• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Why Ellison?

Why was Ellison covering Watson?

Why wasnt Youboty or a safety on him? Again the defensive coordinator screws up at the end.

Against Dallas he didnt protect the sideline...last night he left Ellison on the TE.

Had Brady not been off on his throws in the first half, the game would have not been close. Our DBs were out of position and couldnt tackle all game.

I need to see more games before I give this team any credit. Decent start but still too much of the same old stuff.

• Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why Ellison?

I don't know...ask the coaches, they put him in that position.

Comment

• homeslice5484
      • Jul 2008

i know....but shouldnt they have taken out a LB and replaced him with a safety or CB knowing the Pats had to score a TD?

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by homeslice5484
        i know....but shouldnt they have taken out a LB and replaced him with a safety or CB knowing the Pats had to score a TD?
        That would be smart and we know that this staff isn't that...

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

If Poz was healthy...he would have been out there and Ellison would have sat on the bench.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i'm going to repeat this until it gains traction here. but Ellison is the LB equivalent of last year's Losman. We all knew Losman was done last year, but they sold us that he was the best back up. and we had to see him fail a second straight year.

ellison is also a failure in his spot. He shouldn't be there, but they sold us that he was the best option we have. And we knew last year that he wasn't good enough. We'd rather go with hamden than losman, and we'd rather go with any of the rookie LB's than with ellison.

Comment

• homeslice5484
              • Jul 2008

ok, but shouldnt a corner or safety have been on the TE regardless if Poz or Ellison was out there?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                If Poz was healthy...he would have been out there and Ellison would have sat on the bench.
                and Poz would the one who would've gotten burned.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

If you put a safety on the TE, you leave Moss or Welker singled. Pick your poison.
                  A Cover 2 LB has to be adept at coverage.
                  It's the entire scheme that's a problem, more than any one play.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Why was Ellison covering Watson?

Why wasnt Youboty or a safety on him? Again the defensive coordinator screws up at the end.

Against Dallas he didnt protect the sideline...last night he left Ellison on the TE.

Had Brady not been off on his throws in the first half, the game would have not been close. Our DBs were out of position and couldnt tackle all game.

I need to see more games before I give this team any credit. Decent start but still too much of the same old stuff.
                    Well, I can tell you why it wasn't a safety- ever see Whitner try to cover a TE? The results would have been similar.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      i'm going to repeat this until it gains traction here. but Ellison is the LB equivalent of last year's Losman. We all knew Losman was done last year, but they sold us that he was the best back up. and we had to see him fail a second straight year.

ellison is also a failure in his spot. He shouldn't be there, but they sold us that he was the best option we have. And we knew last year that he wasn't good enough. We'd rather go with hamden than losman, and we'd rather go with any of the rookie LB's than with ellison.

I don't agree. Ellisson has shown marketed improvement at times. It's the other times he's having a problem. JP was the same guy when he left he was when he got here.

Comment

• kid mickey
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        Well, I can tell you why it wasn't a safety- ever see Whitner try to cover a TE? The results would have been similar.
                        B.S. I know this is the haterade board on Whitner, but I call complete b.s. Whitner is not the problem. The problem is having a backer that can cover a TE in a situation like that. Buffalo should have either a third safety on the field for that play or they should be rushing more defenders or they should be putting Nic Harris in as the the hybrid rover plain and simple everybody was covered but Watson and the deep middle. I guarantee you that if either Whitner or Scott were in that zone neither one of those passes Watson caught would have been completions its not the player its was the particular play call that effed us up. Buffalo needs to run more three safety sets in situations like that.
                        Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• baalworship
                          • May 2003

Fewell better figure this out because Kellen Winslow is better than Watson and he arrives next week. Ellison covering him will be another TD.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                            • Feb 2008

Honestly Scott shouldve covered Watson. Whitner shouldve of helped cover Moss, Byrd shouldve helped cover Welker. then we shouldve had Youboty and Corner covering Galloway and Aiken. With a 3 man front and Mitchell at LB.

Comment

Working...
                            X