PDA

View Full Version : Calling out Kawika Mitchell

bigbub2352
09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
With Poz out, we need our highest paid and most outspoken LBer to step up his game
i am sick of watching him get engulfed by blockers and not make plays like he did in the NE game monday night
Mitchell should be moved to the middle and please for god's sake dont start the 5ft 10 220lb Buggs there, and allow either ashlee palmer or nic harris to take there hi energy hit hard style of LBer play to start at OLB with Ellison
who should be on the bench as well and would be for most other NFL teams

Kawika was brought here for leadership and stout playmaking ability he mite be out of position at OLB and be more effective in the middle like he has been in the past like when he played in KC

Mitchell needs to have a big rest of the season or our D is in trouble

User Manuel
09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
With Poz out, we need our highest paid and most outspoken LBer to step up his game
i am sick of watching him get engulfed by blockers and not make plays like he did in the NE game monday night
Mitchell should be moved to the middle and please for god's sake dont start the 5ft 10 220lb Buggs there, and allow either ashlee palmer or nic harris to take there hi energy hit hard style of LBer play to start at OLB with Ellison
who should be on the bench as well and would be for most other NFL teams

Kawika was brought here for leadership and stout playmaking ability he mite be out of position at OLB and be more effective in the middle like he has been in the past like when he played in KC

Mitchell needs to have a big rest of the season or our D is in trouble

Excellent Post, I agree 100%

DesertFox24
09-16-2009, 11:11 AM
He had his best year at OLB with the giants in that super bowl run.

TacklingDummy
09-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Time for him to live up to his Super Bowl hype. He reminds me of Larry Brown from the Cowboys.

Jaybird
09-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Great post!
I have never been a huge Kawika fan. I find he takes bad angles, and doesn't make enough plays. I am not sure he can play in the middle in our Defense

Jan Reimers
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Great post!
I have never been a huge Kawika fan. I find he takes bad angles, and doesn't make enough plays. I am not sure he can play in the middle in our Defense
He's a poor tackler, too.

bigbub2352
09-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Mitchell also hurts us in coverage oh yeah thats right he is not a Cover 2 LBer even thou our front office signed him to play in it Nice Move RUss
Mitchell needs to show us why he was part of that superbowl team use his leadership and experiance to teach the young kids how to do it
Lead by example

jamze132
09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
No doubt, he needs to make some more plays. I know he makes more plays than other non-mentionable players on the D, but he needs to make them more frequently if we are going to have any chance of winning.

bigbub2352
09-16-2009, 02:32 PM
No doubt, he needs to make some more plays. I know he makes more plays than other non-mentionable players on the D, but he needs to make them more frequently if we are going to have any chance of winning.
Good Post,
i will name the non mentionable players for you:
Keith Ellison
Kyle Williams
Chris Kelsay
Ryan Denney
John McCargo
Spencer Johnson
and the famous Donte Whitner did he even play Monday Night?

these are the players that need to be upgraded why we spend so much on these guys and then do not do anything to upgrade them and keep starting them even thou we are 0-7 in our last 7 games in the division and consistently give up long sustained drives that cost us leads and games is beyond me
Also the one guy who escapes critisism with the media and most fans is **** bag Perry Fewell and his horrible Cover 2 Scheme that has cost us plenty of leads and games
wow i thought DJ aka Skeletor was a D Cordinator oh yeah he just plain sucks all around my bad

jamze132
09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Good Post,

Also the one guy who escapes critisism with the media and most fans is **** bag Perry Fewell and his horrible Cover 2 Scheme that has cost us plenty of leads and games
wow i thought DJ aka Skeletor was a D Cordinator oh yeah he just plain sucks all around my bad

He didn't escape my criticism. I started a thread about how he needs to be given his walking papers. Soon.

Mad Bomber
09-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Mitchell is 250+ lbs (our biggest LB) and IMO be better in the middle than someone who weighs the same as my brother in there.

He's also WAY too slow to be an OLB in this (ridiculous) defensive scheme.

BSU Drew
09-17-2009, 01:25 AM
As i said last year Mitchell looks slow and out of shape.. i cannot stand to watch him play. He gets burned 90% of the time....

realdealryan
09-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Time for him to live up to his Super Bowl hype. He reminds me of Larry Brown from the Cowboys.

Whoa pump the brakes there, Mitchell was merely on a team that won the SB, not it's MVP.