PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here think that

BillsWin
09-17-2009, 05:00 PM
T.O's comment about Edwards hurts the lockerroom?

espn does. Im asking your opinion. I think he just said what Edwards himself was saying and what Evans has been saying too. This team has the weapons to go downfield, so why arent we?

but apparently T.O. just took the team down like the "cancer" he is.

:idunno:

rcd333
09-17-2009, 05:03 PM
if TO jumped into a burning building to save a baby espn would say he should of been spending that time with his team mates

T-Long
09-17-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't disagree with anything T.O. said. Did they throw it down the field once? No. Trent HAS to take chances sometimes. He and Lee can't be doubled every damn play of every damn quarter. It's not possible

X-Era
09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
T.O's comment about Edwards hurts the lockerroom?

espn does. Im asking your opinion. I think he just said what Edwards himself was saying and what Evans has been saying too. This team has the weapons to go downfield, so why arent we?

but apparently T.O. just took the team down like the "cancer" he is.

:idunno:
Let me help.

ESPN = Extra Special Pinheaded Numskulls

Its the media, they want to have stories so that people will want to listen to them. This is another example of sensationalizing an opinion.

SquishDaFish
09-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Not at all. We need someone that speaks up and what he said really wasnt a big deal. It was the truth and Edwards was saying that himself

T-Long
09-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Being a member of the media myself, I honestly can say that the truth is, we want to have an interesting story. Most of the time, answers given are so by the book and so bland, we have to try to put a twist in there to gain interest. If it's not done, readers get bored, we get fired.

ddaryl
09-17-2009, 05:23 PM
ESPN is a piece of junk these days... Don't hesititate to tell them

or better yet stop watchng them all together.

They will do anything to drag TO into some stories because there are enough yahoos out there that will eat it up...

WHy post the real news when twisting it does a better jobpaying the bills

How about the legion of dumb ass jocks they hire to do their shows... annoying as hell IMO.. I rarely watch the network and when I do stop on it I'm turned off so fast. I might last 5 minutes then its on to something else.

cocamide
09-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Being a member of the media myself, I honestly can say that the truth is, we want to have an interesting story. Most of the time, answers given are so by the book and so bland, we have to try to put a twist in there to gain interest. If it's not done, readers get bored, we get fired.

Just like that South Park episode. If there's no news, then just make something up!

EDS
09-17-2009, 06:18 PM
What he said is fine. If he starts *****ing about not getting the ball, like he has in other stops, then it is a problem. The situation bears watching but for now there are no issues related to his comments.

!Papacrunk!
09-17-2009, 06:23 PM
I only like ESPN when they say good things

BillsWin
09-17-2009, 06:34 PM
ESPN is a piece of junk these days... Don't hesititate to tell them

or better yet stop watchng them all together.

They will do anything to drag TO into some stories because there are enough yahoos out there that will eat it up...

WHy post the real news when twisting it does a better jobpaying the bills

How about the legion of dumb ass jocks they hire to do their shows... annoying as hell IMO.. I rarely watch the network and when I do stop on it I'm turned off so fast. I might last 5 minutes then its on to something else.
Do you wish to file a complaint? :handball:

For the record I did not bash espn. I wish not to get fired. They are a stand up organization/network and I am proud to be on the payroll of a part of said network.

I just sometimes disagree with what a lot of the experts say on the network.

Yasgur's Farm
09-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Being a member of the media myself, I honestly can say that the truth is, we want to have an interesting story. Most of the time, answers given are so by the book and so bland, we have to try to put a twist in there to gain interest. If it's not done, readers get bored, we get fired.That's called making the news... Not reporting it.

Of course I can understand doing what you need to do in order to keep your job.

ddaryl
09-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Do you wish to file a complaint? :handball:

For the record I did not bash espn. I wish not to get fired. They are a stand up organization/network and I am proud to be on the payroll of a part of said network.

I just sometimes disagree with what a lot of the experts say on the network.

I just can't stand watching it.. Maybe I'm not much of a sport nut like I was when I was younger.. but I seriously can't stay on the channel for more then 5 minutes accept to watch the Bills game Monday.

and what good would a complaint do, they are going to cater to whatever audience brings the biggest bucks.. and I just do not enjoy the over gushing on the big market teams.. ...

I do not like ESPN and just do not find it stomachable... It irritates me that much...

If it makes you feel any better i find the NFL Network to be equally unwatchable and there selection of jock commentators irritate me even more.

Nothing I can do about that.. I'm not going to torture myself for the sake of it... there is a Simpsons or Sienfeld rerun somewhere that is palletable

BillsWin
09-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I just can't stand watching it.. Maybe I'm not much of a sport nut like I was when I was younger.. but I seriously can't stay on the channel for more then 5 minutes accept to watch the Bills game Monday.

and what good would a complaint do, they are going to cater to whatever audience brings the biggest bucks.. and I just do not enjoy the over gushing on the big market teams.. ...

I do not like ESPN and just do not find it stomachable... It irritates me that much...

If it makes you feel any better i find the NFL Network to be equally unwatchable and there selection of jock commentators irritate me even more.

Nothing I can do about that.. I'm not going to torture myself for the sake of it... there is a Simpsons or Sienfeld rerun somewhere that is palletable

NFL network is pretty bad just because they hire people like Marshall Faulk who know very little about 25+ teams in the league and focus only on 5 teams they do know. Alot of them make up stats and miss pronounce player names.

