PDA

View Full Version : Let's say McKelvin held onto the ball...

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Probably, in reality, not going to change the outcome of that game. I would like to think we could have eaten up clock, and won the game....but I don't think it would have shaken out that way. With all the inexperience on the line, best case would have been a monster punt from Moorman, which would have just led to the Pats disecting our defense for more yards and there being less time on the clock (if any) when the Bills got a shot.

I would have liked to have seen what would have happened, but I don't think we would have liked to see our defense implode to an even greater extent.

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I thought after Watson's first TD that we would give the ball back after a three runs and out. I did think we would still lose after that. It is the way the coaches have conditioned me.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2009, 08:01 AM
The Pats would've had no timeouts, and likely had to go at least 70 yards for a TD. I'll take my chances with that, over having all 3 time outs, and the ball at Buffalo's 30.

clumping platelets
09-15-2009, 08:04 AM
He downs the ball in the endzone.....there would be 2:06 on the clock with the ball at the 20. 1st play would take it to the 2 min warning. Run 2 more plays and with no 1st down we punt and Pats have 1 t/o but Moorman punts and they must start in their territory with 1:30-1:40 on the clock............still enough time but I like that scenario. Maybe the Bills convert 1 first down........you have TO and Evans....it could have happened

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, it could have happened....we could have moved the ball.

I guess my point is that while it might seem like McKelvin's fumble lost the game, I think one could make a solid argument that the game was all but lost even before the Pats kicked off. The Bills recent history shows that they are very prone to losing games of this nature, especially against the Pats.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Recent history doesn't matter the past is the past. This loss is squarley on McKelvin in my eyes. I have no reason to believe that we wouldn't get a first down. Fred Jackson looked strong all night running and catching passes.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM
He downs the ball in the endzone.....there would be 2:06 on the clock with the ball at the 20. 1st play would take it to the 2 min warning. Run 2 more plays and with no 1st down we punt and Pats have 1 t/o but Moorman punts and they must start in their territory with 1:30-1:40 on the clock............still enough time but I like that scenario. Maybe the Bills convert 1 first down........you have TO and Evans....it could have happened

Sure, in retrospect. But him taking the ball out of the endzone eliminated the two minute warning. He just had to fall on a knee when they were trying to rip the ball out.

Philagape
09-15-2009, 08:18 AM
If he runs it out and doesn't fumble, the Pats would have had less time and no timeouts. That's the best-case scenario.

zone
09-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Freddy would have stepped up to the plate and won the game, I truly believe that. He came to play and has had NE's number in his last to games.

That being said, it would have been nice to see how AVP handled the play calls, it would have been nice for him to showcase the difference between him and Turk.

Meathead
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
one huge factor youre ignoring is that giving the cheats the game because of a ridiculously stupid ko fumble versus giving them the ball back on their thirty with one to and needing a TD are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT PSYCHOLOGICAL SITUATIONS

the second one keeps the cheats on edge THE WHOLE TIME. the first one is a stupid gift from a stupid team you have beat the last eleven times and you have a **** eating grin knowing the stupid asswholes just gave you another one

the psychological boost of watching your vastly inferior opponent almost beat you but hand the game right back in such a no-longer-astonishing-any-more fashion is beyond huge

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2009, 09:46 AM
He brings it out and doesn't fumble.... 2-minute warning. I bet he was told to eat a little clock to take that away from them. The Pats would need to take their time-outs on defense after 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs. With no first down the Pats would receive the punt with about 1:30 on the clock....at best. A first down and the game is over. A ten yard pass play takes about 15-20 seconds to get reset for the next play. Chances are, they run out of time.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 09:49 AM
McKelvin cost us the game. Plain and simple.

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
McKelvin cost us the game. Plain and simple.

You just got done blaming coaching in another thread. Do you have multiple personalities? If so, I agree with this one.