PDA

View Full Version : Film Session: Game Review

patmoran2006
09-16-2009, 10:07 AM
After each Buffalo Bills regular season game, we’ll do a film review session in which we look back at the game to pick out some minor details that we may have missed while watching the games live. This is your film session for the Bills’ 25-24 Monday Night Football loss to the New England Patriots. READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/film-session-monday-night-football/)

justasportsfan
09-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey PAt, do us a favor and see how the refs spotted the ball especially where I think they spotted the ball 1-2 yards further to give the pats a 1st down late in the game.

Thanks.

MikeInRoch
09-16-2009, 10:19 AM
While that was certainly infuriating, that spot was largely irrelevant. The next play would have been a first down easily anyway.

Boomstick
09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey PAt, do us a favor and see how the refs spotted the ball especially where I think they spotted the ball 1-2 yards further to give the pats a 1st down late in the game.

Thanks.
Yeah, this... I know it may not have changed the outcome of this game in the least, but wow did that piss me off when I saw it. I was curious as to how far they missed the spot on that play.

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Now there is no surprise that the NFL threw away the cheating video tapes. They're in it together with them. Any other team that didn't have such finnicky fans would have been taken to task for spy gate. And they wouldn't let that trade back into the first round stand.

But here the NFL and the patriots are hand in hand as complete douchebags.

justasportsfan
09-16-2009, 10:36 AM
While that was certainly infuriating, that spot was largely irrelevant. The next play would have been a first down easily anyway.

like 4th and inches would've been a first down for sure? I know it's not going to change a thing but it's for us to know whether Dicks replay review team still sucks.

Boomstick
09-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Now there is no surprise that the NFL threw away the cheating video tapes. They're in it together with them. Any other team that didn't have such finnicky fans would have been taken to task for spy gate. And they wouldn't let that trade back into the first round stand.

But here the NFL and the patriots are hand in hand as complete douchebags.

Yep, I agree here. The NFL is the water bottle and the Pats are the vinegar and water.

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 11:12 AM
This post also raises a point, Why do the networks only show the side "tecmo bowl" angle? Haven't fan's gotten smarter with the game, and more in desire of a constant Madden cam, so that you can see the receivers and what not?

Film analysis or game analysis is hard from our regular TV's without a proper view of the play. That's why i like going to the games so much. You actually see the whole field. Just staring at the line of scrimmage isn't really good enough.

Is there any desire from fans to see the Madden cam over the tecmo bowl cam?

Boomstick
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
This post also raises a point, Why do the networks only show the side "tecmo bowl" angle? Haven't fan's gotten smarter with the game, and more in desire of a constant Madden cam, so that you can see the receivers and what not?

Film analysis or game analysis is hard from our regular TV's without a proper view of the play. That's why i like going to the games so much. You actually see the whole field. Just staring at the line of scrimmage isn't really good enough.

Is there any desire from fans to see the Madden cam over the tecmo bowl cam?

I think the real hardcore fans would love a more wide view, like madden. But I think they don't change it because they fear it would turn some casual fans away. Most dont like change.
Personally I would love to see the change in the camera angle. Of course we would be able to see all the non calls with PI, or Illegal contact with receivers more and I don't think the league would ever allow that!

Funny you mentioned tecmo bowl though, I just played me a quick game an hour ago, (I love vacation). Thurman Thomas is the greatest player ever!

patmoran2006
09-16-2009, 11:36 AM
i'll tell you, I didnt agree at first look with the author (Brian Galliford). But after rewatching the game.. He was right about Brad Butler; he didnt look very good at all..

The interior OL was spectacular, IMO

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
You can see all that stuff already when you go to the games. and they have the back cameras for monday night...i don't know why they don't test and see what the reaction is for a full game shown like that.

i think casual football fans don't get it anymore from the sideangle. it just seems like a really outdated way of presenting the game. It was set up that way when games were so run oriented in the 50s-60s. Now its more pass happy. They should look into it.

Dujek
09-16-2009, 11:48 AM
i'll tell you, I didnt agree at first look with the author (Brian Galliford). But after rewatching the game.. He was right about Brad Butler; he didnt look very good at all..

The interior OL was spectacular, IMO

The interior OL was fantastic up until the final drive, then it got completely overloaded, but neither Levitre nor Wood looked like rookies at any stage.

Boomstick
09-16-2009, 11:56 AM
The interior OL was fantastic up until the final drive, then it got completely overloaded, but neither Levitre nor Wood looked like rookies at any stage.

I know its only game 1, but this statement is very true and has me very excited for the future.

patmoran2006
09-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Hangartner has gotten very little talk about Monday, and he did very well for himself.

Pinkerton Security
09-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Hangartner has gotten very little talk about Monday, and he did very well for himself.

Against a force of a a nosetackle, too.

ddaryl
09-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Can you dig into Fewells "cushion" pass D... See if there is a real difference between how they were playing pass D in the 1st half compared top the 2nd half.

I really feel that we are misuing our DB talent and giving way way to much respect to the other teams WR's.. It kills us

The Juice Is Loose
09-16-2009, 12:25 PM

we had 2 big 4th down stops and 2 big 3rd down stops so i feel thats a little assumptive with as many passes as the pats dropped.

their run game was nothing all night.

i wouldn't call it a given. i'll agree that they had the percentages on their side but no yard is irrelevent esp when it means a new set of downs.

ddaryl
09-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I noticed you callef out Butler as being ineffective on the bull rush..

which is why the Bills must be pursuing Runyan...

The Juice Is Loose
09-16-2009, 12:29 PM

This is the best line we've had in 10 years, hands down. I can see that Butler may have struggled some, but considering it was in his first game at T vs. playing 2 years at G, you've got to give him some benefit of the doubt.

THe thing that amazes me, is that it's not like the Pats didn't know we had a reshuffled offensive line. Usually they would stack the line and run stunts and blitzes out the ying-yang. This game, I don't feel they did it and I have to attribute that to the TO factor.

Why else wouldn't they have crowded the LOS with such a young line.

I think TO helps this team more than we even know.