PDA

View Full Version : A look back to McKelvins Fumble...

JD
09-16-2009, 06:57 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nl33Ok5xDlA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nl33Ok5xDlA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is it possible that he really is just all about himself? Adding a few more yards for his stats? If you were playing for your team, and not about yourself.. you would have went down upon impact or hell, even before it!

When he caught the ball I yelled PLEASE DONT FUMBLE, then boom.. he PUSHES for an extra *^&*ing yard and then it happens. Unreal.

After the game, he didn't seem apologetic at all. Who knows. All I know is that was not a "team player" move. It sucks that the whole lawn thing happened, now I'll look like an ******* when I boo him when he walks on the field.

BillsWin
09-16-2009, 07:00 PM
he was trying to get the extra yard. thats not the problem. the problem was he fumbled. End of story. lay off the guy.

SabreEleven
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
he was trying to get the extra yard. thats not the problem. the problem was he fumbled. End of story. lay off the guy.

Said the Bills fans who accepts losing as the norm.

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Somebody needs a new TV.

JD
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Somebody needs a new TV.
Haha right? I couldnt find just the clip of the fumble on YouTube.. then I found this gem :band:

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2009, 07:32 PM
BTW... I'll forgive McKelvin if he promises to never ever again approach 2 or more tacklers without having 2 arms wrapped around the ball.

He should Always return kicks from 2 yards deep IMO!

yordad
09-16-2009, 07:46 PM
He should have had ONE thing in mind. Not fumbling. ONE thing.

MikeInRoch
09-16-2009, 07:49 PM
What he SAID is that he didn't know exactly where he was on the field. And that makes even more sense when you consider that no one was down there to help him - which is unusual. Because everyone was forward, no one was there to help him know. And I'd much rather have him concentrating on catching the ball than watching his feet.

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
He should have had ONE thing in mind. Not fumbling. ONE thing.Yup!!! Cus all 11 Patriots had one thing in mind... "Get the F'n ball from him".

Typ0
09-16-2009, 07:54 PM
What he SAID is that he didn't know exactly where he was on the field. And that makes even more sense when you consider that no one was down there to help him - which is unusual. Because everyone was forward, no one was there to help him know. And I'd much rather have him concentrating on catching the ball than watching his feet.

That's what I thought and even said it in the game day thread. He was moving backwards so quickly that he didn't know where he was when he caught the ball. If he's outside the end zone he can't take the touchback. I thought the announcers made it too cut and dry that he could and it wasn't that clear. He caught the ball pretty close to the goal line.

It's still no change from not turning the ball over is the most important thing though. But that's true about any play.

Typ0
09-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Yup!!! Cus all 11 Patriots had one thing in mind... "Get the F'n ball from him".

I think that's true too and is a big change. They are about to lose so they don't really care if he gets away from them and scores as much and they are taking bigger risks. So he definately has to be more conscious of these things because we are about to win the game.

YardRat
09-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Still think it looks like a helmet-to-helmet hit.

BillsWin
09-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Said the Bills fans who accepts losing as the norm.

thats because it has been the norm for the past decade. Although I do not accept it.

all Im saying is lay off the guy. It was a week one loss against a team we probably weren't going to beat 9 times out of 10 anyway.

There are 15 more games, so why dwell on the first one?

Typ0
09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
thats because it has been the norm for the past decade. Although I do not accept it.

all Im saying is lay off the guy. It was a week one loss against a team we probably weren't going to beat 9 times out of 10 anyway.

There are 15 more games, so why dwell on the first one?

Only one more against the division rival that beating could be our playoff berth though.

BillsWin
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Only one more against the division rival that beating could be our playoff berth though.

im not arguing that it doesnt suck. Because it does. I wanted that win bad and I was cursing McKelvin up and down.

My point just is, there is nothing we can do about it so why keep bringing it up and making everyone in a bad mood when we can just be focusing on discussing the upcoming game.

which is very winnable in my opinion.

dont worry. we'll beat the Patsies in Buffalo. :birds:

T-Long
09-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Where's the beat the dead horse emoticon when I need it?

