PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Buggs to start at MLB in Poz's place

patmoran2006
09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/marcus-buggs-now-in-starting-lineup/

gil
09-16-2009, 02:49 PM
wish I would have paid attention in pre-season - is he any good?

patmoran2006
09-16-2009, 02:50 PM
wish I would have paid attention in pre-season - is he any good?
I personally liked him a lot this preseason.

Monday though-- not so much. He looked lost.

But I'm a fan of his.

M
09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
:scared: I saw a not so good play on Monday night and screamed "who the hell is 53?!" Now I know. So do you think Ashlee Palmer will be active Sunday because they are down an LBer??

bigbub2352
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
he is small way to small to play NFL MLB i dont care what he looked like against other teams backups in the preseason, which personally i thought he was pushed around and did his best London Fletcher impersonation and made tackles 5 yards after the line of scrimmage
we should have addressed this in offseason and we cut the player we signed in pat thomas
i have started threads about this as well as stated many times
DJ and the front office has misused the PS and also had horrible keeps on the roster for ST only purposes and it continues to kill us
why do we hav 8 WR under contract?
why is corey mcyntyre corto wilson wendling on this roster
guys we lose ever yr and yet keep the same guys around
same could be said for Ellison Kelsay Denney Johnson williams
they are easily blocked and offer not to much in impact plays
definition of madness u cant keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results
UNtil this staff anf FO are gone we will suffer with guys like Buggs starting at MLB in the NFL when he is 5ft 10 and 220lbs
sad

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Really, are we shocked here?

They'd probably suit up Chris Brown before they'd go out on the open market.

X-Era
09-16-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/marcus-buggs-now-in-starting-lineup/
Remember what I said?

Here it is in a nutshell.

Typical Bills FO, "We like the guys we have"

This will cost the Bills, maybe even a game or two IMO

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Every team keeps ST guys only though (including the Pats - Sam Aiken), so that argument does not wash. And a number of these guys that you have put in the same category in the past (Wire, Haggan, Stamer) have been let go and do end up on other rosters, so apparently the Bills are not the only team that keeps guys like that.

A team's depth rarely offer impact plays. With FA and the transition around the league, guys like Buggs can be reserves.

WeAreArthurMoates
09-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I like the move, the guy reminds me a young Fletcher and will be a great backup to Poz for years to come. I think he was just neverous Monday, Sunday he should be ready to fly.

bigbub2352
09-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Every team keeps ST guys only though (including the Pats - Sam Aiken), so that argument does not wash. And a number of these guys that you have put in the same category in the past (Wire, Haggan, Stamer) have been let go and do end up on other rosters, so apparently the Bills are not the only team that keeps guys like that.

A team's depth rarely offer impact plays. With FA and the transition around the league, guys like Buggs can be reserves.
I understand we keep ST guys but why cant they be prospects we are developing to eventually be starters not guys who are extremely limited but because they can sprint 70 yds down feild and make a tackle they are untouchable
who would u rather have corey mcyntyre or copeland bryan?
we needed pass rush monday night and didnt get it out of the guys who are getting paid alot to do it
yet Ellis was inactive, we cut a WR and then made Steve Johnson who the coaching staff raved about and said they wanted to get more invovled in the offense yet he was inactive so Josh Reed could make a meaningless catch and Roscoe Parrish dissappeared as usual
its the same thing over and over
we can argue every yr Doc
but we still keep losing
we still keep having 0 depth
and we keep mismanging our Practice Squad
hence he keep sucking and missing the playoffs

bigbub2352
09-16-2009, 03:25 PM
I like the move, the guy reminds me a young Fletcher and will be a great backup to Poz for years to come. I think he was just neverous Monday, Sunday he should be ready to fly.
a young London Flethcer was 246lbs not 220

patmoran2006
09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
:scared: I saw a not so good play on Monday night and screamed "who the hell is 53?!" Now I know. So do you think Ashlee Palmer will be active Sunday because they are down an LBer??
Yes

EDS
09-16-2009, 04:11 PM
a young London Flethcer was 246lbs not 220

Kind of unfair to compare the guy to someone who has had a very long and successful career.

I will hope for the best and expect the worse.

Lexwhat
09-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Marcus Buggs?

This is great news for the Saints game........

Michael82
09-16-2009, 04:23 PM
I'd rather see Mitchell at MLB and Nic Harris at OLB.

christhebillsfan783
09-16-2009, 07:26 PM
anyone know how long poz is out for?

Lexwhat
09-16-2009, 07:27 PM
anyone know how long poz is out for?

According to sources, 4-6 weeks.

christhebillsfan783
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Damn, that is going to be a major blow to our D. Why is it he only gets hurt against the pats in new england? so much garbage!

patmoran2006
09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
I'd rather see Mitchell at MLB and Nic Harris at OLB.
According to everyone I"ve talked to, they will slide Ellison inside before Mitchell.

homeslice5484
09-16-2009, 09:26 PM
pat, do you think jauron really feels he has to win to keep his job or will the "but we were competitive this year but we are young and had injuries" excuse work?

Will we see a more agressive Jauron? Cause the blunder at the end, leaving Ellison on a TE in an obvious passing situation was another stupid blunder, almost as bad as not defending the sidelines vs. Dallas. Where was Youboty or Wilson?

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
pat, do you think jauron really feels he has to win to keep his job or will the "but we were competitive this year but we are young and had injuries" excuse work?

Will we see a more agressive Jauron? Cause the blunder at the end, leaving Ellison on a TE in an obvious passing situation was another stupid blunder, almost as bad as not defending the sidelines vs. Dallas. Where was Youboty or Wilson?

Byrd was in and so was Corner.

So I think they already had 6 DBs

homeslice5484
09-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Byrd was in and so was Corner.

So I think they already had 6 DBs

Well then that changes it, but didnt they know it was a bad idea for Ellison to be covering Watson? Heck, leave only one LB out there if you have to lol.

Goobylal
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Buggs is a 2nd year player, so he knows the defense and calls. Having one of the rookies do it or signing a FA who doesn't know the defense is a bad idea and neither Mitchell nor Ellison are suited to MLB. And a for Buggs' play in the MNF game, he didn't get the starter's reps, which hurts a player.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Buggs is a 2nd year player, so he knows the defense and calls. Having one of the rookies do it or signing a FA who doesn't know the defense is a bad idea and neither Mitchell nor Ellison are suited to MLB. And a for Buggs' play in the MNF game, he didn't get the starter's reps, which hurts a player.
I agree. Buggs has been the backup MLB all the way through camp. Why bring in a free agent, or move an existing player to a new position, when Buggs has been groomed to play the position?

zone
09-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Well regardless of what they do with MLB, Ellison needs to be relieved of his duties. I thought he looked pretty good in pre-season and that maybe he had turned the corner, no such luck.

ServoBillieves
09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Huzzah, third string MLB!

mybills
09-17-2009, 07:40 AM
I agree. Buggs has been the backup MLB all the way through camp. Why bring in a free agent, or move an existing player to a new position, when Buggs has been groomed to play the position?
In other words, Jauron really does know what he's doing? :eek: