PDA

View Full Version : Jason Whitlock rips McKelvin

Mudflap1
09-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Spot on.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10084588/NFL-Truths:-McKelvin-deserves-Bills-fans'-boos

raphael120
09-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Someone said this on the radio the other day...McKelvin will single handedly (and has already) contribute to more wins than losses...

Think of the kickoff returns he's had already, but I'm not sure what booing him will exactly show him. He's a young CB and hasn't even started an entire season yet. If he makes another big boneheaded play again, then he deserves all the booing he can handle. And I'll help light a back of dog poop on his lawn.

madness
09-17-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't know much about Whitlock but at least now I know he's an idiot.

trapezeus
09-17-2009, 12:09 PM
booing him after one mistake can have the josh reed effect on mckelvin. remember in the 31-0 blowout of the pats, bledsoe did the fleaflicker and reed was wide open. Reed dropped the ball and the energy just sailed out of the stadium for a brief moment. Two weeks later he had a couple more killer drops. We got on him, despite being a decent receiver, and it took him two years to get over it.

Mckelvin needs a little support. but if he does the exact same thing, you better believe people are going to ride him.

yordad
09-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't even had thought about booing him...... if he had admitted he made a mistake. But, to say you would do it the same way again makes me want to smack him.

RockStar36
09-17-2009, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't even had thought about booing him...... if he had admitted he made a mistake. But, to say you would do it the same way again makes me want to smack him.

It was a smart move.

He didn't say "I plan on fumbling again". Taking the kick out was smart in terms of clock management.

yordad
09-17-2009, 12:17 PM
It was a smart move.

He didn't say "I plan on fumbling again". Taking the kick out was smart in terms of clock management.As I have said before, I was all for him taking it out. But, he should have had one thing in mind:protect the ball. Not: Fight for an extra half yard.

He should have went down at first contact.

JD
09-17-2009, 12:18 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BOO THIS MAN

yordad
09-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Actually, it makes me want to smack his coach.

ddaryl
09-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Ok

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JD Sabrefan :D

seriously though if he fights for another 1/2 yard while he has 2-4 defenders on him then I'm going to boo the coaches for not coaching him properly

JD
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Actually, it makes me want to smack his coach.
Yeah, because its his coaches fault :rolleyes:

You people act like Monday was his first time returning kicks, hes not a ****ing infant that doesnt know better. It was a selfish move to go for that extra yard when it wasn't needed. He was thinking McKelvin, not TEAM.

trapezeus
09-17-2009, 12:59 PM
no, but he's a highly competitive person who will always believe he can make magic happen on his own. all 53 men should think like that. A handful (the coaches) should let them know when they don't need heroics but just smart play.

That's how it's on the coaches. If mckelvin does the same thing, again the coaches will get some blame, but mckelvin will start getting lot of focus as being 1. a fumbler, 2. not game smart, 3. nateclements like in the sense that he'd rather do something for himself at the end of a game instead of something for his team.

RockStar36
09-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah, because its his coaches fault :rolleyes:

You people act like Monday was his first time returning kicks, hes not a ****ing infant that doesnt know better. It was a selfish move to go for that extra yard when it wasn't needed. He was thinking McKelvin, not TEAM.

Really? I'd hate to see what you think of Lynch or Jackson then.

bigbub2352
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
McKelvin's mistake is as much his fault as it is Bobby april and Skeletor
they should have been screaming at him to stay in or go down, also should have talked to him before the Kickoff
also McKelvin is a moron cause this is football 101 to protect a lead
all leads to inept management and taking stupid football players Lynch is another example, so is Hardy

trapezeus
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
in retrospect, the right call to mckelvin would be, "run it out, run for the sideline and step out after the 20. Don't go up the middle, don't fumble, don't fight, just take what you can get and get out. Even if you see a major crease. now is not the time for being a hero. all 53 people have done a great job. let's win this together. Put our offense in a position to close out a great game they had. you'll get a chance next week to show the world of your skills. The only caveats is if its deep in the endzone or if they onside kick it."

But that's the easiness of retrospect.

Mudflap1
09-17-2009, 01:37 PM

Lynch and Jackson aren't dumb enough to fight for an extra yard with the game on the line and the hands team 50 yards downfield waiting for an onsides kick, instead of back at the 30 yard line where all of the defenders are gang-tackling you.

JD
09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
When has either of them been selfish to a point it cost their team the game? Their job is to put the team in the position to win. The Bills were already in the position to win IF Mckelvin didn't **** up, and he did. Boo him.

JD
09-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Lynch and Jackson aren't dumb enough to fight for an extra yard with the game on the line and the hands team 50 yards downfield blocking for you, instead of where all of the defenders are gang-tackling you.

Exactly.

HE KNEW THERE WAS NOBODY DEFENDING HIM because the team was lined up for an onside kick! It was purely selfish, take off your blinders people.

:blowup:

Mudflap1
09-17-2009, 03:40 PM
When has either of them been selfish to a point it cost their team the game? Their job is to put the team in the position to win. The Bills were already in the position to win IF Mckelvin didn't **** up, and he did. Boo him.

And I'm not saying to stay on his case. Boo him before the first kickoff return he has, so he gets the message. Then cheer passionately the rest of the game.

feldspar
09-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Didn't he fumble the ball on another kickoff in the game, and we got it back?

All this "support the player" talk is very sweet, but I have no problem with fans booing him if they want to. He single-handedly blew what was the important game of the regular season by being a complete bone-head. If you don't boo a player over this, I don't know when you would...besides doing something unsportsmanlike.

JD
09-18-2009, 01:46 PM
And I'm not saying to stay on his case. Boo him before the first kickoff return he has, so he gets the message. Then cheer passionately the rest of the game.
That was my plan. I want to boo him in the beginning, that's it. Get all my frustrations out! Lol.

JD
09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Didn't he fumble the ball on another kickoff in the game, and we got it back?

All this "support the player" talk is very sweet, but I have no problem with fans booing him if they want to. He single-handedly blew what was the important game of the regular season by being a complete bone-head. If you don't boo a player over this, I don't know when you would...besides doing something unsportsmanlike.
:brilliant:

RockStar36
09-18-2009, 02:06 PM

Ummm...

Lynch is currently suspended for two more games because he felt like cruising around with a loaded unregistered gun while smoking pot.

I'd say that hurts the team and was pretty selfish of him.