PDA

View Full Version : Jets are going to be 2-0.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 07:42 AM
I think the Jets are going to spank the Pats. The Jets are for real.

The AFC East and NFC East are two tough divisions.

Beastie Bills
09-16-2009, 07:44 AM
I agree. The Jets defense is sick, and their offense is a little better than I expected.

I think they'll beat the Pats by 10-13 points.

Static
09-16-2009, 07:45 AM
The pats will confuse Sanchez, I think it will be a easier victory for the pats

Commissioner
09-16-2009, 07:56 AM
I can't see Belichick letting a rookie have his way.... I think Sanchez is going to have a "Welcome to the NFL" type game.

WeAreArthurMoates
09-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry but the Jets will lose and lose big. And that's what Im hoping for.

realdealryan
09-16-2009, 08:10 AM
I think the Jets are going to spank the Pats. The Jets are for real.

I'm reserving judgment until they play a team that ISN'T the Texans.

casdhf
09-16-2009, 08:15 AM
The Bills are going to be 1-1. What's your point?

psubills62
09-16-2009, 08:17 AM
This will be an interesting matchup. The Patriots have a much more talented defense than the Texans. However, they weren't as strong against the run as I expected. If the Jets just pound the ball, they could end up being very successful at both scoring points and keeping Brady off the field.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Brady is the one guy that can tear the Jets' defense up. Remember, the Jets will be missing one of their better pass-rushers in Calvin Pace.

Michael82
09-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Sorry...but this is the week that Sanchez will show everyone he's just a rookie. The Patriots will fluster and confuse the hell out of him!

cocamide
09-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Sorry but the Jets will lose and lose big. And that's what Im hoping for.

As much as I hate the Pats, I'd like to see them spank the Jets. Our only chance at the playoffs is a wildcard, so we need all non-divisional leaders to do as poorly as possible. Plus, I'm sick of hearing about Sanchez and how great he is.

Ickybaluky
09-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks. Now I don't have to watch the game. I guess I'll mow my lawn or something.

Are you going to bet the Jets and take the 5 points? Maybe you can make up your losses after betting the most money you have ever bet last week on the Pats to cover the 10 points in your lock of week 1.

mybills
09-16-2009, 09:28 AM
In my opinion...

Jets D = Pats O
Pats D = Jets O especially with Mayo out.

It'll be a good close game. By close, I mean up to a 7 point difference.

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 09:35 AM
i'm not particularlly worried about the jets until week 6. They can win all their games, lose all their games, or have a mix until then.

Here is the thing about the AFC East.

1. Everyone but miami looked competent.
2. anyone of those 3 teams could win the division
3. Patriots looked shaky early, stronger as the game wore on. That is a good seasonal trend to have
4. Bills looked strong early and shaky as the game continued. That is a dangerous season trend to show.
5. Jets looked average. They played a bad, bad texans offense and didn't exactly blow them away on the scoreboard.
6. Jets have false modesty. That could hurt them
7. Patriots have history and leadership.
8. Bills are badly wounded emotionally, but have the comforts of home and a bad opponent on the schedule.

If i had to guess at the outcomes based after week 1

1. PAtriots - 12-4
2. Jets 7-9
3. Bills 5-11
4. Miami 3-13

BillsOwnAll
09-16-2009, 09:39 AM
i'm not particularlly worried about the jets until week 6. They can win all their games, lose all their games, or have a mix until then.

3. Patriots looked shaky early, stronger as the game wore on. That is a good seasonal trend to have
4. Bills looked strong early and shaky as the game continued. That is a dangerous season trend to show.
5. Jets looked average. They played a bad, bad texans offense and didn't exactly blow them away on the scoreboard.
8. Bills are badly wounded emotionally, but have the comforts of home and a bad opponent on the schedule.

