PDA

View Full Version : 2 teens admit vandalizing lawn

Philagape
09-16-2009, 07:16 PM
off AP wire ...

By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Two 16-year-old males have admitted to defacing the lawn in front of the home of Buffalo Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin.
Hamburg police Sgt. Thomas Best said Wednesday the two teens have admitted to spray-painting a message and an obscenity on the player's lawn shortly after the Bills season-opening 25-24 loss at New England on Monday night.
Best said it'll be up to the Erie County district attorney's office to determine whether to take action against the suspects because McKelvin has refused to have them charged. Best declined to release the names of the two teens because of their age, but noted they both live near McKelvin's home in suburban Buffalo.

psubills62
09-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Really classy by Leodis...and it seems to make more sense that it was 16-year old boys. Doesn't make it any more right, but it makes sense. I hope they put them in jail for a little while to teach them a lesson.

Here's hoping that Bills fans can rise up and show Bills players that it was a very isolated incident. I wish I could be at the home opener to have a sign showing support for McKelvin.

LtFinFan66
09-16-2009, 07:24 PM
props to Leodis

SABURZFAN
09-16-2009, 07:49 PM
i hope the Erie County DA's office pursue the matter. these ****ing punks need to be taught a lesson. screw the slap on the wrist or a light sentence. make examples out of the two *******s.

BillsWin
09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
classless kids. Classy Leodis.

Ebenezer
09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
make them mow the lawns of 5 Bills or elderly folks each week for a month.

The last buffalo fan
09-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm very sorry for those little boys, but if you really want to make them men, you have to treat them like men.

Oaf
09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
You guys want to put two spray painting kids in JAIL? wow.

PECKERWOOD
09-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Classy move by Leodis but I agree with TLBF.

Prov401
09-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Boys will be boys. I was 16 once. I'm not condoning what they did but, I've made my fair share of mistakes in my teenage years.

MikeInRoch
09-16-2009, 08:14 PM

Nope. I'd prefer to have their arms broken.

Typ0
09-16-2009, 08:15 PM
God forbid they put that spray paint on a dog they'd be stoned in public.

Pinkerton Security
09-16-2009, 08:18 PM
God, I know I did some bad stuff when i was younger, so it does make more sense than a 25 year old fan doing it. They need to be punished but I think jail is a bit much

The last buffalo fan
09-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I never said jail was needed here, but you need to send a message to the young people. If they get away with it, they won't be the last doing this, and these two could potentially make worse things. It is only my opinion, of course.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2009, 08:27 PM
God, I know I did some bad stuff when i was younger, so it does make more sense than a 25 year old fan doing it. They need to be punished but I think jail is a bit much

how about a good flogging?

casdhf
09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
A day of picking up trash on the side of the highway should do.

HAMMER
09-16-2009, 08:36 PM
They need more than a day. I think two months of Sundays doing charity work would keep them from watching any football and piss them off the most.

ddaryl
09-16-2009, 08:41 PM
A little community service scrubbing graffitti would do

I was convinved it was a couple of drunks getting carried away, but then again it still might have been

Hemlepp53
09-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Glad to see L isn't pressing charges. He must be a pretty good guy at heart. I dont think Jail is the answer. A Scared Straight Program, 18 months probation and 500 of Community Service. If they live near him as the article stated their family must have some money so jail will be out of the question.

Again i am bias towards jail and the more negitive effect it has on youth being i spent 4 years from 19 to 23 in state prison. It would ruin their lives.... not equal to the crime.

PECKERWOOD
09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Apologizing to McKelvin would be an awesome start.

The last buffalo fan
09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
they can help SAB to clean his place and listen to him for at least an hour every day. :up:

Hemlepp53
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
They should be forced to spend 60 days attempting to talk JUICE into beleiving that Maybin was the right pick and he will be our PASS RUSHER on the future... Thats punishment... 60 days 8 hours out of the day....

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 10:09 PM
two possible ways to teach these kids a lesson

plan A:
Have a camera crew follow the boys for 3 hours during their SAT's. Then have Leodis commenting on every decision they make, then slap the pencil out of their hands during the essay, pick it up and run 30 yards out the room.

Then Leodis can tattoo on their foreheads to hold on to their pencils and their weak SAT score.

Plan b
Have the kids return kicks at a bills practice and don't let them take a knee. Problem solved in both cases.

BillsOwnAll
09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
i hope the Erie County DA's office pursue the matter. these ****ing punks need to be taught a lesson. screw the slap on the wrist or a light sentence. make examples out of the two *******s.

