PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for Whitner.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 09:15 PM
The guy is passionate about us winning. I'll give him that. The dude was crying after the game.

That loss had to hurt because it was a win that they basically threw away.

I know alot of you see this as a stepping stone to better days but I think it had the opposite effect. I could be wrong but I've never seen a player cry after a week 1 loss.

billser
09-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Say what you will, I cannot hate on someone who is that passionate about winning.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 09:17 PM
He's passionate, but I'm just not sure he's that good. Maybe he's being used wrong by the coaches or maybe he just doesn't have it.

BillsWin
09-15-2009, 09:22 PM
I cried after some losses in my football career. I think Whitner really loves this team even though there are a lot of fans that hate his guts for stupid reasons. so he hasnt contributed like a top 8 pick yet. he played a pretty good game last night and is a valued member of the Bills team. I really like the kid. I'd love to see him be the next Troy P. and maybe he will be in a year or two, but right now I wouldn't replace him with anyone else we have on the roster.

T-Long
09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
I cried after my final high school football game. I lettered in football, baseball, and basketball...but never have I ever been more passionate about a sport than I was playing football. There is just something so different about it. Props to Donte for wearing his heart on his sleeve. These are the athletes on our team that we can be proud of.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 09:35 PM
He's passionate, but I'm just not sure he's that good. Maybe he's being used wrong by the coaches or maybe he just doesn't have it.
If Whitner doesn't have it than no Bills player on the squad has it. Do all you blind fans not listen to the announcers? They see every play from every angle and he was being praised throughout the game. Maybe you as a fan just don't have it.

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
I cried after some losses in my football career. I think Whitner really loves this team even though there are a lot of fans that hate his guts for stupid reasons. so he hasnt contributed like a top 8 pick yet. he played a pretty good game last night and is a valued member of the Bills team. I really like the kid. I'd love to see him be the next Troy P. and maybe he will be in a year or two, but right now I wouldn't replace him with anyone else we have on the roster.

Oh there are plenty of valid reasons to hate his guts.

How about taunting the fans and taking a stupid penalty last night but not actually making any plays? How about all his off-the-field issues? Tackling a guy 8 yards AFTER he enters the endzone? The asinine playoff guarantee?

And that's not even mentioning his lack of production. I am so ****ing sick of Whitner's bull****.

You know what, Donte? We- the fans- are passionate about winning too. The difference is that you're in a position to do something about it and we are not. So quit running your ****ing mouth and getting yourself into trouble, and start showing up on game day. Then you'll get the respect that you think you deserve.

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 09:39 PM
If Whitner doesn't have it than no Bills player on the squad has it. Do all you blind fans not listen to the announcers? They see every play from every angle and he was being praised throughout the game. Maybe you as a fan just don't have it.

he made two good tackles in the fourth quarter- it wasn't the whole game. The problem is that some people on this board love to kiss this guy's ass for no apparent reason. They exaggerate everything he does well and completely ignore all the times he takes bad angles, misses tackles or gets knocked the **** out trying to throw a big hit. This guy is just another botched pick by the FO.

billsTOfan
09-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Thaty penalty was retarted. He was finishing a play. He was not hit for a late hit. SPEARING. BS.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2009, 09:40 PM

How about taunting the fans and taking a stupid penalty last night but not actually making any plays? How about all his off-the-field issues? Tackling a guy 8 yards AFTER he enters the endzone? The asinine playoff guarantee?

And that's not even mentioning his lack of production. I am so ****ing sick of Whitner's bull****.

You know what, Donte? We- the fans- are passionate about winning too. The difference is that you're in a position to do something about it and we are not. So quit running your ****ing mouth and getting yourself into trouble, and start showing up on game day. Then you'll get the respect that you think you deserve.

That penalty last night was weak and any other player you would defend.

And that tackle 8 yards deep was last year - can you please stop bringing it up? It was a bad play.

You hate Whitner. As a person and a player. We get that.

Thing is , he was crying, not about respect or anything like that, but about losing.

You ***** about the lack of emotion on this team and player shows emotion and you ***** about the emotion he shows because he loathe the guy.

And "all of his off the field issues"? C'mon. This guy is not Lynch or some other NFL thug.

Buffalogic
09-15-2009, 09:40 PM
I feel bad for him too. The guy just wants the team to do well and make us happy and people constantly trash him. He wants to win so badly for us that he was crying when we lost and still talked to the media. He played really well last night and took the loss really hard. The people the trash him unmercifully are wrong.

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Thaty penalty was retarted. He was finishing a play. He was not hit for a late hit. SPEARING. BS.

I agree that it was a questionable call, but the refs were making questionable calls against both teams all night. The guy he was tackling was well short of the first down and already wrapped up- all Whitner had to do was push him back. There's no reason to even put yourself in position for a flag in that situation.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 09:41 PM

Kid, you're one of the most unknowledgable fans on this site (when you post here) and your take on what cost the Bills last night was comical. What you say matters to me very little.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I agree that it was a questionable call, but the refs were making questionable calls against both teams all night. The guy he was tackling was well short of the first down and already wrapped up- all Whitner had to do was push him back. There's no reason to even put yourself in position for a flag in that situation.

He was trying to make a big hit and knock the ball out.