It is comical really.

Prov401
09-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm sick of ESPNews. I used to love it, but recently it's become pathetic. I can care less that Roger Federer said the f word. I don't care about Tony Romo breaking up with Jessica Simpson. ESPNews is more like a soap opera now. I actually like watching ESPN2. 1st & 10, PTI, ATH, at least these shows have analysis with professional assesments.

For some reason there are particular athletes that can do no wrong (Favre), and some that can do no right (Owens), in ESPN's mind. I never really understood what T.O has gone through, until he came here to Buffalo. I thought he was a selfish cancer on every team he's gone too. But now that he's on my team, and I've gotten to follow him closely the last 5 months, I've realized how exagerated some of ESPN's stories can be. He speaks his mind. He is asked questions, and he answers them truthfully. I don't see the crime in that. ESPN was so quick to call T.O's overdose a suicide attempt 4 years ago. Why? So we would tune in for a few hours. They want news/ratings. They want T.O to blow up. It's pathetic.

TigerJ
09-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't think TO's comment is a big deal. I did not see the first part of the game, but looking at the play by play record at NFL.com, it is apparent that Trent completed at least a couple mid-range passes (15-20 yards) and attempted a couple others that may have been longer than that. That's better than he did through most of th preseason, but I think it might be healthy for Trent to be prodded just a little bit not to always take the safe option, at least until he starts to get a little more comfortable with a little risk.

BillsWin
09-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Not a single Bills fan has said that T.O's comment was detrimental to the Buffalo Bills... That is pretty interesting.

The Juice Is Loose
09-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Mark Shlereth is the worst.

Still, to this day, not one Cowboys player has actually said anything negative about TO.

The fact is, ESPN has just decided they hate him and that is all there is to it. They replayed his comment over and over. First off, they cut the question. He was directly answering a question. Second of all, they don't include any of the positive comments.

Randy Moss hit a cop with his car. Granted, it was slow. But think about it. Asking for the ball vs hitting a cop. Which is more forgivable? But because Moss is with the darling Patriots, he's a sweetheart for ESPN.

Jan Reimers
09-18-2009, 08:38 AM
ESPN has become unwatchable for me. Not just because of the obvious bias for and against certain players, and the incredible overcoverage of their absolute favorites like "King James," but mostly for the sophomoric antics by so many of their anchors and reporters.

Pinkerton Security
09-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Mark Shlereth is the worst.

Still, to this day, not one Cowboys player has actually said anything negative about TO.

The fact is, ESPN has just decided they hate him and that is all there is to it. They replayed his comment over and over. First off, they cut the question. He was directly answering a question. Second of all, they don't include any of the positive comments.

Randy Moss hit a cop with his car. Granted, it was slow. But think about it. Asking for the ball vs hitting a cop. Which is more forgivable? But because Moss is with the darling Patriots, he's a sweetheart for ESPN.

schlereth is a DOUCHEBAG. He obviously knows way more than most of us about the game, but he also pretends to know more about every team in the nfl, even when he doesnt do his homework. I hate that man, hes very conceited.

trapezeus
09-18-2009, 09:08 AM
i doubt it...but this is a situation where we don't know the behind the scenes and either does espn.

if everyone has discussed this and know the stance and someone asked TO "should they go long", then it's a nonissue.

If TO said this because he said it to the players and coaches and no one listened to him and he's taking it to the media as a weapon....then it's a problem.

i have a feeling that once teams start to creep up to stop jackson on the run and screen, we are going to see a much happier and productive TO and Evans.

Pinkerton Security
09-18-2009, 09:10 AM
ESPN has become unwatchable for me. Not just because of the obvious bias for and against certain players, and the incredible overcoverage of their absolute favorites like "King James," but mostly for the sophomoric antics by so many of their anchors and reporters.

antics? I used to love when Kenny Mayne would just ad-lib, maybe its just because i am sophomoric myself, I also love the jokes van pelt and those guys make.

Jan Reimers
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
schlereth is a DOUCHEBAG. He obviously knows way more than most of us about the game, but he also pretends to know more about every team in the nfl, even when he doesnt do his homework. I hate that man, hes very conceited.
They don't call him "Stink" for nothing.

psubills62
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
i doubt it...but this is a situation where we don't know the behind the scenes and either does espn.

if everyone has discussed this and know the stance and someone asked TO "should they go long", then it's a nonissue.

If TO said this because he said it to the players and coaches and no one listened to him and he's taking it to the media as a weapon....then it's a problem.

i have a feeling that once teams start to creep up to stop jackson on the run and screen, we are going to see a much happier and productive TO and Evans.

THAT is when AVP will prove whether or not he deserves the OC position. It was great to see that he made a good gameplan that worked fairly consistently, even with penalties and drops.

After this is when we see how well he can adjust his gameplan to stay ahead of the other teams. Now that teams see we're using the screen, will he use Fred Jackson as a decoy and go deeper to Owens/Evans? I'm excited to see what AVP will do during the rest of the season.

psubills62
09-18-2009, 09:18 AM
As far as ESPN goes...I love PTI (Wilbon is pretty cool, imo), and I can enjoy Around the Horn, although sometimes the reporters they bring on there are as pandering as the rest of the network. Those are the only two shows I truly like, though I often watch Sportscenter because I don't have any other sports network.