Reallly? i dont know how old you are but i know anyone 40+ did things ALOT worse then this when they were young. There 16 its called growing up. Jail wont teach them anything.

DraftBoy
09-16-2009, 11:00 PM

Absolutely. This kinda of reaction to a football is game is inexcusable. If they are season ticket holders they should be stripped of their tickets as well.

PECKERWOOD
09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Reallly? i dont know how old you are but i know anyone 40+ did things ALOT worse then this when they were young. There 16 its called growing up. Jail wont teach them anything.

When I was younger, there was a child molestor who lived in our neighborhood who molested my childhood girlfriend. Needless to say his house got egged on a routine basis, every weekend it was like clockwork. What's pretty sick about it all is that the guy had like 5+ kids. :ill:

jamze132
09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
The punishment should fit the crime. So community service which takes away their time on weekends sounds about right to me. They could clean graffiti, pick up trash, cut some grass, etc. And it should be done from 1-5pm on Saturdays and Sundays for the next 3-4 weeks.

Michael82
09-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Both of these idiot kids should be forced to do community service, picking up trash and even mowing McKelvin's lawn every week until the football season is over.

clumping platelets
09-17-2009, 03:38 AM
They should have to mow his lawn every week he's in the Buffalo area

Typ0
09-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Absolutely. This kinda of reaction to a football is game is inexcusable. If they are season ticket holders they should be stripped of their tickets as well.

first offense and spray painting a lawn you are going to throw them in jail? That's sad.

Typ0
09-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Both of these idiot kids should be forced to do community service, picking up trash and even mowing McKelvin's lawn every week until the football season is over.

You're going to have Leodis fumbling more balls hoping to get he car washed and windows done too.

Bravo82
09-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Let the kids do some community service for a couple weekends and lets be done with it. They tagged his front lawn... OMG such a heinous crime! Nobody was hurt and no property was permanently damaged. Once the grass goes and he gets it cut, all the "damage" will be gone. It's not like these kids threw a brick through a window with a death threat note attached.

Again, let these kids do some community service for a couple weekends and have that be the end of hit. Jesus Christ there are far worse things in the world than getting your front lawn tagged. I'd also be willing to bet that most of you calling for these kids heads were equally as stupid back in the day. We have all done stupid **** when we were that age.

Night Train
09-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Both teens sound like they have a solid future in New York State politics.

LtFinFan66
09-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Reallly? i dont know how old you are but i know anyone 40+ did things ALOT worse then this when they were young. There 16 its called growing up. Jail wont teach them anything.while I am 40+ and never did anything worse or even anything close to what these kids did....I disagree with his thoughts on how they should be punished

LtFinFan66
09-17-2009, 06:06 AM
I think they should just be forced to watch every Bills game for the rest of Jauron's coaching tenure there

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 06:09 AM
first offense and spray painting a lawn you are going to throw them in jail? That's sad.

You are assuming it is their first offense.

I think jail is a bit much, but no punishment is not the answer either.

BTW, it is about more than just randomly spray painting somebody's lawn.

People need to think a little bit about the intent behind the actions and what their reasoning was for committing the crime.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 06:09 AM
I think they should just be forced to watch every Bills game for the rest of Jauron's coaching tenure there

Make it worse.

Make them watch films of the Hank Bullough years.

mybills
09-17-2009, 06:14 AM
they can help SAB to clean his place and listen to him for at least an hour every day. :up:
:rofl:

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
while I am 40+ and never did anything worse or even anything close to what these kids did....I disagree with his thoughts on how they should be punished

you never did anything close to that? man, you lived a sheltered childhood!

DraftBoy
09-17-2009, 07:48 AM

You know its their first offense because? They are minors and their criminal records are sealed so its impossible for you to know that. Let's stop assuming we know things we don't first.

Not just vandalism, its also the image and graphic nature of the vandalism. Its also McKelvin's property which they unlawfully entered. Remeber in some states you can shoot somebody for entering your yard without your permission. So there were multiple laws broken not just simple vandalism.

Forward_Lateral
09-17-2009, 07:49 AM
make them mow the lawns of 5 Bills or elderly folks each week for a month.

For the entire summer next summer.

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2009, 07:55 AM
You know its their first offense because? They are minors and their criminal records are sealed so its impossible for you to know that. Let's stop assuming we know things we don't first.

