PDA

View Full Version : I still think we're going to get a Wildcard spot

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Guys, listen. I totally agree that losing heartbreaking games on MNF sux. Who wouldn't? I remember back to the early 90's we tended to not play great on MNF. I remember Rod Woodson picking Kelly off for TD's on more than one occasion.

I remember Derek Holmes fumbling a goal line run, only to get it returned 98 yards by Lee Woodall (Evander Holyfield lookalike)

There have been TONS of heartbreaking lossing on night games for us. Lets move on.

16 out of the 32 teams lost their first game. Including Miami. Who also lost their first game LAST SEASON.

Washington, Tampa, Detroit, Cincinnati, Chicago, Arizona, Tennessee, Houston, Kansas City, Oakland, St Louis, Carolina, Miami, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Buffalo.

For any one of them, or The Bills, to say "season's over" after one game, is totally nuts.

Look at Tennessee for example. They dropped a heartbreaking loss in overtime to the Pittsburgh Steelers in which they gave up a lead in the end of the game. Is their season over?

The Bills played really well and we have a ton of things to be excited about. Looking ahead at our schedule, we have a solid chance at some W's.

Tampa, gave up a ton of yards to a Dalls WR corp that I think can't touch ours. 80 yard TD to Patrick Crayton? They couldn't catch Patrick Crayton? They run our defense so we're familiar with it. We're going to torch Tampa.

New Orleans. Obviously, prolific offense. That said, Detroit, with a rookie HC, rookie QB, on the road put up 27 points. The Saints problems are the same as last year obviously, and if we play like we did Monday on both sides of the ball, this will be a close contest.

At Miami. Obviously, division games are tough. But as the Patriots showed last night, we are going to be an offense that at least gets respected in defensive allignment. They were off the LOS more last night than I ever remember the modern era Pats being. This will also be Lynch's first game back.

So the Dolphins have to choose, do we want to respect TO and Lee's threats or do we want to try to tackle Lynch on his first game back? A good problem for Buffalo to have.

We could easy be 2-2 or even 3-1 at this point and we then host Cleveland. To say that it's out of the realm of reasonable possibility that we are 3-2 or even 4-1 after 5 games would be crazy.

The fact is, we ran blocked well, we pass blocked well. Trent through the ball well. You can't be aggressive and move the ball and also run 75 plays a game. So pick. The Pats ran an offense identical to what we've been complaining about all year. Dink and dunk and check downs. But they rope a doped us til the end when he those two over the middle to Watson.

We're in this. I don't care what you negative [insert TOS violation here]'s have to say. This team has a legit shot to be 10-6 and be in the Playoffs.

M
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm with you Juice. The game yesterday was a heartbreaker for sure but I still BILLEVE!!!

:homer: ----> CTBills97

Typ0
09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
It's not the game that was the season killer it was the opponent. To think our season is not over is to think the PATS are going to come here and we will beat them. That is the ONLY way we will win the division and that is our ticket to the playoffs due to our strength of schedule. I did a study a few years ago about strenght of schedule and it was very clear to me that the teams with weaker schedules were one of the groups in the playoffs. The other group was the few select very good football teams in the league and sometimes those teams didn't make it due to the injury factor...and example would be NE from last year. So maybe you are right, we can wait around for Brady to get injured again and then have a shot at the playoffs. I'm not banking on Brady going down though and our season is over if he stays on the field because the PATS will be winning the division. Go ahead and call me crazy I think you are crazy to think otherwise too. We have gotten better but we aren't there yet.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't think Tampa runs a Tampa 2 anymore, but I agree.

justasportsfan
12-10-2009, 09:52 AM
here , go pat yourself on the back juice. You were right!!

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:56 AM
whats your point d-bag?

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Congrats, Justa.

Your so awesome you remember every thread and go back and search them just to bump them and then don't even make anything even resembling a point.

You da man!

HHURRICANE
12-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Sadly, Justa never posts all the times that he has been wrong. Which is a ton.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Sadly, Justa never posts all the times that he has been wrong. Which is a ton.

Justa's second part of his name should rhyme with oosh bag or ock moker

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
I guess it was bad of me to hope for the best after 1 game.

The only real thing I've said that you guys have a problem with was that I thought Maybin should be given walking papers. 12 games 0 sacks.

We're paying multi millions for kickoff coverage. Sad thing is John Wendling kills him in that.

What does Maybin do good?

justasportsfan
12-10-2009, 10:04 AM
LOl. HH and Juice.Under the apple tree. :smooch:

The two guys who supposedly quit on the team are still here creating one stupid thread after another.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 10:08 AM
LOl. HH and Juice.Under the apple tree. :smooch:

The two guys who supposedly quit on the team are still here creating one stupid thread after another.

better than anything you post beyotch!

yordad
12-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Actually, I think justa did make a point.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Actually, I think justa did make a point.

and it is?

so profound you can't put it into words??

ha. your both obvious "under the fruit" tree together...not me.

justasportsfan
12-10-2009, 02:06 PM
and it is?

ha. your both obvious "under the fruit" tree together...not me.

You're

yordad
12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
and it is?

ha. your both obvious "under the fruit" tree together...not me.Actually, is it so obvious, I don't feel the urge to put it in words.

The Juice Is Loose
12-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Actually, is it so obvious, I don't feel the urge to put it in words.

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T! THERE IS NO POINT!

YOU TWO ARE CLOWNS!

FlyingDutchman
12-10-2009, 04:15 PM
better than anything you post beyotch!

beyotch? what is this 1997 lol. whata gay

Typ0
12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
There was nothing wrong with hoping for the best after one game...it just was contrary to the evidence.

I guess it was bad of me to hope for the best after 1 game.

The only real thing I've said that you guys have a problem with was that I thought Maybin should be given walking papers. 12 games 0 sacks.

We're paying multi millions for kickoff coverage. Sad thing is John Wendling kills him in that.

What does Maybin do good?

Mr. Pink
12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
This team is so far away from a playoff spot, it's not even funny.

That's why this thread was dragged up.

I will guarantee you that the Bills won't even make the playoffs in 2010, right now nor will the Browns for that matter.

G Wolly
12-10-2009, 07:51 PM
This team is so far away from a playoff spot, it's not even funny.

If you wanna be technical we could still win the division if we win out and the others lose out.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2009, 08:24 PM
i want what Juice is smoking. this team will not make the playoffs this year.

Mr. Pink
12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
If you wanna be technical we could still win the division if we win out and the others lose out.

It's not about technicalities, it's about reality.

We'll be lucky to win one more game, let alone win out.

Typ0
12-10-2009, 08:56 PM

how can they lose out when they have to play each other?

BillsWin
12-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Watch the Bills win out, lose the division and drop out of the top ten in picks, just to spite us fans.

G Wolly
12-10-2009, 09:49 PM
how can they lose out when they have to play each other?

The only divisional game left is us against the Pats. The Jets and Dolphins already played their 6 division games.