PDA

View Full Version : This team is going to unravel quickly.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:21 PM
It's easy to say that we played well for the most part. Edwards, Jackson, Nelson, and a few others. But at the end of the day the result yesterday, and this season, may be worse than we are thinking:

1) As good as Schobel played when we needed the pass rush the most it was non existant. The same issue as last year.

2) Owens might not get past week 2 before he unloads on not getting the ball. For those who think he is a "team" player think again. I like Owens but there is no way he'll go the entire season with what happened yesterday.

3) This might be the loss that breaks the camels back. I'm sure these guys are well aware that they can't close the big games out. Confidence has to be low with the veterans. Evans and Whitner for sure.

4) The Jets and Fins are going to murder our o-line. Our LT had 4 penalties and gave up a sack. I watched the Jets the other day and their D is for real. The Pats D isn't good.

Point is that we didn't get killed so everyone feels hopeful. The Pats were not that good last night and made us look better than we are.

I think this loss actually hurt more than a blowout. We are thinking we are closer than we are and when we start losing games that we deem "winnable" it's going to make things unravel quickly.

I still see Jauron gone mid-season.

JD
09-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I agree with it all again, maybe we're related.. The Jets are for real. Their play calling was outstanding this week, I am scared.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
As much as I hate Jauron, I don't see Ralphy letting him go before the end of the season. Jauron is holding this team back, but until the owner realizes this, nothing will change. I think last night showed that there is talent on this team, it's just not being put in the right position to be successful.

justasportsfan
oh crap! Lets just shut down and end our season.
We couldn't stop Brady and Moss, so we most likely can't stop a rookie in Sanchez.

We should tell the bills not to bother showing up vs. the BUcs.

Game over bills!

TheBrownBear
I'm as negative as they come, but this is a whole lot of whining considering what we witnessed last night. We played well. It was a hard fought football game that hinged on one stupid individual mistake.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm as negative as they come, but this is a whole lot of whining considering what we witnessed last night. We played well. It was a hard fought football game that hinged on one stupid individual mistake.

We played well against Dallas two years ago.

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Its funny because these people have the worst defeatist attitudes ever, yet that's pretty much what they're accusing our team of being.

That was the best we've played in years and its the end of the world.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Its funny because these people have the worst defeatist attitudes ever, yet that's pretty much what they're accusing our team of being.

Seriously? Please tell me you're joking!?!?

Commissioner
09-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I completely disagree. I think the team builds off this and has a surprisingly good season.

A young football team just went toe to toe with one of the elite teams in the league and they know it. Based off their comments they will be out for revenge next week.

If they play keep playing the same way and get better (less penalties and dropped balls) they will surprise folks.

Watch them win the next 7 games.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:35 PM

Did you read the thread?

I don't play for or coach the Bills so all I can do is comment on what I see.

If I said they were a playoff team would that make it so?

homeslice5484
09-15-2009, 12:35 PM
our pass d sucked...if brady wasnt off on a few throws in the first half the game would have been out of hand at half time. The incomplete passes in the first half had nothing to do with the DB's

Michael82
09-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I totally disagree! But I will wait for next weeks game before I make my decision. This is the kind of game that could make or break a team. Usually, the Buffalo Bills would shrivel up and die after a loss like this. With TO here and Trent Edwards gaining some confidence, I expect something different and think the team will come out firing next week and easily win the game. Next week will show us what the Buffalo Bills are truly made of.

Nighthawk
our pass d sucked...if brady wasnt off on a few throws in the first half the game would have been out of hand at half time. The incomplete passes in the first half had nothing to do with the DB's

There's many on here who seem to think the defense played great...I'm confused as to what they watched!?!?

Commissioner
We played well against Dallas two years ago.

Dallas isn't Tom Brady and Randy Moss, with Bill Belichick on the sidelines.

Plus our offense was terrible that night... we had 2 defensive touchdowns and a special teams touchdown.