Not just vandalism, its also the image and graphic nature of the vandalism. Its also McKelvin's property which they unlawfully entered. Remeber in some states you can shoot somebody for entering your yard without your permission. So there were multiple laws broken not just simple vandalism.
graphic nature????? so should i have been thrown in jail for making giant snow-johnsons on my high school's lawn? Some of you people need to loosen up a little, theres a big difference between some stupid 16 year olds being stupid 16 year olds and actual crimes. I'm not condoning what they did but throwing them in jail is ridiculous.

jamze132
09-17-2009, 07:56 AM
I was just going to say that they should be forced to buy tickets and actually attend all 7 freaking home games.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2009, 08:06 AM

they'd be educated properly about Bills football.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2009, 08:07 AM
:rofl:

:mad:

JD
09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Maybe you guys forgot how it was to be 16 years old.. maybe you were the kids being beat up by these 2 sixteen year olds? So hostile over some paint on a lawn.

If I was 16 and I was a diehard fan at that age, I would think about doing it too if I lived near him. You don't think much about consequences at that age, you're in it for the adrenaline rush and hilarity of it.

DraftBoy
09-17-2009, 10:54 AM
graphic nature????? so should i have been thrown in jail for making giant snow-johnsons on my high school's lawn? Some of you people need to loosen up a little, theres a big difference between some stupid 16 year olds being stupid 16 year olds and actual crimes. I'm not condoning what they did but throwing them in jail is ridiculous.

This wasn't a public property like a HS, you seem to be forgetting this. This was a private residence which was illegally trespassed on.

I dont care if they are 16, 18, 26, or 56. The act is stupid, illegal, and they should be punished. At what point do you draw the line and stop using their age as an excuse for their actions? When they actually hurt somebody? And no Im not making the slippery slope argument that defiling private property would lead to violence but if you are going to excuse this, then where do you stop saying its just youthful playing, and start saying its against the law?

The law is there for us all to abide by not just when we turn 18.

DraftBoy
09-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Maybe you guys forgot how it was to be 16 years old.. maybe you were the kids being beat up by these 2 sixteen year olds? So hostile over some paint on a lawn.

If I was 16 and I was a diehard fan at that age, I would think about doing it too if I lived near him. You don't think much about consequences at that age, you're in it for the adrenaline rush and hilarity of it.

Id say you should be thrown in jail too. When I was 16 (9 years ago) the idea of vandalizing property never really crossed into my mind. I was too worried about girls, and finding a new car, to be that bent out of shape over a Bills game. Maybe some of you really need to take a break from the Bills instead.

JD
09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Id say you should be thrown in jail too. When I was 16 (9 years ago) the idea of vandalizing property never really crossed into my mind. I was too worried about girls, and finding a new car, to be that bent out of shape over a Bills game. Maybe some of you really need to take a break from the Bills instead.
Meh, its an adolescent thing to do. A year from now I guarantee they wouldn't even think of doing it. All it probably took was one d-bag friend to be like "dude lets do it!" and the other kid probably just followed along. I wasn't much of a football fan at 16, I was too worried about making out at dare skates.

I'm curious to what the "obscenity" was on the lawn..

DraftBoy
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Meh, its an adolescent thing to do. A year from now I guarantee they wouldn't even think of doing it. All it probably took was one d-bag friend to be like "dude lets do it!" and the other kid probably just followed along. I wasn't much of a football fan at 16, I was too worried about making out at dare skates.

No the adolescent thing to do is to try cigaretts, see if you can get to third base, and steal one of your Dad's beer and pass it around with your friends. Vandalizing a home is not what I would consider adolescent.

chernobylwraiths
09-17-2009, 11:22 AM
What a discussion. Jail time? Doubtful. Should they be punished? Absolutely! The thought that just because they were 16 years old and "I did all kinds of stuff when i was that age and got away with it" is absurd. You commit a crime and get caught, you get punished. Admitting guilt will make whatever sentence they get shorter in all likelihood. This is not only a crime, but it was a national embarrassment!

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM

it was a depiction of male genitals, to be more politically correct than i normally am.

and draftboy, i specifically said "i dont condone it" and "i think they should be punished" in another post....not sure where that didnt come across as being clear. it was stupid yes, we can all agree on that.

pats-were-right
09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Spray painting the lawn, folks. Personally I don't think those kids should have much done to them either - couple hours community service maybe. To me it was a well-thought out prank and chance to be d--ks without doing any physical damage whatsoever. Grass grows, message goes away.

LtFinFan66
09-17-2009, 06:38 PM
you never did anything close to that? man, you lived a sheltered childhood!nope, I was raised right

YoungEz
09-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Really classy by Leodis...and it seems to make more sense that it was 16-year old boys. Doesn't make it any more right, but it makes sense. I hope they put them in jail for a little while to teach them a lesson.