I won't knock him for trying to make a big play that we all want out of him.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
he made two good tackles in the fourth quarter- it wasn't the whole game. The problem is that some people on this board love to kiss this guy's ass for no apparent reason. They exaggerate everything he does well and completely ignore all the times he takes bad angles, misses tackles or gets knocked the **** out trying to throw a big hit. This guy is just another botched pick by the FO.

You are a botched fan...I would love for you to point out any bad angle Whitner took towards the ball last night just one OP please show me mention one play. He rarely misses tackles...He plays with emotion...Something that half the damn team doesn't have, but hey keep drinking your hater-ade.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Kid, you're one of the most unknowledgable fans on this site (when you post here) and your take on what cost the Bills last night was comical. What you say matters to me very little.
right!!!:roflmao:

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 09:45 PM
He was trying to make a big hit and knock the ball out.

I won't knock him for trying to make a big play that we all want out of him.

I'll knock him for trying. I'll stop knocking him when he starts succeeding.

This is exactly the problem with the guy- he goes for a big play, and gets a penalty instead. Just once, I want to see him go for a big play and MAKE a big play. But for some reason, the rest of you think that's too much to ask.

billsTOfan
09-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Nighthawk, you come off pompous all the time and a know it all. Everyone has a right to put views out there. Ignore it, if you don't like it.

Nobody cares.

Whitner has had some bad games. I agree, but I thought he played well last night. This is the Patriot Pass attack not some Buccs squad. He played good.

Ellison and Bell well...

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 09:47 PM

This is exactly the problem with the guy- he goes for a big play, and gets a penalty instead. Just once, I want to see him go for a big play and MAKE a big play. But for some reason, the rest of you think that's too much to ask.

Whitner isn't as bad as people make him out to be, but the problem is that he just isn't that BIG playmaker that we all would love back there.

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
You are a botched fan...I would love for you to point out any bad angle Whitner took towards the ball last night just one OP please show me mention one play. He rarely misses tackles...He plays with emotion...Something that half the damn team doesn't have, but hey keep drinking your hater-ade.

he rarely misses tackles or takes bad angles? Go watch the Giants game from the end of 07 and watch him do it all afternoon. Go watch the Ravens game from 07 and watch McGahee blow right by him on a bad angle to the ball. There are PLENTY of other examples (more recent too) but those are the ones that stand out in my mind.

If you honestly think Whitner never takes bad angles, you just don't know that much about football.

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Nighthawk, you come off pompous all the time and a know it all. Everyone has a right to put views out there. Ignore it, if you don't like it.

Nobody cares.

Whitner has had some bad games. I agree, but I thought he played well last night. This is the Patriot Pass attack not some Buccs squad. He played good.

Ellison and Bell well...

Thank you. I appreciate that compliment.

For the record...attack me and expect it back...anybody on here who's been here awhile knows that's how it works with me. Show me respect and I return the favor. Be an ass and you're going to get it back from me 110%.

OpIv37
Whitner isn't as bas as people make him out to be, but the problem is that he just isn't that BIG playmaker that we desperately need back there and were hoping he would be when the Bills spent a #8 overall pick on him.

I fixed it for you.

billsTOfan

I've read you knock POZ for that same reason. You can't have it both ways. i've read you say Poz makes the tackles, but doesn't make the big plays, not a game changer. So you rip whitner for trying to make Big plays?

justasportsfan
09-15-2009, 09:53 PM

WHITNER! WHITNER! WHITNER!!!!!!

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh okay so were not even talking last year, were talking his second year as a pro? And you mention a couple plays here and there. Yup your a hater...It's funny how he's never challenged in coverage. It's funny how coaches praise his play...It's funny how announcers in the game praise his play...It's funny how he always seems to be around the ball...It's funny how incredible his range is...Like I said before keep drinking your hater-ade...

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 09:57 PM
I've read you knock POZ for that same reason. You can't have it both ways. i've read you say Poz makes the tackles, but doesn't make the big plays, not a game changer. So you rip whitner for trying to make Big plays?

First, you've only been here since 2009 and I haven't criticized Poz at all this season. In fact I thought he looked great in preseason. If I said anything bad about him, it's that he doesn't move his hips well and would be better on the outside, but that's it. I may have said something like that last year- I don't recall- but unless you were cyber-stalking me via my old posts, how would you know?

Second, I'm not ripping him for trying- I'm ripping him for not succeeding. There are 3 possible outcomes: 1. Go for the safe play. 2. Go for the big play and make it. 3. Go for the big play and miss it.

Whitner managed to do the only bad one out of the three. Typical.

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
I think that those who have twittered hate ful messages are crossng a line, and football players or not these guys where there emotions on their sleeves.

We all have strong opinions, but they should be shared with the players, it's counter productive

that being said Palyers who make themselves avaialble to the fans are opening themselves up for abuse from fans that do not realize how what they say can really sting.

SOme are thick skinned, but if it was me and I thoguht the fans hated me it would tear me up inside

Lexwhat
09-15-2009, 10:08 PM
As much as I have blasted Whitner, I hope like hell he plays his heart out this season. He's still a Bill and therefore I hope he succeeds.

He has all the physical tools, and is passionate about winning. Nevertheless, I can't really explain why his play has always been mediocre. Maybe the mental aspect just isn't there.

If he improves this season, all is forgiven. This year is kind of a make-or-break season for him.