Last night our offense looked competent for the 1st time in a long time and our defense, despite giving up late touchdowns held their own against the most prolific passing combo in NFL history a couple years ago.

You guys need to stop being so blind.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:37 PM
I completely disagree. I think the team builds off this and has a surprisingly good season.

A young football team just went toe to toe with one of the elite teams in the league and they know it. Based off their comments they will be out for revenge next week.

If they play keep playing the same way and get better (less penalties and dropped balls) they will surprise folks.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. The only reason that I don't see it this way is this team already knows Jauron is dead man walking.

Whitner was crying because he was desperate to prove everyone wrong about this team.

They need wins as the remedy.

Pinkerton Security
09-15-2009, 12:38 PM
HH what did you predict the score of this game would be?

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I totally disagree! But I will wait for next weeks game before I make my decision. This is the kind of game that could make or break a team. Usually, the Buffalo Bills would shrivel up and die after a loss like this. With TO here and Trent Edwards gaining some confidence, I expect something different and think we will the team come out firing next week and easily win the game. Next week will show us what the Buffalo Bills are truly made of.

Although I agree the Bills will beat TB, it will not show what the Bills are made of. Last night showed what the Bills are made of and the end was the same...not good! Beating a poor TB team at home in the home opener, with a crazy crowd all jacked up for the season, will not tell us what type of team this is. Now, the New Orleans game will probably tell us a little more about this team and we can gauge how good or bad the Bills truly are or will be.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:40 PM
HH what did you predict the score of this game would be?

25-24 Pats.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:40 PM
25-24 Pats.

Just kidding.

I don't know if I did but I would have said 38-10.

Commissioner
09-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I hope you are right and I am wrong. The only reason that I don't see it this way is this team already knows Jauron is dead man walking.

Whitner was crying because he was desperate to prove everyone wrong about this team.

They need wins as the remedy.

If they thought Jauron was a dead man walking and weren't gonna play for him, that would of been before last night when the OC was fired and the starting LT was cut.

They got a good coach in AVP that they believe in, and they now know they can go toe to toe with the best. I think they will build off this and Tampa Bay is about to get punished.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
If they thought Jauron was a dead man walking and weren't gonna play for him, that would of been before last night when the OC was fired and the starting LT was cut.

They got a good coach in AVP that they believe in, and they now know they can go toe to toe with the best. I think they will build off this and Tampa Bay is about to get punished.

I think the team is well aware that they are playing for Jauron's job.

I think a blow out against a team that has Brady back on the road is actually more pallatable tha a game you blow because your idiot punt returner doesn't know the importance of hanging on to the ball. I actually think it made Jauron look worse, not better. IMO.

Jan Reimers
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
It's easy to say that we played well for the most part. Edwards, Jackson, Nelson, and a few others. But at the end of the day the result yesterday, and this season, may be worse than we are thinking:

1) As good as Schobel played when we needed the pass rush the most it was non existant. The same issue as last year.

2) Owens might not get past week 2 before he unloads on not getting the ball. For those who think he is a "team" player think again. I like Owens but there is no way he'll go the entire season with what happened yesterday.

3) This might be the loss that breaks the camels back. I'm sure these guys are well aware that they can't close the big games out. Confidence has to be low with the veterans. Evans and Whitner for sure.

4) The Jets and Fins are going to murder our o-line. Our LT had 4 penalties and gave up a sack. I watched the Jets the other day and their D is for real. The Pats D isn't good.

Point is that we didn't get killed so everyone feels hopeful. The Pats were not that good last night and made us look better than we are.

I think this loss actually hurt more than a blowout. We are thinking we are closer than we are and when we start losing games that we deem "winnable" it's going to make things unravel quickly.

You forgot Poz's broken arm.

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
HH has been known to change his mind. He's covering all his bases. If we do fall he'll come back and bring this thread back. If he's wrong, he has some post or thread somewhere to cover that too.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 12:50 PM
HH has been known to change his mind. He's covering all his basis. If we do fall he'll come back and bring this thread back. If he's wrong, he has some post or thread somewhere to cover that too.

