PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Heart-Wrenching Losses 04-Present

IAG
09-15-2009, 04:46 PM
The following are the worst losses since 2004. I cannot believe how many brutal defeats we have had. I based it on the following criteria:

1. Value of the loss- the loss keeping Buffalo from getting into the playoffs.
2. The Bills snatching defeat from jaws of victory.
I did not go back to the Super Bowl days or the late 90's Wild Card tough endings.

Here we go...feel free to discuss OR add your games.

Game Date Score Notes
10. New England 9-10-06 19-17 We keep it close and lose it in the end
9. Tennessee 12-24-06 30-29 We have a chance to make the playoffs and we blow versus a rookie QB that stinks now
8. Denver 9-9-07 15-14 Opening day, we can steal one from Denver and Elam runs on to the field with no time and bangs in a field goal
7. New England 11-18-07 56-10 A night game celebrating Kevin Everett's return and we get housed on national tv.
6. Cleveland 11-17-08 29-27 Another game snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Field goals bouncing off of uprights.
5. Jacksonville 9-12-04 13-10 Opening day, new Mike M. era and we lose on a lofted pass by Leftwich in back of end zone to Ernest Wilford.
4. Dallas 10-8-07 25-24 Wow...how can we forget. Jerry Jones celebrating in a luxury box at the Ralph
3. New England 9-14-09 25-24 Last night...take a knee please
2. NY Jets 12-14-08 31-27 Inexplicable Losman rollout. While nothing on the line, it was still a mind numbing play that was just comical.
1. Pittsburgh 1-2-04 29-24 IF the Bills win AT home vs Pit, they go to the playoffs. Oh yeah, against a bunch of back ups....we lose and never come close like that again to the playoffs.

SABuffalo786
09-15-2009, 04:55 PM
It wasn't exactly heart wrenching but the Cleveland away game in December 07 was pretty dissapointing. Could've made that Philly game a win and you're in scenario.

It's especially annoying for me since me and a bunch of guys I went to high school made the trip down with thousands of other Bills fans only to sit and watch Jamal Lewis slowly kill off our playoff chances in the storm of the century.

Mudflap1
09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Good list. Again, the Bills just don't know how to win. The fact there are so many stomach punch games in there from the Jauron era should tell everyone all they need to know about the coaching ability to prepare the team to win close games.

IAG
09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
You are right about Jauron.

topher180
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Great post, yet painful. Man, I forgot about that Denver game with the buzzer beater FG. As painful as last night was, the sheer agony of the MNF loss vs. Dallas numbed me substantially. Enough where I can say "see, I knew they would F this up" without being as angry.

BTW, "...we blow versus a rookie QB that stinks now" makes me chuckle for some reason.

IAG
09-16-2009, 06:29 AM
We need a bigger than life personality as a coach...Gruden, Shanahan, Billick that can take the team and town give it life. Somebody with Super Bowl rings and street creds within the NFL.

Will the owner pay that money, though.

How much of these losses are the result of mental weakness?

djjimkelly
09-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Good list. Again, the Bills just don't know how to win. The fact there are so many stomach punch games in there from the Jauron era should tell everyone all they need to know about the coaching ability to prepare the team to win close games.

ive been saying this for about 3 years. year one of jauron u could see half way thru the season jauron was a joke

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 10:50 AM
great post. someone else said it, but the proof that Jauron isn't NFL worthy is in the fact that he's blown so many games in the last 3 years.

Somehow, ever since Jacksonville kicked that fieldgoal in the playoffs against us, we've never been the same.