X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I feel bad for Whitner.

The guy is passionate about us winning. I'll give him that. The dude was crying after the game.

That loss had to hurt because it was a win that they basically threw away.

I know alot of you see this as a stepping stone to better days but I think it had the opposite effect. I could be wrong but I've never seen a player cry after a week 1 loss.
  • billser
    • Oct 2007

Re: I feel bad for Whitner.

Say what you will, I cannot hate on someone who is that passionate about winning.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

He's passionate, but I'm just not sure he's that good. Maybe he's being used wrong by the coaches or maybe he just doesn't have it.

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

I cried after some losses in my football career. I think Whitner really loves this team even though there are a lot of fans that hate his guts for stupid reasons. so he hasnt contributed like a top 8 pick yet. he played a pretty good game last night and is a valued member of the Bills team. I really like the kid. I'd love to see him be the next Troy P. and maybe he will be in a year or two, but right now I wouldn't replace him with anyone else we have on the roster.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

I cried after my final high school football game. I lettered in football, baseball, and basketball...but never have I ever been more passionate about a sport than I was playing football. There is just something so different about it. Props to Donte for wearing his heart on his sleeve. These are the athletes on our team that we can be proud of.

Comment

• kid mickey
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            He's passionate, but I'm just not sure he's that good. Maybe he's being used wrong by the coaches or maybe he just doesn't have it.
            If Whitner doesn't have it than no Bills player on the squad has it. Do all you blind fans not listen to the announcers? They see every play from every angle and he was being praised throughout the game. Maybe you as a fan just don't have it.
            Last edited by kid mickey; 09-15-2009, 09:36 PM.
            Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
              I cried after some losses in my football career. I think Whitner really loves this team even though there are a lot of fans that hate his guts for stupid reasons. so he hasnt contributed like a top 8 pick yet. he played a pretty good game last night and is a valued member of the Bills team. I really like the kid. I'd love to see him be the next Troy P. and maybe he will be in a year or two, but right now I wouldn't replace him with anyone else we have on the roster.
              Oh there are plenty of valid reasons to hate his guts.

How about taunting the fans and taking a stupid penalty last night but not actually making any plays? How about all his off-the-field issues? Tackling a guy 8 yards AFTER he enters the endzone? The asinine playoff guarantee?

And that's not even mentioning his lack of production. I am so ****ing sick of Whitner's bull****.

You know what, Donte? We- the fans- are passionate about winning too. The difference is that you're in a position to do something about it and we are not. So quit running your ****ing mouth and getting yourself into trouble, and start showing up on game day. Then you'll get the respect that you think you deserve.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kid mickey
                If Whitner doesn't have it than no Bills player on the squad has it. Do all you blind fans not listen to the announcers? They see every play from every angle and he was being praised throughout the game. Maybe you as a fan just don't have it.
                he made two good tackles in the fourth quarter- it wasn't the whole game. The problem is that some people on this board love to kiss this guy's ass for no apparent reason. They exaggerate everything he does well and completely ignore all the times he takes bad angles, misses tackles or gets knocked the **** out trying to throw a big hit. This guy is just another botched pick by the FO.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsTOfan
                  Also know as "The Popcorn"
                  • Jul 2009

Thaty penalty was retarted. He was finishing a play. He was not hit for a late hit. SPEARING. BS.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Oh there are plenty of valid reasons to hate his guts.

How about taunting the fans and taking a stupid penalty last night but not actually making any plays? How about all his off-the-field issues? Tackling a guy 8 yards AFTER he enters the endzone? The asinine playoff guarantee?

And that's not even mentioning his lack of production. I am so ****ing sick of Whitner's bull****.

You know what, Donte? We- the fans- are passionate about winning too. The difference is that you're in a position to do something about it and we are not. So quit running your ****ing mouth and getting yourself into trouble, and start showing up on game day. Then you'll get the respect that you think you deserve.
                    That penalty last night was weak and any other player you would defend.

And that tackle 8 yards deep was last year - can you please stop bringing it up? It was a bad play.

You hate Whitner. As a person and a player. We get that.

Thing is , he was crying, not about respect or anything like that, but about losing.

You ***** about the lack of emotion on this team and player shows emotion and you ***** about the emotion he shows because he loathe the guy.

And "all of his off the field issues"? C'mon. This guy is not Lynch or some other NFL thug.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                      • Feb 2006

I feel bad for him too. The guy just wants the team to do well and make us happy and people constantly trash him. He wants to win so badly for us that he was crying when we lost and still talked to the media. He played really well last night and took the loss really hard. The people the trash him unmercifully are wrong.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsTOfan
                        Thaty penalty was retarted. He was finishing a play. He was not hit for a late hit. SPEARING. BS.
                        I agree that it was a questionable call, but the refs were making questionable calls against both teams all night. The guy he was tackling was well short of the first down and already wrapped up- all Whitner had to do was push him back. There's no reason to even put yourself in position for a flag in that situation.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kid mickey
                          Kid, you're one of the most unknowledgable fans on this site (when you post here) and your take on what cost the Bills last night was comical. What you say matters to me very little.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

I agree that it was a questionable call, but the refs were making questionable calls against both teams all night. The guy he was tackling was well short of the first down and already wrapped up- all Whitner had to do was push him back. There's no reason to even put yourself in position for a flag in that situation.
                            He was trying to make a big hit and knock the ball out.

I won't knock him for trying to make a big play that we all want out of him.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• kid mickey
                              • Apr 2009

he made two good tackles in the fourth quarter- it wasn't the whole game. The problem is that some people on this board love to kiss this guy's ass for no apparent reason. They exaggerate everything he does well and completely ignore all the times he takes bad angles, misses tackles or gets knocked the **** out trying to throw a big hit. This guy is just another botched pick by the FO.
                              You are a botched fan...I would love for you to point out any bad angle Whitner took towards the ball last night just one OP please show me mention one play. He rarely misses tackles...He plays with emotion...Something that half the damn team doesn't have, but hey keep drinking your hater-ade.
                              Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

Working...
                              X