Never thought of that, but you are right...:bs:

Bufftp
09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't believe this team will unravel. I believe they will come out and take out there frustration on Tampa!

Commissioner
09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I think the team is well aware that they are playing for Jauron's job.

I think a blow out against a team that has Brady back on the road is actually more pallatable tha a game you blow because your idiot punt returner doesn't know the importance of hanging on to the ball. I actually think it made Jauron look worse, not better. IMO.

They knew they were going to be playing for his job when they rallied for him to stay after last season.

I don't think Jauron looked bad because of McKelvin... every football player that's ever played knows not to fumble the ball.

cocamide
09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
It's amazing what one play can do. If McKelvin keeps that ball and we win the game, there'd be 100 threads about how we're going to the Super Bowl. Instead, he fumbles the ball and there's 100 threads about who needs to be cut, fired, and castrated.

trapezeus
09-15-2009, 01:31 PM
i think the bills get these 4 games to show us what they'll be like over 16 games. But if they lose to the bucs, in frustrating fashion, i'd really prepare yourselves for a 3-13 season. It won't be fun. if they win, then they are on pace for the 5-11 season i envisioned for them.

Michael82
09-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't believe this team will unravel. I believe they will come out and take out there frustration on Tampa!
I feel the same way!

kelly2reed4six
09-15-2009, 01:37 PM
When it comes to talent, we have just as much as the pats in my opinion! It comes down to coaching. You know a stellar coach would not have lost this game in the situation we were in; not a chance! A smart defensive coordinator knows his players limits. No one can blame ellison for those touch down in the end. He can only play as well as his talent allows him to, and expecting him to make those plays is a foolish decision on the coaches part! You have got to give him help, especially after seeing him get burnt the previous series. The coaches really let down the players in this game, especially fewell.

Goobylal
09-15-2009, 02:59 PM
The team will unravel, because they lost a heartbreaker in a game no one thought they had a prayer in, because of the mistake of their return man? Yeah, okay.

If anything, I think Poz' injury hurts them the most. Who plays MLB (and well) now?

kelly2reed4six
09-15-2009, 03:18 PM
bring in derek brooks until poz is back! This team could greatly benefit from bringing in a guy like brooks! Even though he may not be a top tier LB anymore, he would bring an excellent sense of leadership to this team! He still has the ability to make some plays, and would really be an awesome teacher to the young guys! The knowledge alone he would bring would make it worth the signing!

Goobylal
09-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Brooks is toast. The Bears lost Urlacher (gone for season) and Tinoisamoa (don't know how long) and brought him in for a visit, but passed, so that should tell you something. Lovie Smith coached him while LB coach for the Bucs, and the Bears run the Tampa-2.

Hemlepp53
09-15-2009, 04:06 PM
OKAY EVERYONE... I see tons of these negitive posts about last nights game. Do me a favor if youve already given up on the Bills feel free to email me and i will glady provide you with my address so you can ship me all your jerseys and game day apparel. I will proudly wear it with my head and HOPES high...

Point to prove, I live in South Floirda and one of the workers at a local market has been given me **** for the past 3 years about the Bills and how great the Pats are... So today after work... I put on my TO jersey and went to the market to buy a Red Bull.... I got some **** but .. at the end of the day... Its what I live for... Win or Lose... I am a Bills Fan and I will always see the positive along with the negative of each game whether we Win or Lose...

So pack em' up and send it my way.. I will WEAR your Bills Apperal with PRIDE like it should be worn...

BAM
09-15-2009, 04:11 PM

Me too. It's his opinion, but I share yours which is 180 degrees from the original poster. I feel that they'll build off this. Great things man!

G Wolly
09-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I love how quickly everyone abandons the season after one week. With a new offensive play caller, New linemen, No-huddle offense that is in its infancy, playing the New England Patriots regardless of who they lost and gained.

