PDA

View Full Version : I like how some of you are already penciling a W against the Bucs.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 03:30 PM
You might be surprised to know that the score in the Dallas game might be a little misleading.

Tampa had 170 yards of rushing with Cadillac 97 yards of it. Leftwick passed for 276 yards and a TD with no picks while completing over 60% of his passes. They also won the time of possession battle.

Jeff Faine is out so they have a scrub starting at Center so maybe Stroud can have a big day.

I love how alot of you have a check mark for the win. I think the game is going to be close and a loss would not surpise me.

HAMMER
09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
You are the second most negative poster in the history of BZ. I do agree that no one should be overlooking any team though.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
You are the second most negative poster in the history of BZ. I do agree that no one should be overlooking any team though.

I'm really not trying to be negative. But everybody already has a win penciled in. People don't know what they are talking about. They just assume the Bucs suck.

Beastie Bills
09-16-2009, 03:39 PM

So are you gonna tell us who #1 is???

The last buffalo fan
09-16-2009, 03:40 PM
You are the second most "realist" poster in the history of BZ. I do agree that no one should be overlooking any team though.

:ill:

BillsOwnAll
09-16-2009, 03:45 PM

op

X-Era
09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
You might be surprised to know that the score in the Dallas game might be a little misleading.

Tampa had 170 yards of rushing with Cadillac 97 yards of it. Leftwick passed for 276 yards and a TD with no picks while completing over 60% of his passes. They also won the time of possession battle.

Jeff Faine is out so they have a scrub starting at Center so maybe Stroud can have a big day.

I love how alot of you have a check mark for the win. I think the game is going to be close and a loss would not surpise me.
You dont overlook anyone.

The Pats are one of the best in the league and we showed we can run with them... I see no reason we cant beat many of the teams that are not as good as the Pats

Pats > Bucs

Yes, I think we can win, but you never pencil any game in as a win, you have to go out there and do it.

Next.

ddaryl
09-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah I can't pencil in any W's

the Jauwrong factor is always in play

Philagape
09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
People make predictions. It happens.

The Juice Is Loose
09-16-2009, 04:10 PM
whether or not we assume its a win means nothing as far as the actual players go

you guys think that our mentality as armchair quarterbacks has somethign to do with the team

i'm going to assume victory because i'll be at the game and NOTHING, i mean NOTHING is worse than driving back to rochester listening to talk radio blast our team after a loss.

on the flip side, its AWESOME to ride home after a victory and listen to all the callers saying we're headed for the Super Bowl.

I remember JP throwing 2 td's against a horrible Chiefs team and everybody thought he "took the next step" lol

THATHURMANATOR
09-16-2009, 04:14 PM
OP OF COURSE

Syderick
09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I like how some of you are already penciling a L against the Bucs

MikeInRoch
09-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Another high quality thread. We all love "you are all stupid" threads. Thank you.

Of COURSE they could lose this week. This is the NFL. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Properities of math like Bills=Pats; Pats >Bucs must mean Bills >Bucs don't really apply.

on a neutral site, without the mishap of monday night, i would pick the bills. but with the injuries on D, how the d played in the second half and where the bills head is at after that loss, i'm not sure. i've seen with my own two eyes the bills blow games taht they verywell should have won. Even in our 4 game winning streak last year, we needed all four quarters to beat the rams and the raiders.

So on paper, i expect the bills to win, i will prepare myself for the sake of my health for a potential loss. but i relaly don't want a crap season. so i'll be cheering them on as always.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow. The Bills hung with the Pats so we must be better than the Bucs. That's the logic here?

Okay. I'm too negative.

X-Era
09-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Wow. The Bills hung with the Pats so we must be better than the Bucs. That's the logic here?

Okay. I'm too negative.
You guys cant read.

re-read what I said.

"I see no reason we cant beat many of the teams that are not as good as the Pats"

That stands.

"see no reason"

and "we must be better than" are two different things guys.

If we can go toe to toe with the Pats, and the Pats are better than the Bucs... we can beat the Bucs IMO.

Can and will are completely different. "Will" remains to be seen, and its very true that they can also lose.

You may not be surprised by a loss. But, I will be because the team I watched on Monday night can play with the best of them. They can blow another game that they should win, very possible. But I think they will take the next step and finish the game and win.

Typ0
09-16-2009, 05:00 PM
IF we don't beat the bucks 85% of the site will come with their we aren't mathmatically eliminated yet you pessimist arguements...

TheBrownBear
09-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I've got this one as a loss in my season predictions. I'm worried we'll see a big letdown this weekend.

yordad
09-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I have the Bills penciled in for a 1 point loss.

yordad
09-16-2009, 05:06 PM
You guys cant read.

re-read what I said.