Here's hoping that Bills fans can rise up and show Bills players that it was a very isolated incident. I wish I could be at the home opener to have a sign showing support for McKelvin.

Jail for spray painting something on a lawn? You must be high sir

YoungEz
09-17-2009, 07:08 PM
No the adolescent thing to do is to try cigaretts, see if you can get to third base, and steal one of your Dad's beer and pass it around with your friends. Vandalizing a home is not what I would consider adolescent.

First off cigarettes and beer is both illegal and breaking laws also if you are under 18. Second they spray painted his lawn not his home.

Cigarettes, beer, and spray painting a lawn all have the same things in common. They do not harm anyone accept possible yourself, they are not permanent. The grass gets cut and grows back in a week.

You try and argue one thing is so bad yet say they should be breaking other laws, you can't have it both ways.

I never even tried drinking or cigarettes when I was in high school, did I do other stupid things like them ya maybe worse, you learn its called maturity going to jail doesn't do that.

Disorderly Conduct gets you 10 hours community service and a 300 dollar fine. I guarantee that does the job and send the message.
This is a lot less than majority of you guys have been saying which is ridiculous.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 08:11 PM
nope, I was raised right

Almost. Close. But not quite.

You know why.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2009, 08:19 PM
The kids should be punished for making me have to listen to Leodis in a press conference.

He has to be the stupidest mo-fo I have ever heard. Seriously.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh brother. You must have been a raging pussy when your were 16. You never TP'd a house, did a lawn job, stole a pink flamigo. Give me a break. We all did it. The kids were stupid for getting caught.

Don't you get the idea that targeting his house is different than a random stupid prank?

You would be OK with one of us spray painting your yard because we disagree with you on a message board?

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 08:27 PM
And I don't think not breaking the law as a teen qualifies one as "raging pussy".

HHURRICANE
09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Don't you get the idea that targeting his house is different than a random stupid prank?

You would be OK with one of us spray painting your yard because we disagree with you on a message board?

Uhhh, when you TP a house it's not usually random.

The kids didn't go over there with a gun. The only one in danger were the kids because if McStupid had been home they might have been shot.

No, it's dicerning between a real threat and two teenagers doing something stupid after an emotional loss.

And no I wouldn't press charges for spray paint on my lawn. If they had done damage to the house than it would have been a different story.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2009, 08:35 PM
And I don't think not breaking the law as a teen qualifies one as "raging pussy".

I like Chernobal but are you going to tell me he never drank a beer before he was legally old enough to drink?

That's breaking the law. Right? Unless Chenobyal is Jesus than save the judging.

Dying_-2-_Live
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Im 15 and I would never do anything as dumb as vandalizing someone's lawn. What help does it do?
It was a depressing lose that i can honestly say I shed some tears over (go ahead, call me a puss)
But theres got to be a limit to you're actions

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Uhhh, when you TP a house it's not usually random.

The kids didn't go over there with a gun. The only one in danger were the kids because if McStupid had been home they might have been shot.

No, it's dicerning between a real threat and two teenagers doing something stupid after an emotional loss.

And no I wouldn't press charges for spray paint on my lawn. If they had done damage to the house than it would have been a different story.

And what makes you think he would have shot the kids? How many times has he been caught with a gun?

And McStupid? Guy does not speak well, but is not dumb.

The point is, invading somebody's private property over a football game is simply unacceptable. You can try and spin it, but it crossing a boundary. And if you think an incident like this makes players look at this area in a more positive light you are wrong.

Here are more gems, from Bucky's column in the News today:

Former Bills coach Mike Mularkey had a terrible time in Buffalo. Gregg Williams received death threats. Drew Bledsoe had rocks thrown in his pool. Matthew Barnaby relayed a story Wednesday about someone defecating in his pool after he asked the Sabres to trade him in the late 1990s.

I thought there was a problem with younger people today who think these acts are minor and no big deal. I guess I was wrong. Apparently full blown adults are like that too. Of course, that might explain why our society is so ****ed up.

What is dangerous is the precedent accepting this act sits.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I like Chernobal but are you going to tell me he never drank a beer before he was legally old enough to drink?

That's breaking the law. Right? Unless Chenobyal is Jesus than save the judging.

Drinking a beer = An affect on one's own body.

These punks went and vandalized somebody's property.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Drinking a beer = An affect on one's own body.

These punks went and vandalized somebody's property.

