PDA

View Full Version : How do we get letters to McKelvin?

Raptor
09-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Someone in the other thread had a great idea to write McKelvin letters of encouragement to show him that all Bills fans are not some scumbag losers who vandalize property over a freaking football game

So does anyone have the address we can send them to?

casdhf
09-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Send them to OBD, I think all the players get fan (hate) mail.

Meathead
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
just put cementhead on the envelope and the post office will know who to deliver it to

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 09:49 PM
I actually sent my letter ot askmarcus on the Bill site. I am trying to locate Chirs Browns email and see if he would relay it, but I am having trouble finding his email address.

This vandal BS has been a reality check for me, and has pretty much changed my perspective on the loss and my feeling towards any player. A line was crossed. It's more important to me to let the players know that we love our team.

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I found Chris' email

AskChris@bills.nfl.net

Lets turn this negative into a positive.

Meathead
09-16-2009, 05:34 AM
so some jerkoff vandalized a millionares home and youre gonna send him a hello kitty balloon? you gonna offer to kiss his boo boos too?

hey my house was vandalized recently. why dont you save the card and send me the money

the only letter you should send him is a get well and i hope they find your cerebral cortex card

YardRat
09-16-2009, 05:46 AM
For Sale:

Recently acquired Lawn Gnome, slightly damaged (hole in head, and broken hands)

Please pm if interested.

Commissioner
09-16-2009, 05:57 AM
We should get a landscaping crew and go fix his lawn for him.

Dozerdog
09-16-2009, 06:01 AM
We should get a landscaping crew and go fix his lawn for him.
Good idea. Let's plant a bunch of pansies in his yard while we are at it

ddaryl
09-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Wow... I'm shocked.

I did it because the Bills and the players shouldn't feel threatened by fans for playing a game. I did it because the rest of the players on the team took noticed and formed an opinion about Bills fans. I'm sure they know it's one person and not a whole, but I did it because it bothered me that much that one of us fans crossed that line. I don't want to be associated with such fans.

After reading a few commnets here, I think I realize how cold hearted and sad many of us fans have become. Yeah we've had a rough run, but the hateful crap that we spew in our desperate need / desire to be winners has really screwed soem of our judgements.

Peopel twittering players to tell them how much they suck, and calling them out.. All of this is getting rediculous, and millionaire or not they are human. Yeah I tink players should never be available to fans in that way, but it still is unjustifiable IMO.

All it was is a gesture on my part. the guy screwed up... Life goes on... it was just a game. I wanted McKelvin to feel empowered, that after such a game we're still his fans, and maybe it inspires him to play even harder.

I'm just a chump for doing this I guess, at least according to a few of ya's... SO be it..

Who cares if he is a millionaire. This time it was vandalism.. next time it could be some guy waiting in the bushes with a baseball bat... That's where this unchecked anger could lead to...

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2009, 06:45 AM
I wrote something in a comment on Donte Whitner's facebook page. Since he reads that stuff and comments, I felt it would be the quickest way to get a "message" that as a fan I am disgusted with what happened to Leodis. There were already several messages of that sort on his page to tell him that, and I just commented on one of them.

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Wow... I'm shocked.

I did it because the Bills and the players shouldn't feel threatened by fans for playing a game. I did it because the rest of the players on the team took noticed and formed an opinion about Bills fans. I'm sure they know it's one person and not a whole, but I did it because it bothered me that much that one of us fans crossed that line. I don't want to be associated with such fans.

After reading a few commnets here, I think I realize how cold hearted and sad many of us fans have become. Yeah we've had a rough run, but the hateful crap that we spew in our desperate need / desire to be winners has really screwed soem of our judgements.

Peopel twittering players to tell them how much they suck, and calling them out.. All of this is getting rediculous, and millionaire or not they are human. Yeah I tink players should never be available to fans in that way, but it still is unjustifiable IMO.

All it was is a gesture on my part. the guy screwed up... Life goes on... it was just a game. I wanted McKelvin to feel empowered, that after such a game we're still his fans, and maybe it inspires him to play even harder.

I'm just a chump for doing this I guess, at least according to a few of ya's... SO be it..

Who cares if he is a millionaire. This time it was vandalism.. next time it could be some guy waiting in the bushes with a baseball bat... That's where this unchecked anger could lead to...
Some fans are aholes, some just try to be funny (and fall flat) and some are interested in deeper meaning. Who cares? It's not bad to feel bad and want him to know it.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 07:32 AM
so some jerkoff vandalized a millionares home and youre gonna send him a hello kitty balloon? you gonna offer to kiss his boo boos too?

hey my house was vandalized recently. why dont you save the card and send me the money

the only letter you should send him is a get well and i hope they find your cerebral cortex card

Meathead is right. A couple of kids did donuts in his yard. Welcome to life. Based on his interview after the game I'm still not sure he realizes that he lost us the game.

Beastie Bills
09-16-2009, 07:41 AM
We could just spray-paint "Sorry, we didn't mean that. We were just really upset" on his front lawn?

ddaryl
09-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Meathead is right. A couple of kids did donuts in his yard. Welcome to life. Based on his interview after the game I'm still not sure he realizes that he lost us the game.

I agree it wasn't a huge deal, but it wasn't cool either... Players families and children are in these homes, and they don't want to be thinking.. there is some nut job stalking there property because they lost a game or made a bad play.

Add that with the horid things some so willing post ot players twitter pages and I stand by my belief that fans are crossing lines that shouldn't be crossed...

