PDA

View Full Version : Our interior line looked real good.

BillsWin
09-15-2009, 07:51 PM
they arent all world. yet. But I just re-watched the game and Wood was finishing his blocks all the way to the ground. If he couldnt pancake you, he'd try to drive you into the secondary. Levitre looked like a pro bowler on the screen plays. He ran down field on a mission and laid some key blocks. and ladies and gentlemen, we finally have a center. Geoff actually had a solo block on Wilfork in the third that was just beautiful, he drove him out of the way and let Fred hit the whole nicely. I don't think we've ever had a center who could block Wilfork one on one before.

There were some mistakes and growing pains, but they looked like they were ready to roll which was very encouraging.

Bell didnt look as bad as some of you said he did last night. He had some mental brain farts with the penalties and had a holding penalty that he almost had to hold or else Edwards would be dead. Butler looked very good. I was surprised. Ive always been a supporter of Butler, but at right guard. I was unsure that he could move back to his original position, but it appears he did so well last night.

Look, its only one game, but there were alot of good things to take away from it.

The Pats averaged 3.2 yards per carry and I think those stats were padded a bit by a few freak plays were they busted one off for 10 yards.

Our pass rush looked dominant in the first half. Kelsay had a solid game which was unexpected from me.

Denney had maybe one good play.

Maybin was alright on some pass rushes, but ran up the field on some too. Growing pains are expected, but he should contribute. Especially with Kelsay's injury he will get more playtime and more experience.

the problem with our pass defense is that the DBs play too soft. there were some passes we could have picked off last night if the CBs were lined up alittle closer. There were also alot of passes we let slip by underneath because our DBs were so far off.

All I can say is that we looked ALOT better than we did in preseason and I am excited for some Bills football.

Lets beat Tampa!!! :jig:

Prov401
09-15-2009, 08:14 PM
they arent all world. yet. But I just re-watched the game and Wood was finishing his blocks all the way to the ground. If he couldnt pancake you, he'd try to drive you into the secondary. Levitre looked like a pro bowler on the screen plays. He ran down field on a mission and laid some key blocks. and ladies and gentlemen, we finally have a center. Geoff actually had a solo block on Wilfork in the third that was just beautiful, he drove him out of the way and let Fred hit the whole nicely. I don't think we've ever had a center who could block Wilfork one on one before.

There were some mistakes and growing pains, but they looked like they were ready to roll which was very encouraging.

Bell didnt look as bad as some of you said he did last night. He had some mental brain farts with the penalties and had a holding penalty that he almost had to hold or else Edwards would be dead. Butler looked very good. I was surprised. Ive always been a supporter of Butler, but at right guard. I was unsure that he could move back to his original position, but it appears he did so well last night.

Look, its only one game, but there were alot of good things to take away from it.

The Pats averaged 3.2 yards per carry and I think those stats were padded a bit by a few freak plays were they busted one off for 10 yards.

Our pass rush looked dominant in the first half. Kelsay had a solid game which was unexpected from me.

Denney had maybe one good play.

Maybin was alright on some pass rushes, but ran up the field on some too. Growing pains are expected, but he should contribute. Especially with Kelsay's injury he will get more playtime and more experience.

the problem with our pass defense is that the DBs play too soft. there were some passes we could have picked off last night if the CBs were lined up alittle closer. There were also alot of passes we let slip by underneath because our DBs were so far off.

All I can say is that we looked ALOT better than we did in preseason and I am excited for some Bills football.

Lets beat Tampa!!! :jig:

Yea, this interior line is hear to stay for sure.

And Tampa is going to get DEMOLISHED this week, JMO.

BillsWin
09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
31-17 Buffalo.