Drinking a beer before you are 21 is breaking the law.

The problem with today's society is that the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

We are going to work the judicial system over on an act that a lawnmower is going to resolve while some murder is getting 2-4 years because our jails are too full.

The embarrassment of just getting arressted is probably more than these kids need to prove a point. Pressing charges is just insane.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Drinking a beer before you are 21 is breaking the law.

The problem with today's society is that the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

We are going to work the judicial system over on an act that a lawnmower is going to resolve while some murder is getting 2-4 years because our jails are too full.

The embarrassment of just getting arressted is probably more than these kids need to prove a point. Pressing charges is just insane.

These kids will never get jail sentences. They will get (at most) probation. Maybe a fine. Likely community service.

And the fact that other sentences are too light has nothing to do with this case.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Im 15 and I would never do anything as dumb as vandalizing someone's lawn. What help does it do?
It was a depressing lose that i can honestly say I shed some tears over (go ahead, call me a puss)

Nobody is justifying their actions. I never said it was right and I respect your opinion on the subject.

However, someday for sure, you will do something you regret or would have liked to do differently, and you will be thankful that someone was understanding instead of judgemental.

It's alway the people that preach the hardest that you need to be the most weary of.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2009, 08:53 PM
These kids will never get jail sentences. They will get (at most) probation. Maybe a fine. Likely community service.

And the fact that other sentences are too light has nothing to do with this case.

That will look good on their job applications and college transcripts.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 08:53 PM
It's alway the people that preach the hardest that you need to be the most weary of.

You do realize that some might find this statement ironic.......... :D

HHURRICANE
09-17-2009, 08:57 PM
You do realize that some might find this statement ironic.......... :D

I like you Lecter and I'm not trying to be all idealistic here but these are 16 year old kids. Charging them is going to ruin there lives or at worst make it alot harder for them.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
It is family court. In two years, it will be all forgotten especially since these cases often are dismissed if they stay clean for 6 months......

Dying_-2-_Live
09-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Nobody is justifying their actions. I never said it was right and I respect your opinion on the subject.

However, someday for sure, you will do something you regret or would have liked to do differently, and you will be thankful that someone was understanding instead of judgemental.

I most certaintly have and will make mistakes as life goes on. However, My mistakes hopefully will only hurt myself not others. Violating someones privacy by painting on their lawn is not on my "TO DO" list. Im almost certain the punish will not be nearly as severe as some are hoping for. Jail i think is a bit to much, but I would like to see them slapped with community service, and lots of it.

chernobylwraiths
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM

I said

What a discussion. Jail time? Doubtful. Should they be punished? Absolutely! The thought that just because they were 16 years old and "I did all kinds of stuff when i was that age and got away with it" is absurd. You commit a crime and get caught, you get punished. Admitting guilt will make whatever sentence they get shorter in all likelihood. This is not only a crime, but it was a national embarrassment!

Get caught is key.

I was a very tame bordering on boring kid. Not really Jesus, I couldn't grow a good beard at that age.

chernobylwraiths
09-17-2009, 09:58 PM

It's wary, but I AM a bit weary.

chernobylwraiths
09-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I like you Lecter and I'm not trying to be all idealistic here but these are 16 year old kids. Charging them is going to ruin there lives or at worst make it alot harder for them.

16 is an excuse and not a good one. At that age, they should know better. And I hardly think whatever they get for this will "ruin their life".

Dying_-2-_Live
09-17-2009, 10:01 PM
16 is an excuse and not a good one. At that age, they should know better. And I hardly think whatever they get for this will "ruin their life".

My same exact argument

chernobylwraiths
09-17-2009, 10:03 PM

You are wise beyond your years young padwan.

BillsOwnAll
09-17-2009, 11:23 PM

Well see if you can say the same thing when your 25 :snicker:

Dying_-2-_Live
09-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Well see if you can say the same thing when your 25 :snicker:

I will be able to say the same thing when im 25. Have I done stupid things? Yes... But I wont ever purposely ruin someones property.

Cntrygal
09-18-2009, 10:56 AM

I most certaintly have and will make mistakes as life goes on. However, My mistakes hopefully will only hurt myself not others. Violating someones privacy by painting on their lawn is not on my "TO DO" list. Im almost certain the punish will not be nearly as severe as some are hoping for. Jail i think is a bit to much, but I would like to see them slapped with community service, and lots of it.

:10:

I have an idea for community service. Every Sunday (starting this weekend) until May, they have to do yard work (shovel snow) for the elderly and disabled...... from 1pm-6pm.