PDA

View Full Version : Let Bobby April be a genius on another team.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 08:03 AM
I have taken more crap for calling out Bobby April while he continues to cost us games and effect the chemistry of this team.

The Special Teams were horrible and cost us the game.

Mad Bomber
09-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Do you have someone better in mind as a replacement?

sauce
09-15-2009, 08:05 AM
I have taken more crap for calling out Bobby April while he continues to cost us games and effect the chemistry of this team.

So true, Bobby April is so friggen overrated amongst Bills fans

mybills
09-15-2009, 08:37 AM
:rofl:

Beastie Bills
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM

You're right.

The people who think he can be a head coach any time soon are high. I don't hate Bobby April. Far from it. But the amount of love he gets on the boards is insane. He has the best punter of all time, and some talented return men. They deserve more credit than the coaching, IMO.

Our special teams weren't that good last season, and they were terrible last night. Our kickoff coverage was terrible (the players looked lethargic on the opening freaking kickoff. Way to motivate your troops), and McKelvin made an incredibly poor decision. I'm not saying I want to replace April, but I'll be pissed if we make him the head coach.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 09:22 AM
another stupid thread.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2009, 10:23 AM
How many years in a row have the Bills had the best ST in the NFL?

MassEffect218435
09-15-2009, 10:28 AM
April would be on the market for all of five minutes. There are about twenty teams in the NFL that would fire their current ST's coach RIGHT NOW for April.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 10:29 AM
How many years in a row have the Bills had the best ST in the NFL?

All the stats in the world don't make up for the mistakes April teams have made at critical points in games.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2009, 10:31 AM
All the stats in the world don't make up for the mistakes April teams have made at critical points in games.

And the games they have won for us?

And what other games did they lose?

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 10:33 AM

Does this mean the pats should've fired BB for screwing up the sb loss to the giants?

OK genius , who do you replace April with ? We want names.

Pinkerton Security
09-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Ya because Bobby April fumbled that kickoff...

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 10:35 AM
And the games they have won for us?

And what other games did they lose?

Dallas, onside kick.

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
This is a dumb idea. You have no justification for firing April, if anything its on McKelvin and his lead blocker for not telling his dumbass to take a knee.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Dallas, onside kick.

And they won the Seattle game last year and were the only reason they were close against Cleveland last year.

justasportsfan
This is a dumb idea. You have no justification for firing April, if anything its on McKelvin and his lead blocker for not telling his dumbass to take a knee.
HH has me on ignore , ask him to come up with names for Aprils replacement since he's so smart.

HHURRICANE
Ya because Bobby April fumbled that kickoff...

Because your coach should be making sure your thinking about potecting the ball instead of a TD. The fact that Mckelvin stiil didn't completely get it after the game tells me everything I need to know.

Historian
09-15-2009, 10:38 AM
STs don't win or lose games, but they sure set the tone.

Why is it we don't have Parrish back there? Wasn't that what he was drafted for? Why not both of them, so one can tell the other to protect the football?

There is nothing special with our special teams. They're as putrid as the rest of the team.

Prov401
09-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Dumb thread.

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 10:39 AM
HH has me on ignore , ask him to come up with names for Aprils replacement since he's so smart.

HH, Justa wants you to name a replacement.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 10:41 AM
whats Danny Smith doing these days? :hang:

Typ0
09-15-2009, 10:41 AM
I have to disagree with this. A professional football player who handles the ball has to understand not to fumble it already. You don't need to patronize them and you certainly don't need to plant the fumble seed (making them think about it) right before a play. People need to mentally prepare for what they are about to do and that involves a process. You don't need to jump into the middle of their process to remind them not to do the worst thing they can do. It's like saying every time you are going to boil water for tea someone needs to stand there and tell you not to burn the house down.

Pinkerton Security
09-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Because your coach should be making sure your thinking about potecting the ball instead of a TD. The fact that Mckelvin stiil didn't completely get it after the game tells me everything I need to know.

April had everything in place, its ultimately up to the players to make the plays. We all knew Odis should have covered the ball up, and I'm sure Bobby April did as well. Odis is just stupid and cost us the game by not protecting the ball.

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 10:45 AM
You're right.

The people who think he can be a head coach any time soon are high. I don't hate Bobby April. Far from it. But the amount of love he gets on the boards is insane. He has the best punter of all time, and some talented return men. They deserve more credit than the coaching, IMO.

Our special teams weren't that good last season, and they were terrible last night. Our kickoff coverage was terrible (the players looked lethargic on the opening freaking kickoff. Way to motivate your troops), and McKelvin made an incredibly poor decision. I'm not saying I want to replace April, but I'll be pissed if we make him the head coach.

I agree that April may be over rated but with his track record (#1 or at least top 5 every year NFL wide) how can you say he should be fired?

The argument against being HC I can agree with, but to say he should be canned is just wrong.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 10:46 AM
And they won the Seattle game last year and were the only reason they were close against Cleveland last year.

We were not in danger of losing the Seattle game and we lost the Cleveland game. Actually didn't we lose the game on a missed field goal?

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 10:53 AM
HH, Justa wants you to name a replacement.

It's not that simple. Who's the head coach?

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I love how we blame failed execution on the coaches since they are actually out there making plays. That alone shows you how bad this line of logic is.

Pinkerton Security
09-15-2009, 10:54 AM

His name is Dick Jauron.

