PDA

View Full Version : time outs in the first half

trapezeus
09-15-2009, 08:23 AM
When the patriots ran out the clock and kicked the field goal to end the half, how many time outs did the bills have?

Why did they not take any and try to get the ball back? oh right because jauron loves just getting whatever is given to him and not attack and win.

And that right there is why he shouldn't be an NFL coach. he let almost1:10 come off t he clock on 2nd and goal. Make them kick the field goal and take the 45 seconds and try something.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Why would you stop the clock for them, when they are driving down the field?

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Well, to be honest, I would rather not give them more time to think over what they want to do. Personally, I think if we had called time outs to get the ball back, we would have ended up giving up a TD.

Beastie Bills
09-15-2009, 08:37 AM
I said the same thing. When the Pats had the ball around the 5 yard line, and it's first and goal, there is no doubt in my mind that they were gonna score. I would have used our time outs (we had two left, I believe). Maybe McKelvin has a long kick return that could setup a field goal before halftime.

trapezeus
09-15-2009, 08:38 AM
you stop the clock, because those are the last 4 downs regardless. you are giving up a FG at the very least. Get the ball back and attack.

Being afraid in the first half is why this team plays so poorly in the second. That fear of blowing it was already instilled in them. We'd hate to get the ball back and blow it.

especially with last night's offense. they moved the ball consistenly if it weren't for penalties and drops. turn on the heat for once.