• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Does anyone here think that

T.O's comment about Edwards hurts the lockerroom?

espn does. Im asking your opinion. I think he just said what Edwards himself was saying and what Evans has been saying too. This team has the weapons to go downfield, so why arent we?

but apparently T.O. just took the team down like the "cancer" he is.

I am The Batman.
  • rcd333
    • Mar 2007

Re: Does anyone here think that

if TO jumped into a burning building to save a baby espn would say he should of been spending that time with his team mates

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

I don't disagree with anything T.O. said. Did they throw it down the field once? No. Trent HAS to take chances sometimes. He and Lee can't be doubled every damn play of every damn quarter. It's not possible

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
        T.O's comment about Edwards hurts the lockerroom?

espn does. Im asking your opinion. I think he just said what Edwards himself was saying and what Evans has been saying too. This team has the weapons to go downfield, so why arent we?

but apparently T.O. just took the team down like the "cancer" he is.

Let me help.

ESPN = Extra Special Pinheaded Numskulls

Its the media, they want to have stories so that people will want to listen to them. This is another example of sensationalizing an opinion.
        Last edited by X-Era; 09-17-2009, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Not at all. We need someone that speaks up and what he said really wasnt a big deal. It was the truth and Edwards was saying that himself

Comment

• T-Long
            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
            • Sep 2003

Being a member of the media myself, I honestly can say that the truth is, we want to have an interesting story. Most of the time, answers given are so by the book and so bland, we have to try to put a twist in there to gain interest. If it's not done, readers get bored, we get fired.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

ESPN is a piece of junk these days... Don't hesititate to tell them

or better yet stop watchng them all together.

They will do anything to drag TO into some stories because there are enough yahoos out there that will eat it up...

WHy post the real news when twisting it does a better jobpaying the bills

How about the legion of dumb ass jocks they hire to do their shows... annoying as hell IMO.. I rarely watch the network and when I do stop on it I'm turned off so fast. I might last 5 minutes then its on to something else.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by T-Long
                Being a member of the media myself, I honestly can say that the truth is, we want to have an interesting story. Most of the time, answers given are so by the book and so bland, we have to try to put a twist in there to gain interest. If it's not done, readers get bored, we get fired.
                Just like that South Park episode. If there's no news, then just make something up!

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

What he said is fine. If he starts *****ing about not getting the ball, like he has in other stops, then it is a problem. The situation bears watching but for now there are no issues related to his comments.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                    • Mar 2004

I only like ESPN when they say good things

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      ESPN is a piece of junk these days... Don't hesititate to tell them

or better yet stop watchng them all together.

They will do anything to drag TO into some stories because there are enough yahoos out there that will eat it up...

WHy post the real news when twisting it does a better jobpaying the bills

How about the legion of dumb ass jocks they hire to do their shows... annoying as hell IMO.. I rarely watch the network and when I do stop on it I'm turned off so fast. I might last 5 minutes then its on to something else.
                      Do you wish to file a complaint?

For the record I did not bash espn. I wish not to get fired. They are a stand up organization/network and I am proud to be on the payroll of a part of said network.

I just sometimes disagree with what a lot of the experts say on the network.
                      Last edited by BillsWin; 09-17-2009, 06:34 PM.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                        That's called making the news... Not reporting it.

Of course I can understand doing what you need to do in order to keep your job.
                        Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 09-17-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
                          Do you wish to file a complaint?

For the record I did not bash espn. I wish not to get fired. They are a stand up organization/network and I am proud to be on the payroll of a part of said network.

I just sometimes disagree with what a lot of the experts say on the network.
                          I just can't stand watching it.. Maybe I'm not much of a sport nut like I was when I was younger.. but I seriously can't stay on the channel for more then 5 minutes accept to watch the Bills game Monday.

and what good would a complaint do, they are going to cater to whatever audience brings the biggest bucks.. and I just do not enjoy the over gushing on the big market teams.. ...

I do not like ESPN and just do not find it stomachable... It irritates me that much...

If it makes you feel any better i find the NFL Network to be equally unwatchable and there selection of jock commentators irritate me even more.

Nothing I can do about that.. I'm not going to torture myself for the sake of it... there is a Simpsons or Sienfeld rerun somewhere that is palletable
                          Last edited by ddaryl; 09-17-2009, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
                            I just can't stand watching it.. Maybe I'm not much of a sport nut like I was when I was younger.. but I seriously can't stay on the channel for more then 5 minutes accept to watch the Bills game Monday.

and what good would a complaint do, they are going to cater to whatever audience brings the biggest bucks.. and I just do not enjoy the over gushing on the big market teams.. ...

I do not like ESPN and just do not find it stomachable... It irritates me that much...

If it makes you feel any better i find the NFL Network to be equally unwatchable and there selection of jock commentators irritate me even more.

Nothing I can do about that.. I'm not going to torture myself for the sake of it... there is a Simpsons or Sienfeld rerun somewhere that is palletable

NFL network is pretty bad just because they hire people like Marshall Faulk who know very little about 25+ teams in the league and focus only on 5 teams they do know. Alot of them make up stats and miss pronounce player names.

It is comical really.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Prov401
                              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                              • Aug 2008

I'm sick of ESPNews. I used to love it, but recently it's become pathetic. I can care less that Roger Federer said the f word. I don't care about Tony Romo breaking up with Jessica Simpson. ESPNews is more like a soap opera now. I actually like watching ESPN2. 1st & 10, PTI, ATH, at least these shows have analysis with professional assesments.

For some reason there are particular athletes that can do no wrong (Favre), and some that can do no right (Owens), in ESPN's mind. I never really understood what T.O has gone through, until he came here to Buffalo. I thought he was a selfish cancer on every team he's gone too. But now that he's on my team, and I've gotten to follow him closely the last 5 months, I've realized how exagerated some of ESPN's stories can be. He speaks his mind. He is asked questions, and he answers them truthfully. I don't see the crime in that. ESPN was so quick to call T.O's overdose a suicide attempt 4 years ago. Why? So we would tune in for a few hours. They want news/ratings. They want T.O to blow up. It's pathetic.
                              Last edited by Prov401; 09-17-2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X