PDA

View Full Version : Jackson or Lynch, who's the starter.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Another thread I got roasted for last year.

I suggested that Jackson be the starter with Lynch being the guy to come in and pound it down their throats later.

What do you guys think now?

I think Jackson finds the hole better.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 11:28 AM
who's the starter? April

Seriously, RBC or 2 back set.. It would've been great if Lynch was in there to soften up the D for Jackson to come in.

BillsOwnAll
09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Even ammount of touches for both wouldnt be a bad thing.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Can one of the mods take Justa off ignore. He's not on my ignore list so I don't know why I can't see his posts.

yordad
09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
So far, Lynch. He is better at running. Jackson seems to be the better 3rd down option though.

cocamide
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Out of all the Bills' problems, figuring out if Lynch or Jackson should start is way at the bottom of the list. I hope they split carries evenly so that they're both well rested for our Super Bowl run. (The last part is a joke.)

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 11:34 AM
If Jackson plays like he did last night, you let him keep the starting job, and make Lynch realize this is what happens when you are a screw up..

Not that I don't beleive in Lynch, but make Lynch earn it back with extremly hard work. He'll get his tounches, and he'll need to make the most of them

However I don't mind seeing Lynch in the backfield and Jackson motioning out wide more often

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Can one of the mods take Justa off ignore. He's not on my ignore list so I don't know why I can't see his posts.
do you promise to behave ? :D

madness
09-15-2009, 11:41 AM
If finding the hole better makes you a better RB, Travis Henry wins hands down.

psubills62
09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
I still think Lynch should be the starter. Jackson ran well, but the OL actually did well opening up some holes for him. And just in case you didn't remember, neither back did very well in the preseason.

I'd love to see them both on the field at the same time. Run screen plays to both of them at times and get the defense to try and guess where to load up.

trapezeus
09-15-2009, 11:51 AM
i don't know what i think. Jackson is more of a thurman style runner. he squeks into tight spaces and moves in and out very quickly. Lynch loves running through people.

In some cases its better to get jackson running early, getting the first downs by sliding through holes and such and making the defenses wonder what they are doing wrong and then just blast them with Lynch. Lynch however has the upside that when he's running well in the first and second quarter, he is running even better in the fourth. I don't know if he can run like he does in the fourth without steady action during the game.

The solution would be to roll a lot of two back sets with jackson running out for screens and lynch blocking and running with the ball in the other direction. It'll get the d's to creep up to stop two lethal threats and then open it up more for Evans and TO.

JD
09-15-2009, 11:57 AM

I suggested that Jackson be the starter with Lynch being the guy to come in and pound it down their throats later.

I've been saying the same exact **** to my friends for a while now. Thank you.

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 12:00 PM
If finding the hole better makes you a better RB, Travis Henry wins hands down.

How many illegitimate kids did McGahee have... this could be close

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
How many illegitimate kids did McGahee have... this could be close
Henry wins it. He also live in a hole now. Cell Block 8

Philagape
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Why does one guy have to be the man? A lot of teams have their thunder-and-lightning combo, and we have ours. The issue is, can they make full use of both of them?

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Do you ever look at the defense?

When Lynch was out there (and I only talk about regular season games now) he ALWAYS faced 8 man fronts as our QB's were ALWAYS held in check because the only weapon we had was Lee Evans.

Last night, we faced less frontage and more coverage, because of TO. And Fred still only had 57 on the ground.

Point being, teams fear Lynch more and defend him harder. They are willing to let Fred try to be the one that kills them. How many wins has he gotten us?

I'm very anxious to see what Lynch does now that teams are backing off for fear of TO, which was very obvious last night. The Pats usually cram the LOS when they play us. This week, 6 man fronts.

Lynch is going to rip a new a-hole in Miami week 4.

Michael82
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd rather have them be co-starters like what the Titans do with Johnson and White.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Jackson looked great and will look great splitting carries/touches with Lynch. I'm glad he's on our team!

Dujek
09-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Lynch, he's a better pure runner. I love seeing them both on the field at the same time though.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I assume Lynch will still be the starter but I definitely see a split of carries coming possibly 50-50 even.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Why does one guy have to be the man? A lot of teams have their thunder-and-lightning combo, and we have ours. The issue is, can they make full use of both of them?

I'm not implying that we only keep one guy. However, RBs need momentum as much as QBs do. Trying to pluck guys in and out doesn't work, IMO, because these guys have completely different running styles.

Jackson finds the holes better. I'd rather use Lynch more like a FB and just pound it down after their D starts to get tired.

I want them both on my team!!

Jan Reimers
09-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Lynch will be the number 1 guy, with Jackson getting plenty of touches as a great change of pace back.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Send Lynch packing. He's another screw up away for a year off. Let him be some one else's problem.

Jackson is best overall back on this team.

JediMindPowers
09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Jackson is a better blocker.

Jackson is smarter.

Jackson is a better receiver out of the backfield.

Jackson is more patient.

Jackson explodes through the holes with more burst.

Jackson finds more holes.

Jackson plays with more heart.

And lastly, Jackson isn't leading a double life riding dirty in a luxury car with no license plates, three gangbangers, four semi-automatic guns and a dozen or so stinky marijuana blunts.

The timeshare should be 70 - 30 in Jackson's favour.

Beastie Bills
09-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Lynch > Jackson

That being said, I love them both, and I want them both on the field as much as possible. We've been promised two-back sets since Travis Henry and Willis McGahee. Can we actually do this for once?!?!?!?!?!?

SquishDaFish
09-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Lynch hands down. But would love 2 back sets with both back there all game long

rcd333
09-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Jackson is a better blocker.

Jackson is smarter.

Jackson is a better receiver out of the backfield.

Jackson is more patient.

Jackson explodes through the holes with more burst.

Jackson finds more holes.

Jackson plays with more heart.

And lastly, Jackson isn't leading a double life riding dirty in a luxury car with no license plates, three gangbangers, four semi-automatic guns and a dozen or so stinky marijuana blunts.

The timeshare should be 70 - 30 in Jackson's favour.

4 billions posts... really?

JediMindPowers
09-15-2009, 03:35 PM
4 billions posts... really?

Two Words: Jedi Powers

casdhf
09-15-2009, 03:55 PM
It's NBF. I don't know any other turd that says "favour"

Mr. Pink
09-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Even if you think that Lynch is more talented, it wouldn't be by much.

Jackson is a better fit for the offensive philosophy just based on the fact he has better hands out of the backfield than Lynch.

We employ a lot of screens and checkdowns to the back. An area where Jackson excels compared to Lynch.

Based on the above, there's no way you can say Lynch should be the starter.

By the way, I think Jackson is a better runner and blocker on top of the obvious stated above.