Grow up.

Hemlepp53
09-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I love how quickly everyone abandons the season after one week. With a new offensive play caller, New linemen, No-huddle offense that is in its infancy, playing the New England Patriots regardless of who they lost and gained.

Grow up.

Agreed... The Bills showed up and made a statement. I just cant understand why there are few of us and so many of them???? We looked better than we did when the last season wrapped up and continue to grow and progress.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Guys. I hope I'm wrong. This is just my opinion.

I figured out why I asked the mods to put justa on permamnant ignore. If I were covering my bases than I would have had alot more JP sucks threads when I was defending him against SAB and TD. I'm also the same guy that has defended Jauron. So those are two cases right off the top of my head.

Hell, I could be wrong about Peters in light of the fact that Bell showed me more than I was expecting.

Justa just hates that I have been right more than wrong when it comes to him.

SABURZFAN
09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
i think this board unraveled quicker than the team did. then again, there's only 53 players on the roster. this board may not have 53 jerkoffs but the jerkoffs here make it seem that way.

tampabay25690
09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
HHuricane I will be honest everytime you post a thread it is always negative.....
Y bother are you that unhappy in life to be negative?

I don't know you but thats all I EVER see when you write on here.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 09:12 PM
HHuricane I will be honest everytime you post a thread it is always negative.....
Y bother are you that unhappy in life to be negative?

I don't know you but thats all I EVER see when you write on here.

I have a great life. We lost. I don't like losing. It's that simple.

BillsWin
09-15-2009, 09:16 PM
HH is a pessimistic realist. 85% of the time he is dead on, but he tends to be more negative than positive with his analysis of things. Thats just him. Hes still a good poster, he just steps on toes.

take me for example, I am a optimistic realist. I understand the team is in a state of flux, I understand our pass D is too soft and our head coach is a moron. But I still see alot of positives in this team and think we win 10 games.

Its all how you look at things.

tampabay25690
09-15-2009, 09:16 PM
I have a great life. We lost. I don't like losing. It's that simple.

Yes we lost and it hurt all of us.
But there is enough negativity especially when we are BILLS fans.
You live in ATLANTA I live down South we know how it feels when people always say sorry you are a BILLS fan....

That's all I was saying

tampabay25690
09-15-2009, 09:18 PM
HH is a pessimistic realist. 85% of the time he is dead on, but he tends to be more negative than positive with his analysis of things. Thats just him. Hes still a good poster, he just steps on toes.

take me for example, I am a optimistic realist. I understand the team is in a state of flux, I understand our pass D is too soft and our head coach is a moron. But I still see alot of positives in this team and think we win 10 games.

Its all how you look at things.

I know, I have been on here long enough to know what person I will even read when they post...

Sometimes I wont come on here for a few days to stay away from the negativity..

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I know, I have been on here long enough to know what person I will even read when they post...

Sometimes I wont come on here for a few days to stay away from the negativity..

Hey, are you coming up this weekend?

kelly2reed4six
09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I see us coming out next week and destroying the Bucs. We've got some passionate players on this team....anyone who thinks this loss demoralized them is DEAD WRONG! We're all pisses, so just think about how pissed they are! They're actually the ones who played in the game! These guys are going to come out with a chip on their shoulder next week!

Can't wait!

Mitchell55
09-15-2009, 10:19 PM
The only reason are passrush halted was because the pats started to do 3 step drops because they couldnt stop our front 4.

justasportsfan
09-20-2009, 07:10 PM
:lolpoint:

TacklingDummy
09-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Best thing about this win is we should only see 1 or 2 threads from HH and OP this week.

Typ0
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM
There's plenty of *****ing to be done. A bad football team came in and played worse than us. We gave them plenty of chances.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
There's plenty of *****ing to be done. A bad football team came in and played worse than us. We gave them plenty of chances.

Yep. We had a chance to be dominant and we were okay.