PDA

View Full Version : Did the Bills look better than you expected?

shelby
09-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Yes, i know there were a lot of mistakes made last night. But i've been reading the dire predictions for this season....and i personally was pleasantly surprised by the Bills' performance last night. Most people were expecting the Patriots to blow us out; instead, we were in a position where the game could have been won up til the 2 minute warning. Which begs the question, did they look better than you expected?

Jan Reimers
09-15-2009, 06:51 AM
They played well until they did their usual national game/close game thing - found another creative way to lose.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2009, 06:53 AM
I did not expect them to stink up the joint like some did---they do have some talent on the roster, and the Pats are not what they once were. I did expect it to be a fairly close game, and that the Bills would basically beat themselves again, which they did.

Night Train
09-15-2009, 06:55 AM
They did look better... but moral victories meen little after 10 years of losing, including 12 in a row to the Pats.

It's setting up well for the next coach who will probably toss away the Cover 2.

Cleve
09-15-2009, 07:04 AM
My answer is no. This is the same exact team that lost to the Cowboys on MNF two seasons ago. No change since then, no improvement, with an incompetent, dispassionate, and disconnected Head Coach still in charge.

Historian
09-15-2009, 07:41 AM
My answer is no. This is the same exact team that lost to the Cowboys on MNF two seasons ago. No change since then, no improvement, with an incompetent, dispassionate, and disconnected Head Coach still in charge.

You get what you tolerate.

Dujek
09-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Yes, the line wasn't great, but was better than I expected, the offense was pretty efficient, and in the first half the defense got in Brady's face and disrupted the Patriots game.

Of course we were always going to find a way to lose, because that's Dick's speciality.

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
yes, they looked better than expected

but they still lost

SABURZFAN
09-15-2009, 08:07 AM
they looked a helluva lot better than they did in preseason but they made a lot of mistakes. this team is young and has no discipline.

madness
09-15-2009, 08:25 AM
they looked a helluva lot better than they did in preseason but they made a lot of mistakes. this team is young and has no discipline.

Fortunately discipline can be taught. Unfortunately, our lack of depth behind our starters was once again exposed.

Novacane
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Fortunately discipline can be taught..

Unfortunately it's not going to be taught by the coach we have now. We've been playing that way under him since he got here and it's not just young guys.

madness
09-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Unfortunately it's not going to be taught by the coach we have now. We've been playing that way under him since he got here and it's not just young guys.

Unfortunately? I guess setting franchise records for least penalties is a bad thing?

jimbohastle51
09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Lot bright spots and some obvious needs. We have to get a get a veteran tackle ASAP! And we need another linebacker with expirience. Derrick brooks, boss bailey, marlon. Greenwood, ect. We cannot let buggs start for poz for 6-10 games. We must address linebacker and tackle.

JD
09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
When will we ditch the cover 2? If Edwards played against us we would lose every game vs. him with his checkdowns.

Ebenezer
09-15-2009, 10:43 AM
the Bills looked better....the Pats didn't look as good as they will...another week another time and the Pats blow us out. It is the old adage that in a one game series anything can happen but the Pats would beat us in a best of 7 - handily.

mybills
09-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I never expected them to get shut out or blown out, and I figured it would be a close game, because I expected them to play this good.

btw, I hate Tedy Bruschi. He can say those numbers all he wants, but the Bills never cheated in any of those games!

Billz_fan
09-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Absolutely played better than I expected. However the way they lost is what kills everyone. Why ? because we have seen it for the last few years. When do they turn the corner ? When do they take the next step to get better ? When do we do better than the usual .500 or less season ?

Is it this year ? Or will we be sitting here next year having the same conversation after a close loss to a good team ?