PDA

View Full Version : Gruden In The Booth Last Night Is Probably Thinking..

Night Train
09-15-2009, 07:51 AM
" Those Bills sure have some good talent to work with. I'd love to get my hands on this team ".

Cowher,Shanahan,Billick, Marty Shot & several others were probably watching at home, thinking the exact same thing.

THAT'S MY POSITIVE FROM LAST NIGHT ! :up:

Open up the snapper purse, Ralphie. This team does have talent but can't win with the grim reaper at the helm.

The above coaches don't believe in moral victories. They prefer real ones.

don137
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
I have to think Cowher will end up in Carolina. No way Fox survives this season> i'd take Chuckie with this team anyways.

Night Train
09-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I have to think Cowher will end up in Carolina. No way Fox survives this season> i'd take Chuckie with this team anyways.

If Fox gets canned, you are dead on. Cowher gets to stay home and coach locally. I too think he's waiting that out.

Still, I'll take any of the rest and feel free to rank them by preference. They're ALL better than our current coach.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2009, 08:00 AM
I think Gruden would be absolutely great for this team. I think his personality would mesh with the city too. It would be a great day in lovely western NY if we made that move. Gruden was impressed by the way the Bills played...and I think his eyes were kind of opened to the amount of talent there is on hand, but is not being realized.

Dujek
09-15-2009, 08:01 AM
I still want Billick. Smash mouth football.

realdealryan
09-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Gruden LOOOOOOOOOOOVES Terrence McGee.

clumping platelets
09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
I would LOVE to see Gruden become our next coach :nod:

Jeff1220
09-15-2009, 08:35 AM
I'd def take Gruden, but I'd prefer Marty.

zone
09-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Gruden is a QB killer, no thanks.

trapezeus
09-15-2009, 08:54 AM
i think gruden is an ok choice if trent shows consistency this year. if he has to select his own QB, he has no idea what he wants. if he gets a capable QB, he focuses on the stuff that he knows well. If trent plays well for the full season, i'm ok with gruden....if trent isn't the guy, then we need to look at another coaching choice.

Beastie Bills
09-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Gruden is a QB killer, no thanks.

Right, except for when he took a washed up journeyman QB named Rich Gannon and turned him into a 4 time probowler and 1 time league MVP. He also sent Garcia and Brad Johnson to Probowls.

I don't agree with the "QB Killer" rep that he's received. He was given a bunch of crappy QB's to work with from '04 - '06.

zone
09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Right, except for when he took a washed up journeyman QB named Rich Gannon and turned him into a 4 time probowler and 1 time league MVP. He also sent Garcia and Brad Johnson to Probowls.

I don't agree with the "QB Killer" rep that he's received. He was given a bunch of crappy QB's to work with from '04 - '06.
Ok.

Gruden is a QB merry-go round, no thanks.

Beastie Bills
09-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Ok.

Gruden is a QB merry-go round, no thanks.

Wow, another totally uninformed comment.

Gruden signed Rich Gannon after his first season in Oakland, and Gannon was the the starter during Gruden's entire tenure there.

Then Gruden goes to Tampa, and after 2 years with Brad Johnson, he is handed the likes of Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, Bruce Gradkowski and Brian Griese, all of whom suck. He finally got a good QB two years later in Garcia.

If a QB is terrible, should he just stick with them, or try to find somebody who can play?

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 09:26 AM
He was real good pimpin the Bills a bit which was a nice change... Sounded like a Job interview from the Booth to me

MikeNC
09-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Come on guys...we would take anyone right now to replace that POS bag of human skin with no pulse we have walking the sideline..

JD
09-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Come on guys...we would take anyone right now to replace that POS bag of human skin with no pulse we have walking the sideline..
You've got a point there.. I just hope its not Bobby April :dizzy:

casdhf
09-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Gruden reminds me too much of Jimmy Johnson ... I don't think he'd ever take a job in Buffalo no matter what we payed him.

Captain gameboy
09-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Gruden reminds me too much of Jimmy Johnson ... I don't think he'd ever take a job in Buffalo no matter what we payed him.

And Shanahan is a Redskin.