1. PAtriots - 12-4
2. Jets 7-9
3. Bills 5-11
4. Miami 3-13

You say...anyone can win the divison. Then you say pats win by 5 games. :wtf:

Pinkerton Security
09-16-2009, 09:47 AM

1. PAtriots - 12-4
2. Jets 7-9
3. Bills 5-11
4. Miami 3-13

I dont think the Phins are a only 3 win team...it takes a pretty poor team to only win 3 games. I think its gonna shape up similarly to last year, with most of the teams being kinda bunched together. I'd say Pats in 1st and have the Bills, Jets and Phins all between 6 wins and 9 wins

casdhf
09-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I think they'll all end up 8-8.

kid mickey
09-16-2009, 10:34 AM
The Jets aren't going to win this game, in fact I fully expect the Pats to destroy the Jets. Buffalo is the team that needs to come out and prove that the game they played against the Pats wasn't a fluke. Buffalo should be 1-1 Pats will be 2-0 and Jets will be 1-1. Miami isn't bad either they just might start off slow, but for some reason I think everyone in the division finishes 7-9 or better

Patriots 11-5
Bills 10-6
Jets 8-8
Dolphins 7-9

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 10:42 AM
of those three teams, it's open to the complexities of injuries, blind luck, and other hard to determine season events. I can't predict those.

Without taking those things into account, i'd guess that the pats keep getting stronger as the season wears on. I'd guess that the jets have rookie mistakes and that the NY media tears down Sanchez because let's face it, there is simply no way he can meet their expectations the entire season.

the bills are most likley going to follow Jauron's early exit. If they blow this bucs game, and i think we all know that they have that in them. How often, even back to the superbowl days, do we recall the bills playing down to a bad opponents level? That KC game was teh first game in a while where I saw us beat a bad team thoroughly. I know people will disagree with me, but the season rests on thsi bucs game. if they play well, then the sesaon is salvagable until Jauron strikes again. If they lose, it's over. Especially if its close, especially if there are stupid mistakes that we've seen over and over. If the boo birds come out in force during this home game, jauron and the team will be in full implosion.

On the flip side, if they win convincingly and make it seem like they are over teh NE game, over the Mckelvin home incident, and hold their ground and keep showing that they have a good game plan on offense on a weekly basis, and can come out healthy after the game, then we could do well. I find it unlikely that a Jauron led team develops consistency and make a good run, but they could go 11-5 under the right circumstance. Howver, i don't see those circumstances showing themselves.

yordad
09-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Pats- 12-4
Jets 7-9
Bills 7-9
fin 7-9

The Juice Is Loose
09-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Pats- 12-4
Jets 7-9
Bills 7-9
fin 7-9

So then should all 3 7-9 coaches get fired?

I'm just pulling your guys legs. I think it looks like this:

I think we Split with the Pats, split with the Jets (each winning road games) and I think we sweep the Phins.

I think the Pats sweep the Phins, Split the Jets and Split the Bills

I think the Phins get Swept by Us, NE but pulls one over on the Jets

I think the records are going to look like this, with us fighting the Jets till the very end.

New England 12-4
Buffalo 10-6
New York 9-7
Miami 6-10.

I think all of the AFC East Teams have an easy time with the NFC South, out of the 16 games I bet our division wins at least 12.

We also all play the AFC South, (Colts, Jags, Titans, and Chiefs)...That is another division the AFCE will man handle. The Titans and Colts are the only threats, but I feel that we have a good chance to be Indy as its super late in the Season, Peyton may rest and its our final home game (cold).

I still think we go 10-6 and get a wildcard.

psubills62
09-16-2009, 02:33 PM

1. PAtriots - 12-4
2. Jets 7-9
3. Bills 5-11
4. Miami 3-13

Not as shaky as usual, though. I was really, really surprised by the fact that they drove down and got a TD to go up by 11 in the fourth quarter. Usually at that point the Bills are just hanging on for dear life.

It's true, our defense didn't look very good. The statline is horrid, but I think the D played better than the statline suggests, especially considering how long they were on the field. If our offense can consistently sustain drives then we'll be much better off.

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
i never bought into miami's 11-5 season last year. it was an anomoly and they nicely covered all their warts last year. They still have those warts for the most part and i think teams will bang away at them and their old D.

Jets i think are a wildcard. they could just be the jets and torturing their fan base. they could legimiately be good, but my money is on the fact that Sanchez won't be able to deal with 16 weeks of constant NYC scrutiny.

if the bills can scheme better in the second half of games, i think they could win a handful of games. but that's a lot to ask from a coach who never hsa outcoached another coach in the second half.