Joe Fo Sho
09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Wow, way too early for me to be watching that again...

Typ0
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
dont worry. we'll beat the Patsies in Buffalo. :birds:

Right, we've got nothing to worry about. It's only week two and we're still on our way to the superbowl

Goobylal
09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
McKelvin was an idiot for not protecting the ball. There is a picture that shows him with only one arm around the ball. How stupid do you have to be to NOT protect the ball with 2 hands at that juncture?

I don't want him returning kicks anymore. Let him focus on defense.

BillsWin
09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Right, we've got nothing to worry about. It's only week two and we're still on our way to the superbowl

I wouldnt say that. but I am trying to stay positive. cheer up bud its football season!

Typ0
09-16-2009, 09:03 PM
I wouldnt say that. but I am trying to stay positive. cheer up bud its football season!

this is the internet you dont' know what anyones disposition is. I'm OK and I'm going to enjoy the games win or lose. I just think many are overlooking the gravity of the situation.

paladin warrior
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
He should have touchback in 2 min. What a blockhead Mckelvins.

Mad Bomber
09-17-2009, 12:07 AM
An extra yard meant nothing. It wasn't about field position, it was about ball possession. He should have crumpled at the 20 like he was a QB running the ball. He should have ensured possession of the football and let the offense handle it.

Buffalogic
09-17-2009, 12:20 AM
That was a must crumple situation

mybills
09-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Is that tv from the 1960's?

ddaryl
09-17-2009, 07:33 AM

I disagree. There is a time to fight for 1/2 yard and there is a time to do the samrt thing.

Fighting for the 1/2 yard caused him to fumble twice. With a lead and the need to not make a mistake he should of had the prescence... SCRATCH THAT... he should of been coached to not have tried to fight for a useless 1/2 yard in that situation, or any..

He had 3 Pats trying ot take him down and the ball was vulnerable, sometimes protecting the ball means just realizing its time to go down

unpaid_bills
09-17-2009, 07:37 AM
he should have taken a knee, Bills get it at the 20 run out the clock game over. Im all for trying to win the game and be agressive but he (and the coaches) needs to know the situation. This is why the Bills loose so many close games in my opinion the coaches/players we have are not well prepared or do they respond well in these types of situations, how many games have we lost with our current coaching staff because of similiar situations in crunch time?

Something that should be asked (not sure if already) did the coaches remind them before they hit the field down the ball and DONT fumble. If you watch the play NE gunners werent even trying to make a tackle they were purely trying to strip the ball - i can bet the coaches told them to do exactely that. McElvin is one of the better kick returners in the league, April one of the best coaches they should have made a better decision period. The other little subtle thing he ran right up the middle into the heart of the reuturn as opposed to going down a sideline. Just my observation we werent on the sideline so will never know what was said

mybills
09-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Did anyone notice the hole on McKelvin's left? One Pats defender. White shirts covering all other red shirts, and extra white shirts in the left vicinity. He should have juked left past that one guy and he'd be down field, if not all the way in for the score. I'm sure it looked different from where he was, but that's the thing about "what ifs".

I'm moving on to the next game. Anybody going with me? :D

mybills
09-17-2009, 08:02 AM
The other little subtle thing he ran right up the middle into the heart of the reuturn as opposed to going down a sideline.
:doh: just saw this. yup!

The Juice Is Loose
09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Guys. This is pro sports. When you mess up, your in the dog house, that's just how it is.

If he goes out this week and puts on a good performance at CB and has a couple good returns, protects the ball, people will get off his case.

If he comes out and puts a couple TD's on the board, all will be forgiven.

Speaking of playing CB, Antonio Bryant's knee injury was hurting him in the second half last week. This team literally has 2 weapons. We gotta win this game!

justasportsfan
09-17-2009, 10:03 AM
I didn't have a problem with him running the ball but trying too hard get the extra yards when he didn't have to was the problem. Trying too hard resulted in a fumble and what caused us the game.