PDA

View Full Version : Before everyone appoints AVP O.C. of the year

Forward_Lateral
09-16-2009, 01:03 PM
How about Buffalo wins a game? Seriously, I'm glad AVP called a good game, and I'm glad he didn't do anything stupid. But, that's all moot if the Bills don't win. Let's see some friggen wins before we get too carried away here.

Jan Reimers
09-16-2009, 01:06 PM
About all we can say at this point, is that he appears to be better than Turk. Then again, a stump would be better than Turk.

Forward_Lateral
09-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I just hope he can continue to be both simple and creative at the same time.

Mudflap1
09-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I thought Turk might be the real deal when the Bills started 5-1 last year.

Let's give AVP the season and see what happens. He had a nice first game on short notice against the best team in the NFL (IMO). Teams start figuring out tendencies after 4-5 weeks. So let's see how it goes. At least he had a good start.

Pinkerton Security
09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I just hope he can continue to be both simple and creative at the same time.

Yeah...Turk said something about Dick wanting a "Pop-warner offense", yet his own offense seemed to be so vanilla to me most of the time that it was frighteningly predictable, something AVP's offense was NOT against the Patsies.

Forward_Lateral
09-16-2009, 01:14 PM
I love the fact that he kept the formations simple, and didn't try to out smart the D with guys in motion, etc.

Bufftp
09-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't think anyone is naming A.V.P. OC of the Year.
I think everyone liked what he did in 1 game his first game.

psubills62
09-16-2009, 01:16 PM
I think AVP called a very good game, and I think the reason people are high on him is because the execution was abnormally bad at times when it should have been good (passes to Evans, Owens, etc.).