PDA

View Full Version : Why Being A true Buffalo Bills fan is a Religion

christhebillsfan783
09-16-2009, 09:30 PM
If you are a true religious person when you are ridiculed for your beliefs it is taken personally and it hits you all the way down to the core. When something happens that should not happen your faith gets shaken but unknowingly you go right back without question to your beliefs. Because it is the one thing that you have known and accepted your entire life. We have our "cross" in the logo. We gather on Sunday's to pay tribute to our "gods". No matter what we keep our faith even through the toughest times no matter how bad we BILLIEVE. Instead of reciting bible verses we can remember instances and stats at a moments notice. And in a hardcore religion people go on journeys thousands of miles to reach the holy land. they drop everything else and make the journey. On Sunday I will make my first pilgrimage to Orchard Park. And as in all major religion there is lying and corruption. Decisions made by the people in charge of the "church" and they don't tell the people and play it off as a positive thing. And we do this to ourselves because we believe that one day, one day we will reach a superbowl victory "heaven" and even in the back of our heads we know it may never happen its what keeps our faith, the mystique of reaching the ultimate goal, the final payoff. And that is why we are much more then just fans. We are full blown billievers. However sad and pathetic it may seem to others, it is what it is.

Here is to the only thing we have ever truly known.
The Buffalo Bills.

Oaf
09-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Being a true Bills fan is truly being a masochist.

zone
09-17-2009, 07:20 AM
If you are a true religious person when you are ridiculed for your beliefs it is taken personally and it hits you all the way down to the core. When something happens that should not happen your faith gets shaken but unknowingly you go right back without question to your beliefs. Because it is the one thing that you have known and accepted your entire life. We have our "cross" in the logo. We gather on Sunday's to pay tribute to our "gods". No matter what we keep our faith even through the toughest times no matter how bad we BILLIEVE. Instead of reciting bible verses we can remember instances and stats at a moments notice. And in a hardcore religion people go on journeys thousands of miles to reach the holy land. they drop everything else and make the journey. On Sunday I will make my first pilgrimage to Orchard Park. And as in all major religion there is lying and corruption. Decisions made by the people in charge of the "church" and they don't tell the people and play it off as a positive thing. And we do this to ourselves because we believe that one day, one day we will reach a superbowl victory "heaven" and even in the back of our heads we know it may never happen its what keeps our faith, the mystique of reaching the ultimate goal, the final payoff. And that is why we are much more then just fans. We are full blown billievers. However sad and pathetic it may seem to others, it is what it is.

Here is to the only thing we have ever truly known.
The Buffalo Bills.
Even more so because the Bills actually exist.

They are similar in a way though, religion sells an invisible product and the Bills sell hope which is also invisible.

ddaryl
09-17-2009, 07:27 AM
your preaching to the choir reverend

mybills
09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Is your user name Chris the, or Christ he? :D

Have fun at your 1 st Ralph Stadium game! :up:

jamze132
09-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Ralph 3:16 says...

"Give thy money *****es and I will pull your string just enough to make thou BILLievith..."