• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Right here is where the FO fails us.

Every year we have injuries, and our opponents simply start exploiting the replacements.

I have said for many years that our backups need to be improved. We shouldnt have UDFA's as our primary backups... they should be parctice squaders. We should be following the Pats and others who bring in long in the tooth vets who can play solid in a pinch or rotate in to spell our starters. We should be strong as far as our starters AND our backups, because injuries happen.

We all like the UDFA's and rookies. But, here in Buffalo, these guys end up starting before they are ready due to injury and our opponents pick on them.

We traded Peters, cut Dockery, and cut Walker. Thats around 10-18 mill back in our pocket in cap money (Peters was like 3.5, Walker and Dock were 7).

In my mind we didnt spend that much in FA, and we had the cap bump up. So, we should have plenty of money even with cash to crap.

Poz went down and will be out for 4-6 weeks. Buggs is as green as the hills. We already are weak with Ellison and Mitchell is coming off a bad game vs. the Pats.

You know every opponent will be picking on Buggs.

Will our FO take a step to make us better and add a quality LB? I think we all know better. "We like our guys" will be the motto.

Even if we pay big money for Brooks, we can move someone with much more experience inside, and when Poz comes back bench the youngster or even Brooks.

Right here, right now, we still can make ourselves stronger and cover the gaping hole that opponents will be picking on.

The FO has a chance to help us win right now by adding someone that can start at LB. Its whats needed and our opponents know it. I will hope for the best, but I expect us to do nothing.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Right here is where the FO fails us.

I don't disagree with your basic premise, but I'm not sure that Brooks can still play.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

The Bills will do nothing. Buggs to start.

Comment

• cocamide
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I don't disagree with your basic premise, but I'm not sure that Brooks can still play.
        Seeing all other thirty-one teams, including Chicago who lost Urlacher, pass on him leads me to believe the same thing.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
          Senior Zoner
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          The Bills will do nothing. Buggs to start.
          You're probably right.

I don't think I want Brooks. If the Bears won't sign him (and they have a glaring need, and his former coach), then he must be done.

But we need somebody. Our LB depth cost us that game.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
            Every year we have injuries, and our opponents simply start exploiting the replacements.

I have said for many years that our backups need to be improved. We shouldnt have UDFA's as our primary backups... they should be parctice squaders. We should be following the Pats and others who bring in long in the tooth vets who can play solid in a pinch or rotate in to spell our starters. We should be strong as far as our starters AND our backups, because injuries happen.

We all like the UDFA's and rookies. But, here in Buffalo, these guys end up starting before they are ready due to injury and our opponents pick on them.

We traded Peters, cut Dockery, and cut Walker. Thats around 10-18 mill back in our pocket in cap money (Peters was like 3.5, Walker and Dock were 7).

In my mind we didnt spend that much in FA, and we had the cap bump up. So, we should have plenty of money even with cash to crap.

Poz went down and will be out for 4-6 weeks. Buggs is as green as the hills. We already are weak with Ellison and Mitchell is coming off a bad game vs. the Pats.

You know every opponent will be picking on Buggs.

Will our FO take a step to make us better and add a quality LB? I think we all know better. "We like our guys" will be the motto.

Even if we pay big money for Brooks, we can move someone with much more experience inside, and when Poz comes back bench the youngster or even Brooks.

Right here, right now, we still can make ourselves stronger and cover the gaping hole that opponents will be picking on.

The FO has a chance to help us win right now by adding someone that can start at LB. Its whats needed and our opponents know it. I will hope for the best, but I expect us to do nothing.
            This is a league wide issue, not just with the Bills. If your starter goes down, in most cases the backups aren't as good.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
              They traded Peters, cut Dockery, and cut Walker. Thats around 10-18 mill back in the Old Fart's pocket in cap money (Peters was like 3.5, Walker and Dock were 7).

fixed.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                The Bills will do nothing.

i think you're right. the Old Fart doesn't want to spend the money. he'd rather pocket it and screw the fans.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

If we're using the Colts LBs as an example, we'll always have scrubs for LBs. C2 puts premium on DL and S. LBs are bums. Looks like we fit the mold.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                    My IQ Test results came back negative
                    • Oct 2002

The pats backups are good? Name some of those.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

EE you nailed it. we just don't have a good enough conditioned team. Each year we fight the injury bug. Other teams don't go through this to the extent we do. Each year by week 5 we are sucking on wind with no name backups.

And to be fair, in some starter positions we are already running backups (denney, kelsay, ellison, Hangartner, Bell, Levitre, roscoe, reed, Edwards(possibly))

This team's issues have been discussed a lot for the last ten years and FO is one constant, another has been that rusty jones has been gone for a while.
                      So their backups are even worse.

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        EE you nailed it. we just don't have a good enough conditioned team. Each year we fight the injury bug. Other teams don't go through this to the extent we do. Each year by week 5 we are sucking on wind with no name backups.

And to be fair, in some starter positions we are already running backups (denney, kelsay, ellison, Hangartner, Bell, Levitre, roscoe, reed, Edwards(possibly))

This team's issues have been discussed a lot for the last ten years and FO is one constant, another has been that rusty jones has been gone for a while.
                        Amazing. Do you actually watch the games? With the exception of Roscoe Parrish, every name you listed played pretty well. Denney is a back up, so you can take him off the list of starters.

This hatred of the Bills players has to stop at some point. It makes message boards like this one boring.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                          My IQ Test results came back negative
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff
                          Amazing. Do you actually watch the games? With the exception of Roscoe Parrish, every name you listed played pretty well. Denney is a back up, so you can take him off the list of starters.

This hatred of the Bills players has to stop at some point. It makes message boards like this one boring.

Dont worry Trap EE SF OP and a few others arent really bills fans. They have nothing better to do then piss everyone off on a teams MB there not even a fan of.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff

You are 100% right. I should only take the latest results and throw away the years of poor play.

This isn't hatred. this is a fair assessment. People who have to make a fair assessment of the team will side with me on this. And Denney is going to play more with kelsay gone and is essentially the same guy in my mind.

Surely the fans with blinders on can jump up and down that we played half of the game very well, but didn't put the final punch on them early with penalties and drops....but the team took injuries and the team got worse at the end. These are hallmarks of the bills. Hate on me all you want, but its the team that isn't up to snuff. not its fans.

Comment

• cocamide
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus

Out of all the recurring themes that pop up on this board in every single thread (Ralph is cheap, the FO sucks, Jauron needs to be fired, etc.) the "we are injury prone" is by far the worst. If you can show me some facts to support this statement, then I'll admit I'm wrong. For now, here's my evidence to the contrary:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

If by week 5 we have significantly more injuries than everyone else, then you are right and I am wrong. (Even though one year's worth of injury reports isn't enough to say a team is or is not conditioned properly.)
                              Last edited by cocamide; 09-16-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X