We already have enough trouble convincing top player to come here, we don't need this overzealous hate crap going on anymore..

Thick skinned or not... they are human, and no matter what's on the outside, our words and actions can have both a damaging and healing affect... I just chose to take an opportunity to make sure they/He knew fans like me exist... I bet you he enjoys the letters and it will help heal a wound.

but guys do what you feel is right.. I just think it was a classy thing to do. Screw it, it was a boneheaded play but in the end just a game, and not deservin gof anyone feeling threatened for any reason.

mybills
09-16-2009, 08:17 AM
I'll ask him if the player who grabbed his face mask on that fumble got any boogers while he was at it.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 08:22 AM
I'll ask him if the player who grabbed his face mask on that fumble got any boogers while he was at it.

No excuses. Everyone knew that the pats were going for the strip.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2009, 08:28 AM

Welcome to life????

Life is not having your private property vandalized over a GD football game.That is not life. That is inexcusable. People paint his yard (it was more than donuts) with some comments that are not printable and all you think about is "welcome to life"???

Whether he cost the Bills the game or not (and to blame only him is as dumb as only blaming Norwood for SB XXV), there is no rational reason to think going to a player's home, where his family lives, is a "welcome to life" moment.

What happened is intolerable and is quite possibly going to have more longterm harm to the Bills than Leodis fumbling the ball (running it out was not the issue). Do you think players want to come here more or less if they know fans will trash their homes after a game?

Meathead
09-16-2009, 08:31 AM
ey if he played for philly they would have hung some actual patriots on his lawn

he should be writing us. full page ad: hey sorry for my careless attempt at hero-dom that handed yet another crushing defeat to our arch rival. thank you for not hanging real patriots on my lawn

THATHURMANATOR
09-16-2009, 08:32 AM
We should send one on behalf of the zone with all our signatures or something.

****ING DIRTBAGS GIVING BUFFALO A BAD NAME YET AGAIN.

Meathead
09-16-2009, 08:34 AM
no i dont think even philly fans would actually kill boston fans but they would make them wear those ridiculous redcoat uniforms and tie them up by their underwear with third degree purple nurples and possibly confederate flags sticking out their asses

come to think of it ...

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Good idea. Let's plant a bunch of pansies in his yard while we are at it

You think we should plant Meathead in his front lawn??????

Meathead
09-16-2009, 08:41 AM
We should send one on behalf of the zone with all our signatures or something.
of course im only mostly ok half kidding about hanging real bostonians from their underwear, as fun as that would be

some kind of group acknowledgement of not condoning that is a good idea though

we should make it rhyme too. how bout 'just because youre a melonheaded numbnuts doesnt mean your lawn should get donuts'. eh? eh?

Meathead
09-16-2009, 08:42 AM
You think we should plant Meathead in his front lawn??????
hey god only made one pansy like this baby

wait a sec

mybills
09-16-2009, 09:04 AM
No excuses. Everyone knew that the pats were going for the strip.
Who said it was an excuse? I hope the Pats player DID get boogers on his fingers. :up:

HAMMER
09-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Let's not go overboard with this issue. I don't condone it, but it's only a little paint on some grass. It will be gone in a few days.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Let's not go overboard with this issue. I don't condone it, but it's only a little paint on some grass. It will be gone in a few days.

It is the idea of violating his private property more than the act that is the issue.

paladin warrior
09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Put in his car or Put his the front window sheild. Oh One more thing . Use the red spray paint and spray all over his car .. PUt the sign say "U dummy Moron"

JD
09-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Put in his car or Put his the front window sheild. Oh One more thing . Use the red spray paint and spray all over his car .. PUt the sign say "U dummy Moron"
I missed you. :giggity:

Billz_fan
09-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I would never ever condone what happened to Leodis. Vandalism is very threatening and unsettling to the person it happens to. It's wrong on every level and a sad statement made by so called fans of a football team.

That being said, People get killed in there homes everyday. People get vandalized everyday. People get robbed and raped.

Send letters to the familys of our neighbors who get robbed, vandalized and murdered everyday and then I could begin to rationalize the level of effort being put forth here.

HAMMER
09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
It is the idea of violating his private property more than the act that is the issue.

Would you consider TP'ng someones house or trees vandalism? Would this make you feel violated? I understand how someone would get upset if they spray painted his house.....but some grass? They didn't write anything remotely mean, racist, or profane.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Would you consider TP'ng someones house or trees vandalism? Would this make you feel violated? I understand how someone would get upset if they spray painted his house.....but some grass? They didn't write anything remotely mean, racist, or profane.

I think there is a difference between a random TPing of somebody's house and targeting a guy because of a mistake on the football field. Both are wrong, but one of them indicates something emotionally wrong with a person.

And there was something profane:

The vandalism apparently consisted of the score — 25-24 — and a graphic depiction of the male anatomy scrawled in white paint on McKelvin’s front lawn.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/797092.html?imw=Y

mybills
09-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Maybe they thought Jauron lived there.

Mudflap1
09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm in the "vandalism is never condoned under any circumstances but there are a lot of regular folks out there that have the same thing or worse happen to them everyday with nobody feeling sorry for them, so while a letter saying we're Bills fans and one jerk doesn't speak for the fanbase is a good idea, let's not coddle him too much because he is a multi-millionaire that blew the freakin' game against the one team we always want to beat when we had them dead to rights and he took no accountability afterwards" camp.

Rant and run on sentence... over.