X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

This team is going to unravel quickly.

It's easy to say that we played well for the most part. Edwards, Jackson, Nelson, and a few others. But at the end of the day the result yesterday, and this season, may be worse than we are thinking:

1) As good as Schobel played when we needed the pass rush the most it was non existant. The same issue as last year.

2) Owens might not get past week 2 before he unloads on not getting the ball. For those who think he is a "team" player think again. I like Owens but there is no way he'll go the entire season with what happened yesterday.

3) This might be the loss that breaks the camels back. I'm sure these guys are well aware that they can't close the big games out. Confidence has to be low with the veterans. Evans and Whitner for sure.

4) The Jets and Fins are going to murder our o-line. Our LT had 4 penalties and gave up a sack. I watched the Jets the other day and their D is for real. The Pats D isn't good.

Point is that we didn't get killed so everyone feels hopeful. The Pats were not that good last night and made us look better than we are.

I think this loss actually hurt more than a blowout. We are thinking we are closer than we are and when we start losing games that we deem "winnable" it's going to make things unravel quickly.

I still see Jauron gone mid-season.
    Last edited by HHURRICANE; 09-15-2009, 12:22 PM.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: This team is going to unravel quickly.

I agree with it all again, maybe we're related.. The Jets are for real. Their play calling was outstanding this week, I am scared.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

As much as I hate Jauron, I don't see Ralphy letting him go before the end of the season. Jauron is holding this team back, but until the owner realizes this, nothing will change. I think last night showed that there is talent on this team, it's just not being put in the right position to be successful.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

oh crap! Lets just shut down and end our season.
        We couldn't stop Brady and Moss, so we most likely can't stop a rookie in Sanchez.

We should tell the bills not to bother showing up vs. the BUcs.

Game over bills!
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-15-2009, 12:30 PM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TheBrownBear
          • Dec 2004

I'm as negative as they come, but this is a whole lot of whining considering what we witnessed last night. We played well. It was a hard fought football game that hinged on one stupid individual mistake.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
            I'm as negative as they come, but this is a whole lot of whining considering what we witnessed last night. We played well. It was a hard fought football game that hinged on one stupid individual mistake.
            We played well against Dallas two years ago.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2009

Its funny because these people have the worst defeatist attitudes ever, yet that's pretty much what they're accusing our team of being.

That was the best we've played in years and its the end of the world.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
                Its funny because these people have the worst defeatist attitudes ever, yet that's pretty much what they're accusing our team of being.

Seriously? Please tell me you're joking!?!?

Comment

• Commissioner
                  • Dec 2004

I completely disagree. I think the team builds off this and has a surprisingly good season.

A young football team just went toe to toe with one of the elite teams in the league and they know it. Based off their comments they will be out for revenge next week.

If they play keep playing the same way and get better (less penalties and dropped balls) they will surprise folks.

Watch them win the next 7 games.
                  Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

Did you read the thread?

I don't play for or coach the Bills so all I can do is comment on what I see.

If I said they were a playoff team would that make it so?

Comment

• homeslice5484
                      • Jul 2008

our pass d sucked...if brady wasnt off on a few throws in the first half the game would have been out of hand at half time. The incomplete passes in the first half had nothing to do with the DB's

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I totally disagree! But I will wait for next weeks game before I make my decision. This is the kind of game that could make or break a team. Usually, the Buffalo Bills would shrivel up and die after a loss like this. With TO here and Trent Edwards gaining some confidence, I expect something different and think the team will come out firing next week and easily win the game. Next week will show us what the Buffalo Bills are truly made of.
                        Last edited by Michael82; 09-15-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by homeslice5484
                          our pass d sucked...if brady wasnt off on a few throws in the first half the game would have been out of hand at half time. The incomplete passes in the first half had nothing to do with the DB's
                          There's many on here who seem to think the defense played great...I'm confused as to what they watched!?!?

Comment

• Commissioner
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            We played well against Dallas two years ago.
                            Dallas isn't Tom Brady and Randy Moss, with Bill Belichick on the sidelines.

Plus our offense was terrible that night... we had 2 defensive touchdowns and a special teams touchdown.

Last night our offense looked competent for the 1st time in a long time and our defense, despite giving up late touchdowns held their own against the most prolific passing combo in NFL history a couple years ago.

You guys need to stop being so blind.
                            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Commissioner
                              I completely disagree. I think the team builds off this and has a surprisingly good season.

A young football team just went toe to toe with one of the elite teams in the league and they know it. Based off their comments they will be out for revenge next week.

If they play keep playing the same way and get better (less penalties and dropped balls) they will surprise folks.

Watch them win the next 7 games.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. The only reason that I don't see it this way is this team already knows Jauron is dead man walking.

Whitner was crying because he was desperate to prove everyone wrong about this team.

They need wins as the remedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X