PDA

View Full Version : post game comments from players/coachs?

trapezeus
09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
other than jauron agreeing withtaking the ball out, i haven't really heard many player/coach descriptions of the game.

What i have heard:
1. Mckelvin feels no remorse for his mistake
2. TO refused to comment and twittered nothing of interest
3. jauron stood by mckelvin's decision. (hard to tell if that's a boss standing up for his employee or if he really believes that)
4. whitner cried at his locker.

Did anyone have anything enlightening to say?

JD
09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Edwards credited his o-line

Dr. Pepper
09-15-2009, 01:54 PM
LOL trap thats a hilarious recap.... definitely lightens my mood about the loss.

hilarious, and sad at the same time.

Jan Reimers
09-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Poz said "Oh S***" when the X-ray of his arm came back.

cocamide
09-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Poz said "Oh S***" when the X-ray of his arm came back.

Actually, it was "Oh no. Not my jerking arm!"

M
09-15-2009, 02:00 PM
other than jauron agreeing withtaking the ball out, i haven't really heard many player/coach descriptions of the game.

What i have heard:
1. Mckelvin feels no remorse for his mistake His mistake being taking the ball out or fumbling. Big difference there (to me, at least).
2. TO refused to comment and twittered nothing of interest I'm glad he didn't say anything - if he did the media would say he is a cancer, blah, blah, blah.
3. jauron stood by mckelvin's decision. (hard to tell if that's a boss standing up for his employee or if he really believes that) Wonder what April is saying...
4. whitner cried at his locker. UGH. Shut it Whitner.

Did anyone have anything enlightening to say?

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 02:05 PM
TO mitchel and maybin all said they don't accept a loss and they'll be ready next week...

Thurmal
09-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Dick Jauron complimented the company that makes the coffins he sleeps in.

JD
09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Dick Jauron complimented the company that makes the coffins he sleeps in.
I bet you're Thurman Thomas :topdog:

Mudflap1
09-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Edwards told Peter King that he really likes AVP, he is a calming influence to him, and he called a good game.

Lexwhat
09-15-2009, 06:14 PM
If these are his comment, it really pisses me off that McKelvin doesn't acknowledge his huge mistake.

Taking the ball out wasn't a mistake, but when you fumble TWICE on 2 consecutive kickoffs, you are a damn FOOL. Especially when the game is on the line like that.

I remember Bill Belichick once cut a player after he missed a tackle on a kickoff return (or something similar). Dick Jauron can't condone a mistake that big. I'm obviously not saying the Bills should cut McKelvin, but they DO need to give him an earful.

These types of mistakes are a curse to NFL teams.

Owen DeBoard
09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
If these are his comment, it really pisses me off that McKelvin doesn't acknowledge his huge mistake.

Taking the ball out wasn't a mistake, but when you fumble TWICE on 2 consecutive kickoffs, you are a damn FOOL. Especially when the game is on the line like that.

I remember Bill Belichick once cut a player after he missed a tackle on a kickoff return (or something similar). Dick Jauron can't condone a mistake that big. I'm obviously not saying the Bills should cut McKelvin, but they DO need to give him an earful.

These types of mistakes are a curse to NFL teams.
No what Jauron needs to do is put McGee back there on kickoff returns because he wouldnt have made that same stupid ass mistake as McKelvin did. McGee was really good at returning kickoffs I dont understand why he aint back there.

T-Long
09-15-2009, 07:40 PM
No what Jauron needs to do is put McGee back there on kickoff returns because he wouldnt have made that same stupid ass mistake as McKelvin did. McGee was really good at returning kickoffs I dont understand why he aint back there.
Because you don't put your #1 corner in those type of situations because of the chance of injury. McKelvin is a helluva good return guy, he just should have not tried to get extra yardage. We didn't need it then. Get down, get ONE first down and we win the game. End of story.

Jeff1220
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
McKelvin's decision to take the ball out was def a gamble, but had he not fumbled, everyone would be lauding what a smart decision it was. From what I understand, he decided to take it out because he thought the clock would run down to the 2 min warning, pretty much eliminating the Pats' chances of getting the ball again.

Of course, he fumbled, so that's all moot.