"I see no reason we cant beat many of the teams that are not as good as the Pats"

That stands.

"see no reason"

and "we must be better than" are two different things guys.

If we can go toe to toe with the Pats, and the Pats are better than the Bucs... we can beat the Bucs IMO.

Can and will are completely different. "Will" remains to be seen, and its very true that they can also lose.

You may not be surprised by a loss. But, I will be because the team I watched on Monday night can play with the best of them. They can blow another game that they should win, very possible. But I think they will take the next step and finish the game and win.While we are taking thing literally, I don't understand how you could see "no" reasons at all.

X-Era
09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
While we are taking thing literally, I don't understand how you could see "no" reasons at all.
Can you find a reason that we "cant" beat them?

There's something about the Bucs that makes them unbeatable?

yordad
09-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Can you find a reason that we "cant" beat them?

There's something about the Bucs that makes them unbeatable?No. But that isn't what you said.

X-Era
09-16-2009, 05:23 PM
No. But that isn't what you said.

"No reason we cant beat them"

There isn't a reason that we simply cannot beat them.

No reason exists that makes it impossible to beat them.

Its all about the same.

Prov401
09-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm not using pencil while writing this 'W'. I'm using Pen. Count it.

Mitchell55
09-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Reasons we WILL win. 1st of every time will beat us in TOP, obviously. 2nd, we have a great run defense. 3rd, Leftwhich has a very long release, Maybin is great at getting behind the QB and forcing a fumble. He came close 1 time monday and did it 2 times in the preseason (1 time he missed barely)

yordad
09-16-2009, 06:33 PM
"No reason we cant beat them"

There isn't a reason that we simply cannot beat them.

No reason exists that makes it impossible to beat them.

Its all about the same.Well, if you are going to think of the word "can't" in absolutes, then that is like saying water is wet. And, I agree.

However, it seemed like you were saying there was no reason the Bills might lose. Afterall, we can all come up with some reasons why they might lose. "Impossible" doesn't really happen in terms of wins in the NFL. So, if that was what you meant, one would think you would have just said "it's not impossible". And, if that is what you meant to say, seems you wouldn't have bothered pointing out the Pats were better then the Bucs. And, is seems you wouldn't have said "teams that are not as good as the Pats."

Because, after all, even if they are better then the Pats, it isn't impossible, right?

psubills62
09-16-2009, 07:16 PM

So why don't you also mention that their defense gave up a number of huge passing plays as well as 5.64 YPC on the ground?

Yes, the score was misleading and the Bucs played better than expected against a decent opponent. But so did we. It's not a guaranteed win, but it's a game we should win.

X-Era
09-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, if you are going to think of the word "can't" in absolutes, then that is like saying water is wet. And, I agree.

However, it seemed like you were saying there was no reason the Bills might lose. Afterall, we can all come up with some reasons why they might lose. "Impossible" doesn't really happen in terms of wins in the NFL. So, if that was what you meant, one would think you would have just said "it's not impossible". And, if that is what you meant to say, seems you wouldn't have bothered pointing out the Pats were better then the Bucs. And, is seems you wouldn't have said "teams that are not as good as the Pats."

Because, after all, even if they are better then the Pats, it isn't impossible, right?

Very true.

Im simply saying that this team showed me something against the Pats even in the loss. Im saying that if they can play like that against the Pats, and if they can do even a bit better, and do it every week, I think we can beat a lot of teams.. yes.

This game this weekend is winnable. What I watched on Monday night showed me we can win games with this team. And I think we can beat the Bucs this weekend.

Better?

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that I didn't say we'd lose but acting like it's a win is ridiculous based on the Pats game.

I think it's going to be a close game that could go either way.

X-Era
09-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that I didn't say we'd lose but acting like it's a win is ridiculous based on the Pats game.

I think it's going to be a close game that could go either way.
The difference between "winnable" and "win" is about 60 minutes of showing up on the field ready to play football.

I didn't say you said we would lose, you shouldnt say I said we would win.

BillsWin
09-16-2009, 08:36 PM
31-17 Bills.

Count it.

Typ0
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I expect a win but the thought of a loss to the Bucs at home really scares me. We lose this week and 2-14 really starts to heat up.

Meathead
09-16-2009, 09:08 PM
this team is going to do exactly what the previous two teams did - tease us by stunning good teams and putting up a fight until losing at the end, make us think they are getting 'better', then turn around and look completely lackluster and dropping games they have no business losing against crappy opponents

if the pattern we saw last two campaigns holds up, and i think it will, what we saw monday night will happen again at least once. they will also lose to at least two opponents that were big dogs by letting them hang around and then failing at pulling the game out as favorites

six wins folks. and tampa is a juicy perfect spot for what is now a predictable collapse at the worst time

16-13 bucs

HHURRICANE
09-16-2009, 09:11 PM
The difference between "winnable" and "win" is about 60 minutes of showing up on the field ready to play football.

