PDA

View Full Version : OL & DL Evaluation

Mahdi
09-15-2009, 08:22 AM
OL:

I thought our OL played good not great. They excelled in many areas and were average in others.

They are clearly a fast and athletic unit. Levitre, Hangartner, Wood and Bell were lightning quick coming off of draws and screens and leading Jackson. They look very much like the OL of the Colts.

Bell was raw and made some newbie mistakes but overall was solid in pass pro and as I said was very mobile in leading Jackson on toss and screen plays. His future is bright.

Our interior line was exceptional they used their qualities to their advantage very well and I thought they dominated the game from start to finish.

Overall, this group was strong and will only get better. The FIRST game for a completely overhauled line. Impressive.

DL: Made plays early on in the game but fizzled off as the game went on. The difference between our DL and that of the Giants and Colts is that when those other two DL have a lead they get after the QB and get sacks. I really thought we would FINALLY be able to pin our ears back and get after Brady without worrying about the run or the draw but we still could not get there when it counted most. Our interior pass rush was weak and until we get a DT who can pass rush our DEs will suffer. I thought our DEs did a decent job of turning the corner but Brady always had plenty of room to step up.

I really think McCargo should get more playing time. He seems to be the only DT who has a knack for knifing into the backfield. Is that not why we drafted him?

Our run defense was so-so. It still needs to improve.

OL- A-

DL- C+

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Good assesment

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 08:27 AM
The o-line was better than I thought but they also played a d-line that I don't think is going to be very good this year. Wood had 4 penalties which is alot. With that said he looked pretty competant playing.

Marcus Stroud and Williams played great. It's not the DTs, it's our DEs that are the problem.

Tatonka
09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
for the first game together ever.. yeah.. the oline did great.

people **** on schobel nostop, but he played great. kelsay was playing well too.. maybin was flying around.. but seemed to run himself out of the play.

Mahdi
09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
The o-line was better than I thought but they also played a d-line that I don't think is going to be very good this year. Wood had 4 penalties which is alot. With that said he looked pretty competant playing.

Marcus Stroud and Williams played great. It's not the DTs, it's our DEs that are the problem.
The DEs were by no means great. But they do need some help from the interior to make it a more effective pass rush overall.

Exactly why the Giants went out and signed Chris Canty and Rocky Bernard.

Philagape
09-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Wood had 4 penalties which is alot.

Bell

SABURZFAN
09-15-2009, 08:35 AM
with the exception of Bell, i thought the OL did as good of a job as they could. they actually opened a few holes against, what i feel, a very good DL.

the DL wasn't as impressive. they couldn't stop the run, which led to a couple of very long NE drives. however, they did step up a couple of times during key situations.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 08:37 AM
The o-line was better than I thought but they also played a d-line that I don't think is going to be very good this year. Bell had 4 penalties which is alot. With that said he looked pretty competant playing.