PDA

View Full Version : Edwards played Great!

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Thought it should be said. The guy had 114.1 passer rating and it would have been better had it not been for some ridiculous drops.

He gave his line kudos after the game, especially Wood, Levitre, and Bell.

Van Pelt could be a very good change for him.

Bruce is Loose
09-15-2009, 08:37 AM
He looked sharp in his decision making - he didnt have the deer in headlights look we have seen a lot since his noggin got hit last year. A generally quick release made the line look good too.

Philagape
09-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Add in a couple of successful audibles and Houdini escapes from the pass rush, and of course not turning it over, and he had an excellent game.

Chewytie
09-15-2009, 08:40 AM
I would like to see him not check down as much. If AVP consistently calls like he did last night, I will be happy. Expect more than 7-9.

psubills62
09-15-2009, 08:42 AM
He looked like a completely different person than the one playing in the preseason games. I'd love to see more of him...unfortunately we couldn't sustain drives, which almost never his fault.

The problem is that we still haven't seen him against a 3-4 defense, since the Pats switched to a 4-3.

The good thing is that AVP is new to calling plays, but he seemed to do a good job yesterday. Also, our OL should improve significantly. You have to wonder if the offensive coordinator switch was part of the reason for miscommunications with Bell (it could have simply been mental errors on Bell's part, too).

I'm intrigued to see what this offense can do when Evans and Owens are more involved in the gameplan.

BAM
09-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I was VERY impressed with Trent's composure and leadership last night. We'll see what happens the rest of the year but that game helped with my confidence in him being the Bills QB!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Exactly Bammer. I want Trent to be the man! I can't stomach another QB change.

JD
09-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I would like to see him not check down as much. If AVP consistently calls like he did last night, I will be happy. Expect more than 7-9.

Owens was very rarely open.. it was as if both of the Bills and Pats were playing the same deep defenses, neither team had long shots.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm encouraged by his play, but I'm not going to say he played great.

The last 50 seconds is the proof. After the completion to TO, I thought he should just go for the underneath stuff to allow someone to run a little. We only need to go 15 to 20 yards for a legit field goal shot. Instead he's looking for that big throw and got sacked, twice. Some of it is on Van Pelt, too. I actually thought a screen play there, while it may take 15 seconds to run, could very well get us into field goal range, considering the success we had and the heavy pressure the Pats are bringing in then. The thing is, he needs to keep a clear mind that no matter what, do not take a sack - throw away and he didn't do that.

BillsOwnAll
09-15-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm encouraged by his play, but I'm not going to say he played great.

The last 50 seconds is the proof. After the completion to TO, I thought he should just go for the underneath stuff to allow someone to run a little. We only need to go 15 to 20 yards for a legit field goal shot. Instead he's looking for that big throw and got sacked, twice. Some of it is on Van Pelt, too. I actually thought a screen play there, while it may take 15 seconds to run, could very well get us into field goal range, considering the success we had and the heavy pressure the Pats are bringing in then. The thing is, he needs to keep a clear mind that no matter what, do not take a sack - throw away and he didn't do that.

It doesnt help when you have 2 seconds to release the ball. They were on him as soon as they hiked the ball. TE shouldnt of had to have a 4th quarter comeback that game really.