I didn't say you said we would lose, you shouldnt say I said we would win.

I wasn't directing anything towards you. It was a general statement. Mitchell 55 this morning was already calling it a win.

The Monday night game was a combo of the Pats playing worse than usual and us playing better than expected.

Hemlepp53
09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Bills got this one. I see no reason outside of an act of God that will prevent us a win. Leftwich is toast... too big too slow... he likes to sit in the pocket and thats when the front 4 get at his ass.... Bills should get several turn overs from fumbles or picks.. The Caddy's engine will not even get the chance to heat up...

psubills62
09-16-2009, 09:51 PM
this team is going to do exactly what the previous two teams did - tease us by stunning good teams and putting up a fight until losing at the end, make us think they are getting 'better', then turn around and look completely lackluster and dropping games they have no business losing against crappy opponents

if the pattern we saw last two campaigns holds up, and i think it will, what we saw monday night will happen again at least once. they will also lose to at least two opponents that were big dogs by letting them hang around and then failing at pulling the game out as favorites

six wins folks. and tampa is a juicy perfect spot for what is now a predictable collapse at the worst time

16-13 bucs

Or maybe people take these losses and blow them WAY out of proportion. There have been plenty of games that people "happen" to forget about where our team did well to hold on and win.

For example, I remember our defense coming up with a big interception against the Jets a couple years ago to hold onto the win. I also remember our offense racking up score after score against Kansas City. We shucked the Seahawks last year in the opener. Came back to beat the Jaguars, the Raiders and the Rams. Beat the Chargers.

Let me ask you something - besides the MNF football game against Cleveland, what "crappy" team did we lose to last year? San Fran ended up being pretty decent. Our divisional opponents were all over 0.500 and decent. Arizona went to the Super Bowl.

So please tell me, against which "crappy opponents" last year did we look "lackluster" and ended up dropping the game?

I think a lot of people are overreacting to this game and assuming we're going to do this same thing the entire year. I dislike Jauron as much as the next person, but this team has shown one thing under his tutelage: the ability to go 7-9. No matter how hard or how easy the schedule, they end up at 7-9. So yes, they looked promising and yes, I'm sure they'll drop other games. But I doubt they do it nearly as much as you're suggesting.

Mad Bomber
09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
The Bills will do what they have ALWAYS done...play up (sometimes) or down (usually) to the level of their opponent. They will play a game like the MNF game against the Pats and JUST lose. Then they'll eke out a game against a weaker team to get our hopes up.

THEN....when we're hoping something good happens, they will get out the steel toe boots and kick us in the nuts.

I'm not trying to be negative, but what you read above is a history of my experience as a Bills fan.

Maybe I'm a masochist, but I am completely behind MY team each and every week. I keep waiting for statistics and/or karma to have last minute victories actually go FOR us...

...I'm still waiting...

PECKERWOOD
09-16-2009, 10:22 PM
The problem came when you stated something that could potentially be viewed as negative while expecting a positive response. Logically you're right, but the irrationality of my homer like nature hates agreeing with you.

jamze132
09-16-2009, 11:57 PM
You dont overlook anyone.

The Pats are one of the best in the league and we showed we can run with them... I see no reason we cant beat many of the teams that are not as good as the Pats

Pats > Bucs

Yes, I think we can win, but you never pencil any game in as a win, you have to go out there and do it.

Next.
Actually, we didn't. The Pats showed everyone in the NFL what it's like to play to Buffalo's level for 55 min. And they still won.

X-Era
09-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Actually, we didn't. The Pats showed everyone in the NFL what it's like to play to Buffalo's level for 55 min. And they still won.

Let me extend the comment a bit.

We ran in front of the Pats for 4 quarters but lost the race.

I think leading them in the way we did for as long as we did shows us a lot about what our team can do. But we still need to finish and complete the job to get wins.

If we had come out and lost 70-0, I wouldn't feel as confident that we can win this one as I am.

Note: Again I purposely chose the word "can" not "will".

zone
09-17-2009, 06:44 AM

Wys

mybills
09-17-2009, 06:53 AM
I've had Cadillacs, but even mine didn't run sometimes.

GO BILLS!

zone
09-17-2009, 07:23 AM
I've had Cadillacs, but even mine didn't run sometimes.

GO BILLS!
Not with 6-6 310 pound blue wall painted #99 in front of them they didn't

mybills
09-17-2009, 07:28 AM
:snicker:

jamze132
09-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Let me extend the comment a bit.

We ran in front of the Pats for 4 quarters but lost the race.

I think leading them in the way we did for as long as we did shows us a lot about what our team can do. But we still need to finish and complete the job to get wins.

