PDA

View Full Version : The NY JETS have the best defense in AFC EAST

billsTOfan
09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
The pats defense has more holes in it than my underwear.

Even on 1 week notice, the no huddle offense had some success versus it.

The secondary isn't good and the pass rush is mediocre.

And if Mayo is still out they are ****ed versus the upper echelon teams in NFL. A mediocre team with lots of energy and fight gave them a fight till the end. They won't beat ELITE TEAMS like that.

The jets secondary and DL is far better. Far.

In closing Buffalo has a shot at the division and WC also. But the Jets got the best defense in division.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Dude its week one let it go.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Who'd they play again? Oh right Houston, I'd wait to make that call until mid-season.

Lexwhat
09-15-2009, 10:11 PM
1. The Patriots, by far, have the best Offense in the division. Certainly Top 3 in the league. You can't downplay them after 1 game.

2. You need new underwear.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 10:17 PM
1. The Patriots, by far, have the best Offense in the division. Certainly Top 3 in the league. You can't downplay them after 1 game.

2. You need new underwear.

Pats moved the ball last night, but didn't score that much...I'm on the fence on who takes this division this year...And who's best on offense or defense...

Lexwhat
09-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Pats moved the ball last night, but didn't score that much...I'm on the fence on who takes this division this year...And who's best on offense or defense...

Tom Brady hasen't played in a year. You could tell that he was a bit apprehensive, and his timing wasn't quite right early in the game.

I think we should wait a few games before we downplay their Offense. Their Offense is loaded with talent.

The argument over best Defense in the division is debatable. But do you really think anyone in the AFC even comes close to the Patriots Offense? Maybe the Colts, but probably not this year.

Brady threw for almost 400 yards last night. It wasn't luck that the Patriots scored 2 touchdowns that quickly either.

BillsWin
09-15-2009, 10:29 PM
If we could have sustained our defensive play from the first half all game the Bills would have the better defense IMO...

psubills62
09-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Tom Brady hasen't played in a year. You could tell that he was a bit apprehensive, and his timing wasn't quite right early in the game.

I think we should wait a few games before we downplay their Offense. Their Offense is loaded with talent.

The argument over best Defense in the division is debatable. But do you really think anyone in the AFC even comes close to the Patriots Offense? Maybe the Colts, but probably not this year.

Brady threw for almost 400 yards last night. It wasn't luck that the Patriots scored 2 touchdowns that quickly either.

The thing is, Brady gets a great-looking statline but almost ALL of his throws were underneath. It just really helps to have guys like Welker and Moss who can get YAC. Most any QB will get over 350 yards when they have 50 passing attempts. Edwards had 25 attempts and 212 yards...so what does that tell you about if Edwards had tried throwing it 50 times?

Lexwhat
09-15-2009, 10:58 PM
The thing is, Brady gets a great-looking statline but almost ALL of his throws were underneath. It just really helps to have guys like Welker and Moss who can get YAC. Most any QB will get over 350 yards when they have 50 passing attempts. Edwards had 25 attempts and 212 yards...so what does that tell you about if Edwards had tried throwing it 50 times?

Well, I won't argue that. Agreed -- stats don't always tell the whole story.

But my main point was that the Patriots Offense is loaded with talent. Kid Mickey said he's on the fence over who has the best Offense in the division. I don't think it's even close.

In good conscience, the only team that might have a better overall Offense than the Patriots (in terms of point production and play-making ability) is the Saints. Not the Cardinals, not the Cowboys, not the Chargers, etc. The Colts may have been at one point, but I don't feel like that will be the case this season.

psubills62
09-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, I won't argue that. Agreed -- stats don't always tell the whole story.

But my main point was that the Patriots Offense is loaded with talent. Kid Mickey said he's on the fence over who has the best Offense in the division. I don't think it's even close.

In good conscience, the only team that might have a better overall Offense than the Patriots (in terms of point production and play-making ability) is the Saints. Not the Cardinals, not the Cowboys, not the Chargers, etc. The Colts may have been at one point, but I don't feel like that will be the case this season.

They've definitely got a ton of playmakers. It says something when Joey Galloway is the 5th option at best in the passing game. The good thing is that we have a decent number of playmakers on offense too, especially when Lynch gets back.

I think the Colts still have a lot of very good skill players. The problem for them is that a lot of their receivers are young and can't stay healthy. They could contend if they stay together as a unit for a year (which they should). The Patriots are good, but I'd like to see them go up against a really good pressure defense (e.g. Pittsburgh). Buffalo got a lot of hits on Brady, but until he sees pressure AND the underneath throws taken away by an aggressive D, we won't truly see what he's capable of after injury.

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm on the fence because this is the year. I think the Pats dynasty is coming to a close honestly. Might not be this year, but you can't stay on top forever. Buffalo had Keith Ellison covering Watson for those TD's. That's a major mismatch on the second one Buffalo actually put Byrd back there to try and cover the play, but he looked lost. They should have had Whitner covering the mid-zone instead of Byrd. Buffalo did not press the Pat's receivers either. There wasn't a whole lot of jamming at the los and they basically gave Brady all day to pass so, yeah you can tear a team apart when you give a QB time. Blitz Brady like the Giant's and then you will see just how great Tom Terrific really is.

billsTOfan
09-16-2009, 12:40 AM
The thread had nothing to do with Offense.

I was stating who has the best defense. Have you seen the chaos Jenkins causes? Also Harris is everywhere. And they have the best corners and safeties in division. And a great defensive coach.

I still think buffalo is better than the Jets. There offense isn't anything to get scared about.

IAG
09-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Miami will have the best defense by the end of the season.