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 10:54 AM

Who gives a ****, he fired Turk, that makes no sense.

Can you name any other ST coord? Without looking them up.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 10:56 AM

lol. Nice plan. Just fire the guy without any plan B.

JD
09-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Was it just me or did our guys take an awful long time getting down to the kick returner? That was weird.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I love how we blame failed execution on the coaches since they are actually out there making plays. That alone shows you how bad this line of logic is.
By HH's logic Duh Bears should fire Chicago's DC after the cb batted the ball which ended up in Stokely's hand that turned into a TD.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 11:01 AM

Do you think telling McKelvin to make sure he protects the ball would have helped?

Coaches do this all the time.

It's like telling someone in tennis to get the ball over the net. Of course you know it but sometimes your partner needs to remind you of this on critical points.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Do you think telling McKelvin to make sure he protects the ball would have helped?

It's like telling someone in tennis to get the ball over the net. Of course you know it but sometimes your partner needs to remind you of this on critical points.

And, since you were on the sideline, you know he did not.

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 11:03 AM

You were in the pre-kick huddle and know April didnt tell him this? Why the **** didn't you speak up then? You should clearly be fired! Since you were there, heard what was and wasn't said and failed in not reminding Leodis. I now blame you for costing this team the game last night!

You obviously never played competitive tennis because your coach/partner never reminds you to hit the ball over the net. That's a dumb analogy.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2009, 11:03 AM
We were not in danger of losing the Seattle game and we lost the Cleveland game. Actually didn't we lose the game on a missed field goal?

Actually the punt return and fake FG changed the entire flow of the Seattle game.

And the Browns game was a blowout in the making until Leodis ran the KO back.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
And, since you were on the sideline, you know he did not.
you're forgeting he has friends

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 11:05 AM
you're forgeting he has friends

Invisible or real? Im not quite clear on that yet.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 11:06 AM

the midget trainer. He's high up there.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Don't pick on people with invisible friends, dammit!

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Don't pick on people with invisible friends, dammit!

Im sorry I didnt mean to pick on The Philster, I apologize.

I bet I get a neg now...

DraftBoy
09-15-2009, 11:08 AM
the midget trainer. He's high up there.

Didnt we hire FL to punt his ass??

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 11:10 AM
OK , this thread is done with. HH is just *****ing about something he doesn't have an answer to.

Typ0
09-15-2009, 11:10 AM
April had everything in place, its ultimately up to the players to make the plays. We all knew Odis should have covered the ball up, and I'm sure Bobby April did as well. Odis is just stupid and cost us the game by not protecting the ball.

great response. They hired the guy to make plays you let him make plays. Too bad he blew it!

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
A special teams play cost us the game. Just like in Dallas. Bobby April is part of the problem, not the solution.

I assume a competant head coach will come in and clean house, so I have no opinion on who the next coordinator should be.

Mad Bomber
09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I already did (see post #2 in this thread). No answer so far.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
great response. They hired the guy to make plays you let him make plays. Too bad he blew it!

We needed to protect the ball. I'm not too sure that Leodis still gets it.

TheBrownBear
McKelvin is borderline ******ed - same as the original post. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction.

justasportsfan
A special teams play cost us the game. Just like in Dallas. Bobby April is part of the problem, not the solution.

I assume a competant head coach will come in and clean house, so I have no opinion on who the next coordinator should be.
So Dick should find someone who's had a better ST unit than Aprils no.1 unit the last few years. I wonder where we'll find such a ST coach?

Michael82
09-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I think our Special Teams is starting to go backwards because we keep losing good talent out there. I don't know why they cut Justin Jenkins, but he was definitely missed last night in the kick coverage.

Typ0
09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I think our Special Teams is starting to go backwards because we keep losing good talent out there. I don't know why they cut Justin Jenkins, but he was definitely missed last night in the kick coverage.

it needs to go more steps backwards. I know ST is important but save the cliche's they are not more important that offense and defense that are on the field 90% of the game. You aren't going to have crap on one of those units and ST ten times better than every team in the league and go anywhere. Sure, you get some excitement and that will sell some tickets...

Michael82
09-15-2009, 01:32 PM
it needs to go more steps backwards. I know ST is important but save the cliche's they are not more important that offense and defense that are on the field 90% of the game. You aren't going to have crap on one of those units and ST ten times better than every team in the league and go anywhere. Sure, you get some excitement and that will sell some tickets...
John Wendling is the first player I would get rid of then. He's useless!

Beastie Bills
09-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I agree that April may be over rated but with his track record (#1 or at least top 5 every year NFL wide) how can you say he should be fired?

The argument against being HC I can agree with, but to say he should be canned is just wrong.

I said he SHOULDN'T be replaced (fired), numbnuts.

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I said he SHOULDN'T be replaced (fired), numbnuts.

i'm reporting you for calling me numbnuts.

Beastie Bills
09-15-2009, 02:16 PM
i'm reporting you for calling me numbnuts.

[insert thurmanator joke here]

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 02:29 PM
dont report me back tho, one more violation and i get banned so i'll have to unplug my modem and make a new name

billsTOfan
09-15-2009, 03:10 PM
New England would hire him as a ST coach lol

billsTOfan
09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
dont report me back tho, one more violation and i get banned so i'll have to unplug my modem and make a new name

lol