew the coverage that was Ellison if you watched the game you would know that both safeties Whitner and Scott are supposed to cover the corner of the endzones, which they did, Ellison blew his coverage, that's all on him, TWICE.