X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

TO to Trent: "Take some shots downfield"

couldn't agree more. To not even attempt one with Owens and Evans.. captain checkdown has got to use the guys he has.

“Bill Belichick and that defense, schematically, they took myself and Lee [Evans] out of the game plan a little bit," he said.

Owens' praise for the Patriots was followed by some advice for his quarterback, Trent Edwards.

“There were some opportunities that we missed," Owens said. "Trent has to better assess what he’s seeing out there and take some shots down the field.”
    Posted by ESPN's David AmberORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Terrell Owens, who had only two receptions during -- and even less to say after -- the Bills' 25-24 loss Monday, explained both of those shortcomings to the media Wednesday after Buffalo's practice.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: TO to Trent: "Take some shots downfield"

I have no complaints with Edwards production on Monday.

Pay attention like you pay attention to what the media says, Trent, and catch the ball if and when it's thrown to you, Terrell.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
      • Jul 2004

He isn't lying.... We have to take chances...
      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

World to TO: Catch the ball
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

He's right. I refuse to believe that they were being totally covered by Pats' DBs the entire game.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

The offense left the field with an 11 point lead and came back onto it down 1 lol. Yeah, I wanna see big plays to the receivers too, but the offense played well enough to win and Mclovin choked it away.
            Last edited by Buffalogic; 09-16-2009, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

When you are moving the ball, and winning, I have zero problems with not taking a shot. But, that doesn't excuse not trying it early. In fact, I would have liked to have seen it on the first play. Even if Trent over threw him (or Lee).

But, TO has to understand it is only one game. The game plan will be different from, and for, each opponent.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

we could've won they way Trent played but we aren't gonna take the next step or go far if thats all we have. The pats had no tape on us and that helped. but if we can't make teams pay for the way the pats tried to defend both Lee and TO , we're screwed.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Well the defenders obviously weren't adjusting to the screen pass, so they must have been somewhere else...maybe covering our receivers?

I agree that the offense needs to do more to get the ball to our playmakers (Evans and Owens), even when they're being covered. I don't see what the problem is as long as the offense is moving down the field.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

ii think if you are winning, you have a good run game, and they are focused on taking away the long ball, why force it. Traditionally that would have been a mistake former bills teams would have made.

If teams throw a different look at us and don't want the run game and short game to beat us, yeah, we better take advantage of it longer. there is no absolute truth on if long game is better than short game.

Trent was accurate, threw to people on the run, threw in tight spaces, and checked down to guys who had good yac. i'm ok with that.

Next week if the bucs play up and think they can cover TO and Evans one on one, then by all means test it. and if they call the same gameplan and it doesn't work...i'll call them out for it.

To's comments dont exactly sound vicious or anything. only TO would get nitpicked for saying what he said.

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

I think AVP will be prepared to throw the long ball when the situation permits.

4 DBs covering 2 WRs 90% of the game is hardly the time to start chucking footballs 50 yards.

Comment

• zone
                        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                        • Oct 2003

It was actually refreshing to watch them not try to force something that wasn't there.

They took a page right out of the Patriots book. Use the play until the defense can stop it, if they can't great; we will march the ball down the field with it.

Same way NE scored 2 TD's on the same play to win the game.
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

Trent to TO.... "Don't drop the ball"

Seriously... The only complaint anyone (including TO) can have about Trent last week was that they didn't get their own stats.

We moved the ball. We scored. We didn't turn it over. most of his incompletions were drops. No bad sacks, just a couple from poor protection.

Didn't try to force it into double coverage that was on TO and Lee all game.

It's about winning, not making sure TO and Lee get enough balls.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                            The offense left the field with an 11 point lead and came back onto it down 1 lol. Yeah, I wanna see big plays to the receivers too, but the offense played well enough to win and Mclovin choked it away.
                            In all fairness, 7 of our 24 points came from a defensive touchdown by Schobel, so the O was not quite a powerhouse.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

I completely agree.. You have to take some shots

and TO dropped 1 pass not really enough to be calling him out on it...

Trent did well, but we have Evans and TO and that demands some shots down the field IMO,

Comment

Working...
                              X