If we had come out and lost 70-0, I wouldn't feel as confident that we can win this one as I am.

Note: Again I purposely chose the word "can" not "will".
I like your comment about leading the race for 4 quarters, but I think it was more like we were in the lead because the evil Pats behind us were running backwards and tripping over their own two feet because they were ****y. Towards the end, they realized that they better turn around and run like they are supposed to and of course we had to answer for that.

psubills62
09-17-2009, 09:13 AM
I like your comment about leading the race for 4 quarters, but I think it was more like we were in the lead because the evil Pats behind us were running backwards and tripping over their own two feet because they were ****y. Towards the end, they realized that they better turn around and run like they are supposed to and of course we had to answer for that.

Really? I don't understand why everyone is making a big deal of the fact that Brady had some bad throws and his receivers dropped some balls, which doesn't normally happen. Because we had the same thing. So you could say that our timing was off too, which means we weren't playing at as high of a level as we could have been. We stopped ourselves on offense more than their defense stopped us.

And as far as their offense goes, some of our guys made good plays. Reggie Corner had very good coverage on Welker on the second 4th down that they attempted. We had great defense against the run when it counted later on. I think you give the Pats way too much credit on this one.

jamze132
09-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Really? I don't understand why everyone is making a big deal of the fact that Brady had some bad throws and his receivers dropped some balls, which doesn't normally happen. Because we had the same thing. So you could say that our timing was off too, which means we weren't playing at as high of a level as we could have been. We stopped ourselves on offense more than their defense stopped us.

And as far as their offense goes, some of our guys made good plays. Reggie Corner had very good coverage on Welker on the second 4th down that they attempted. We had great defense against the run when it counted later on. I think you give the Pats way too much credit on this one.
I won't say our timing was off. Remember this is the same offense that scored 6 points in the pre-season. I attribute most of that to Schonert. I think our offense more than exceeded our expectations going into that game. From here on out, I expect better.

The Pats didn't play as well as they could because I think they took us for granted. And when they realized that they might end up ****ing it up, they came to play football and we had absolutely nothing in the way to stop them.

SABURZFAN
09-18-2009, 08:07 AM

how is that being negative? HH does have a point. the Bucs could come in and beat the Bills.

psubills62
09-18-2009, 08:31 AM
I won't say our timing was off. Remember this is the same offense that scored 6 points in the pre-season. I attribute most of that to Schonert. I think our offense more than exceeded our expectations going into that game. From here on out, I expect better.

The Pats didn't play as well as they could because I think they took us for granted. And when they realized that they might end up ****ing it up, they came to play football and we had absolutely nothing in the way to stop them.

Not necessarily. I really don't think the Pats took us for granted...if that was the case then they would have killed us in the third quarter, when they realized it was becoming quite a game.

As far as our offense goes, we could have even done better than we did. Our timing may not have been off, but without the drops and penalties (both very correctable), we would have had a lot longer time of possession. While I think the NE defense is somewhat overrated, I am expecting that this offense will be able to move the ball consistently against most teams.

HHURRICANE
09-18-2009, 08:36 AM
how is that being negative? HH does have a point. the Bucs could come in and beat the Bills.

Thanks. I like how I'm "negative" for pointing out that the Bucs had some success on offense against a Dallas team that has a better D than ours.

HAMMER
09-18-2009, 10:09 AM

He does have a valid point, as do I. I would just like to see HH start a few more positive threads.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
One game does not make a trend. Does anyone here think the Pats played their best on Monday? The Bills have a good shot at beating the Bucs but not because they are almost as good as the Pats.

SABURZFAN
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
One game does not make a trend. Does anyone here think the Pats played their best on Monday? The Bills have a good shot at beating the Bucs but not because they are almost as good as the Pats.

the realists, in here, would tell you that.

psubills62
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Is it OK to pencil it in now, HH?

kid mickey
09-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Lets all pencil in a Buffalo Bills loss against the Bucs shall we??? Oh wait what do you mean Buffalo won the game??? Really 33-20 wow...Okay thread fail

HHURRICANE
09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Is it OK to pencil it in now, HH?

The funny part is that I never said that we were going to lose. I just pointed out that so many here had a win on the books before we played the game.

I like winning. The Bills offense is the strength of this team.

psubills62
09-20-2009, 08:02 PM
The funny part is that I never said that we were going to lose. I just pointed out that so many here had a win on the books before we played the game.

I like winning. The Bills offense is the strength of this team.

...And we won, didn't we? It wasn't pretty, but it was a win, which most people expected. I wasn't too surprised with how we did. Wasn't it 59 yards rushing allowed by our D?

HHURRICANE
09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
...It wasn't pretty, but it was a win,

The Pats proved today that they aren't that good so to base an easy win on what we did against them was far fetched. You made my point.