PDA

View Full Version : Now that I am calm and have had time to digest the game

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2009, 06:28 AM
I still want Jauron and the entire front office fired. It still makes me sick to think about last nights game and we will get more of the same until he is gone.

No moral victories!!!

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Exactly, but I'm sure some "homers" on this site will think we played great and that everything is just fine.

shelby
09-15-2009, 06:42 AM
My husband says i'm a Dream Crusher, and here i go again:

No one will get fired this season.

Let's face it, no one expected us to almost win that game last night. i was amazed that we had the lead for so long. Weren't you?

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Amazed that we had the lead...yes, impressed with the play, no. I liked something I saw from the AVP, but the defense was brutal...AGAIN. People are looking at the final score and not looking at what the game really was.

shelby
09-15-2009, 06:50 AM
i respectfully disagree. The game exceeded my expectations. i had it pegged for a 34-10 loss. i never expected we'd lead most of the game.

Like last season, our D is middle of the pack. Not great, but not horrible.

zone
09-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Our defense had a pick six and was actually getting some pressure in the early parts of the game. The second half though we did not get any pressure and it seem liked it was the classic protect the lead type of defense.

Night Train
09-15-2009, 06:59 AM
I still want Jauron and the entire front office fired. It still makes me sick to think about last nights game and we will get more of the same until he is gone.

No moral victories!!!

Thank You.

And that's exactly how Jauron views close, losing games.. as victories. He never sees the problem of the game going into the L column unless it's a blowout.

He can't understand negative reaction towards his philospy of playing " Not to lose " over " playing to win " .

Dujek
09-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Our defense had a pick six and was actually getting some pressure in the early parts of the game. The second half though we did not get any pressure and it seem liked it was the classic protect the lead type of defense.

Nail/head.

The Bills defense can, and does play well, up until Fewell gets scared and we go into prevent mode and throw the game away.

NorthCarBills
09-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Exactly, but I'm sure some "homers" on this site will think we played great and that everything is just fine.

First, I'll say that there's a lot about the game last night that does deserve praise. AVP called a solid game, but a couple more shots downfield would have been nice. And the players for the most part really played their guts out on both sides of the ball. I'm surprisingly pleased with the o-line save Bell, and the defense made several huge stops on third and fourth downs. Jackson played an A+ game and made a strong case to keep his full time role after Lynch's return.

That being said, coaching still remains the issue. I can understand people saying that LM's return and fumble cannot fall on DJ, but in the end it does. Heavy odds are that a well coached team would not end up in the same situation. A player prior to the return would be reminded without a shadow of a doubt to take the knee. If a return was forced due to a short kick, dont fight for the yardage -- take a knee prior to contact.

Special teams were unusually suspect all night. Not sure what happened there. And it's not the defensive players' fault for playing in Fewell's predictable schemes.

Moral victories are no longer digestable. I would say that even if we recovered that fumble last night and won, I'd still be screaming for an overhaul in coaching.

Ugh....Go Bills! (I guess).

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2009, 07:12 AM
I think Fewell is the only guy that deserves to be fired. The only reason we were leading in that game was because the Pats were not playing well. They were eating us alive when they executed....and had they not been off their game this might have been an uglier game to watch.

yordad
09-15-2009, 07:13 AM
I would have preferred the score was as lopsided as the play on the field. That way the ending wouldn't have been so painful.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 07:21 AM
i respectfully disagree. The game exceeded my expectations. i had it pegged for a 34-10 loss. i never expected we'd lead most of the game.

Like last season, our D is middle of the pack. Not great, but not horrible.

And if the Pats scored on their drives instead of FG's, then it would have been that score you thought of, but you and others seems to be just ignoring that. This defense gave up 441 yards!!!! That is not a good effort...they couldn't get off the field. Yes, they made the good play on Schobel's play, but overall, I wasn't impressed. Soft defense will NEVER win in this league on a consistent basis...

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2009, 07:32 AM
My husband says i'm a Dream Crusher, and here i go again:

No one will get fired this season.

Let's face it, no one expected us to almost win that game last night. i was amazed that we had the lead for so long. Weren't you?

Oh, I know nobody will be fired in all likelyhood. It doesn't mean that it wouldn't be the right thing to do.