PDA

View Full Version : PROOF!

FN_IDIOT
09-15-2009, 08:34 AM
First let me say I didn't have this game in the win coloumn for the Bills from the outset, but when they had the game "in Hand" and lost only proves one thing, it is a poorly coached team.

I have no problem with Leodis, my problem is; Why wasn't he told to go down when any of the 11 tacklers got near him.

Other notes of a bad team; 9 penalties.

Folks think back over the last 3 Jauron years, this scenario plays out over and over, like the movie "Groundhog day".

It's simply bad coaching.

FN

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Does a player really need to be told not to fumble? You can't coach a player on the fundamentals of football before every football play. He should have known better.

These things have been happening to the Bills for years.

Why didn't Marv Levy tell Norwood not to miss that field goal?

Why didn't Wade tell his special teams to stay in their lanes on the game ending kickoff just in case of any misdirection?

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Does a player really need to be told not to fumble? You can't coach a player on the fundamentals of football before every football play. He should have known better.

A real coach has a in your face talk with him after he fought for extra yards and lost the ball the 1st time. We were lucky to recover that one

A real coach really tears into McKelivn the 2nd time and then sits him and lets a Jackson or Parrish field that last kickoff sending a message to McKelvin.. You do that again and you'll be riding the pine a lot more.

I agree with Mr. Idiot, an unprepared team and another collapse is a reflection and a chacterisitc of Jauwrong

It doens't matter what he does I do not want him as our HC

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
A real coach has a in yor face tlak with him after he fought for extra yards and lost the ball the 1st time. We were lucky to recover that one

A real coach really tears into McKelivn the 2nd time and then sits him and lets a Jackson or Parrish field that last kickoff sending a message to McKelvin.. You do that again and you'll be riding the pine a lot more.

I agree with Mr. Idiot, an unprepared team and another collapse is a reflection and a chacterisitc of Jauwrong

It doens't matter what he does I do not want him as our HC

I disagree with your definition of a "real" coach. A smart coach knows better IMHO. I don't think a yelling at would amplify how awful McKelvin felt about that. When a kid touches something hot and hurts her/himself, is it necessary to also scream at her/him? Of course not. Lesson learned. It's simple behavioral psychology.
You yell at a player when they don't know what they did wrong.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 09:41 AM
I disagree with your definition of a "real" coach. A smart coach knows better IMHO. I don't think a yelling at would amplify how awful McKelvin felt about that. When a kid touches something hot and hurts her/himself, is it necessary to also scream at her/him? Of course not. Lesson learned. It's simple behavioral psychology.
You yell at a player when they don't know what they did wrong.

Don't you think you are being a little unrealistic here?

How many highlight reels do you see where the coach says something painfully obvious to his player before he goes out on the field. It's called reinforement. If McKelvin is told to just protect the ball than maybe he doesn't do something stupid.

Instead his special teams coach is coaching him to do go out and get a TD.

This is where the HC has to tell his idiot coordinator to make sure Mckelvin protects the ball.

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Don't you think you are being a little unrealistic here?

How many highlight reels do you see where the coach says something painfully obvious to his player before he goes out on the field. It's called reinforement. If McKelvin is told to just protect the ball than maybe he doesn't do something stupid.

Instead his special teams coach is coaching him to do go out and get a TD.

This is where the HC has to tell his idiot coordinator to make sure Mckelvin protects the ball.

I don't think so. I bet he was told to eat a little clock to push it to the 2-minute warning. Maybe he WAS told to protect the ball and he failed. We don't know exactly what he was told.

It's a far reach to put a fumble on a coach.... a reeeealy far reach.

trapezeus
09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
from a yahoo article Kevin Faulk said the following about his team that consistenly wins:

“A lot of people [are] saying we lost a lot of guys on defense and where’s the leadership going to come from,” Faulk said. “It’s from everybody. It starts with the coach.”

Philagape
09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
This team is horribly undisciplined.
Can you imagine Dick chewing anyone out, ever, for anything?

Right now I'm imagining "The Natural."
You have Pop, the gruff, ornery manager. Not only does he bench Bump Bailey after he screws up, he yells at him to shut the hell up while doing it.
Instead of that, Dick Jauron is the nerdy "losing is a disease" psychologist.

Historian
09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
This team is horribly undisciplined.
Can you imagine Dick chewing anyone out, ever, for anything?

Right now I'm imagining "The Natural."
You have Pop, the gruff, ornery manager. Not only does he bench Bump Bailey after he screws up, he yells at him to shut the hell up while doing it.
Instead of that, Dick Jauron is the nerdy "losing is a disease" psychologist.

ROFL...my wife said the same thing this morning.

DynaPaul
09-15-2009, 12:14 PM
I would have enjoyed the game better if the Pats had just blown them out instead of the usual Buffalo Bills Dick Tease routine where they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the end. It's like reliving SB XXV all over again.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 12:16 PM
First let me say I didn't have this game in the win coloumn for the Bills from the outset, but when they had the game "in Hand" and lost only proves one thing, it is a poorly coached team.

I have no problem with Leodis, my problem is; Why wasn't he told to go down when any of the 11 tacklers got near him.

Other notes of a bad team; 9 penalties.

Folks think back over the last 3 Jauron years, this scenario plays out over and over, like the movie "Groundhog day".

It's simply bad coaching.

FN

Agreed...

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM
I would have enjoyed the game better if the Pats had just blown them out instead of the usual Buffalo Bills Dick Tease routine where they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the end. It's like reliving SB XXV all over again.

Yep. There is a movie like this where if the kid had made the game winning hit instead of striking out his whole life would have been different.

Super Bowl 25 get's replayed everytime we do this. By the way we got outcoached by Bellichek in that game as well.