PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to eat crow about one thing...

Mudflap1
09-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I have been hard on Trent Edwards. However, the guy played lights out last night, in terms of what we need from him. He only had one bad throw that I saw, eluded the rush and scrambled a few times, had some key third down passes perfectly thrown that were dropped, didn't turn the ball over, seemed to be comfortable in the no-huddle, and overall seemed very focused. It's amazing what happens when the Pats go from a 3-4 last year to a 4-3 this year. All of a sudden Trent played a really nice game against a good team.

Unfortunately, the team overall doesn't know how to win against good teams. It's an ugly trend. At least it was the first game instead of mid to late in the season when the team is already behind the eight ball, record-wise.

I like what I saw from Edwards and AVP. I also like what I saw from our young offensive line overall. There were some mistakes, but they scrapped toe-to-toe with, in my opinion, the best team in the NFL. I hope it continues.

Right now, the Bills defensively look like a clone of Indy. Not an awesome defense, but good enough to keep the team in most games. The offense needs to catch up to be somewhat like Indy's offense for this team to really take the next step.

The Juice Is Loose
09-15-2009, 02:11 PM
I agree with you.

IDK, when its 3/5 for the online's first game ever, you have to assume that they'll only get better. I thought the oline played better than we've seen in Buffalo in years.

I thought the inside 3 all pulled great as well, and Jackson showed great patience to let them set up their blocks.

I think when Lynch comes back, if we can stay healthy, our offense can be a 25-30ppg type team, consistantly.

Last year, 25-30ppg would have gotten us 10-6 easily.

Ickybaluky
09-15-2009, 03:55 PM
It's amazing what happens when the Pats go from a 3-4 last year to a 4-3 this year. All of a sudden Trent played a really nice game against a good team.

The Pats actually opened up in the 3-4, switching to the 4-3 after Mayo's injury.

Mudflap1
09-15-2009, 04:02 PM
The Pats actually opened up in the 3-4, switching to the 4-3 after Mayo's injury.

Now that you mention it, you are right. I remember Wilfork running around at nose tackle looking like he was out of shape during the TD drive in the first half.