PDA

View Full Version : My take

Mitchell55
09-15-2009, 05:49 PM
The Good

OL- For most of the game, every player did well. Wilfork didnt do anything and the DEs were contained most of the game.

Jackson- Only 15 carries and was still the highlight of the game. Did well on screen plays. I still miss Marshawns power but I think it should be reversed now with Jackson starting and Lynch 2nd.

Whitner- He made a few key stops and the late hit was questionable

Trent- did a good job reading the field and making quick pass to the open player, he also called some good plays and did everything a good QB should do. Stepped up in the pocket, didnt get rattled, took what the defense gave him, and didnt make any bad throws outside of the one to Roscoe.

TEs- Schouman did very well and so did Nelson. I dont pay attention to TE blocking but the made some good receptions.

DL- Realy maintained the LOS and made nice stops. Our DEs did realy well all game. The only problem with the 2nd half was the Pats started snapping the ball realy quickly and making very quick passes. The ball was gone in less than 1 second each time.

Pos- All over the field before they got hurt

AVP- It was the 1st time ive ever seen a bills game where we actually looked like every other NFL team with our PC.

Bad

Bell- He played OK untill the last series where he got rattled. Did a very nice job on run plays though.

WRs- To many drops. All the drops game on some of the best thrown balls ive ever seen trent throw which made it worse.

Kelsay and Denney- The only time the right side did anything was when Maybin was there and Maybin got doubled. Kelsay and Denney need to be released.

Ellison- Horrible job. Gave up 5+ completions to Watson and Baker, and 2 final minute TDs.

McKelvin- the fumble, outside of that did well

Jauron- Not playing Ellis and Johnson hurt us alot. They better play next time.

Notes

Byrd almost looks like hes starting. He played most of the game but it couldve been because of the 5 wide formations.

Nic Harris needs to start. He used to be a FS so we know he can cover and he can hit better than Ellison based off the preseason.

Release Kelsay and Denney, activate Ellis, and sign a DE in FA.

Corner did decent considering he somehow always got pared with welker. About 4 of Welkers catches, Ellison covered him on the play. Also he did excellent vs the screen and looked prepared

Now I was expecting a blowout and for me to stop watching at half time. We lost because of the main weakness on our team, Ellison, and a KR fumble in the final minute. Thats 2 players that should be blamed. Jauron, AVP, Trent, Jackson, Owens, and others should not be blamed. No matter what you say, it was the 1st game of the season and we did very well. We played against a great team and we held them to 1 TD for 55 minutes. The other 2 TDs came against 1 player who should be released. Id say we look very much improved vs last year and we can only get better.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 05:59 PM
only the safeties were good. mckelvin, corner and mcgee gave up crazy yardage, not exactly a stunning performance.

Mitchell55
09-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow, Wolfork. I need to fix that.

Mitchell55
09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
only the safeties were good. mckelvin, corner and mcgee gave up crazy yardage, not exactly a stunning performance.

I dont even know who McKelvin was covering but I know that only Watson, Moss, and Welker did anything. Corner covered Welker and did well, it was when Ellison covered him did things screw up.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
mcgee and mckelvin were alternating coverage on moss

Mitchell55
09-15-2009, 06:07 PM
mcgee and mckelvin were alternating coverage on moss

They were, I never saw McKelvin covering him which may be a good thing. I know I saw McGee on the 2 deep passes to mid field to Moss

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 06:19 PM
You never saw McKelvin covering Moss??? Were you watching the game??? Moss schooled McKelvin with comeback routes and crossing routes, what are you talking about never seen it happen

Mitchell55
09-15-2009, 06:20 PM
You never saw McKelvin covering Moss??? Were you watching the game??? Moss schooled McKelvin with comeback routes and crossing routes, what are you talking about never seen it happen

Oh, I forgot about those. Sorry, i have a horrible memory.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 06:23 PM
its cool man we don't always remember everything from the games. I try to take notes, but it takes away from being emotional and I'm very emotional during the game.

Mudflap1
09-15-2009, 06:31 PM

You could make an argument that what McKelvin was doing really shouldn't be considered "covering Moss".

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 06:34 PM
You could make an argument that what McKelvin was doing really shouldn't be considered "covering Moss".

so true i guess the correct term would be coverage assignment

Mudflap1
09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
so true i guess the correct term would be coverage assignment

:lolcry: