X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Here's what Perry's shown us...

... In games we have big leads in the 4th against relative Goliaths (Cowboys, Patriots).

1) vs Cowboys - Gave the sidelines and thus gave the Cowboys the time they needed to "pull it out".

2) vs Patriots - Gave the middle and thus gave the Patriots what they needed to "pull it out".

I say we stop letting them "put it in"!

We constantly stick our heads under the bed and stick our asses in the air and let them have their way.

PERRY... Let's start taking it to the other guy instead of lifting our skirts and dropping the bloomers!!

How about we go man to man tight coverage on the corners with nickle and dime help in the flat zones... Our safeties should take the deep middle zones and the lone linebacker should cover the short to intermediate zone.

Meanwhile... We put our 4 best pass rushing linemen on the field.

Just saying Perry!
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Here's what Perry's shown us...

I agree but last week it was the moments we played man that they had there biggest gains, the crew pointed it out. We went man on about 3 blitz attempts that ended up bad.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

We blitzed! That was the problem. Gotta get some pressure with front 4... Schobel, Maybin, Stroud, McCargo or Johnson... Pin the feckin ears back and go!!

It's got to be tight man on the corners... Zone deep middle... Zone flats... Zone short/intermediate middle.

If we do this vs the Pats, they don't get those 2 deep middle TD's. If we do this vs Cowboys, they don't get the easy time stopping sideline crap. Make them earn it on the corner.

Of course you know I'm only talking about when we have the lead late in the 4th... I'm so sick of just giving it away.
      Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

The guy deserves to be fired as much as Turk did IMO. Hell, we did great with the first firing so far.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

I smell a book coming out... "How to blow a double digit NFL lead in the last half of the 4th"
          Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 09-17-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Yeah Fewell pass D scheme just blows chunks. I've been *****ing about it for years, and the same traits always resurface.

No DB is going to pick off many passes with those 10 yard cushions

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
              • Feb 2009

Even though he wasn't great Sanders would make a much better D coordinator than Fewell. It would cause much turnover but Bob played tighter coverage. When will Perry learn.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

As I've mentioned on here many times, Perry Fool is just as bad as Dickey...they both need to go.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I really can't stand watching Fewell and I can't believe he still has a job.

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

i like how we draft the best shutdown corner in his draft, and we continually play him 10 yards off the receiver every down.
                    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                    Vanek is Austrian not European
                    Originally posted by Prov401
                    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                    Originally posted by better days
                    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

i feel like this whole staff blows now, well except maybe pudge

it still blows my mind that NOBODY went up to mckdip**** and instructed him to protect the ball at all costs. wth is a coach there for if not to make sure that pampered primadonnas with no sense of reality realize they can indeed screw up a golden oppty - again

im disgusted with these coaches and this team of boneheads
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by draz54
                        ... In games we have big leads in the 4th against relative Goliaths (Cowboys, Patriots).

1) vs Cowboys - Gave the sidelines and thus gave the Cowboys the time they needed to "pull it out".

2) vs Patriots - Gave the middle and thus gave the Patriots what they needed to "pull it out".

I say we stop letting them "put it in"!

We constantly stick our heads under the bed and stick our asses in the air and let them have their way.

PERRY... Let's start taking it to the other guy instead of lifting our skirts and dropping the bloomers!!

How about we go man to man tight coverage on the corners with nickle and dime help in the flat zones... Our safeties should take the deep middle zones and the lone linebacker should cover the short to intermediate zone.

Meanwhile... We put our 4 best pass rushing linemen on the field.

Just saying Perry!
                        What do you expect when Keith Ellison is covering Ben Watson on both TDs.... not much.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

The Patriots had 22 first downs by passing. Twenty-two.

All night they just kept sending Moss and Welker on short crossing routes, knowing only linebackers were there. That's on the scheme. It's so easy to pick apart.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Perry Fewell's D is a joke, i dont care what the media says or his statistics while being our D Cordinator
                            anyone with any kinda football knowledge can tell u his scheme is horrible we have to many players on D not fitting the scheme his depth sucks at LBer since he took over the job and he favors to horrible overpaid DEs in Kelsay and Denney over Ellis and Bryan who was cut
                            we give up leads and we also lose alot of games in the 4th quarter
                            he provides no pass rush no blitzing schemes and his Safties are not playmakers
                            all things u need to do while running a Cover 2
                            Whitner on some plays is 25yds off the ball
                            our scheme is easily countered by other coaches cause when we have 2 LBers and 3 safties on the feils most of the time what do u think we are trying to defend against?
                            Also lets just say that any team can walk up and down the feild keeping our O off the feild with easy underneath pass schemes cause 90% of the time our CBs are 10yds off the ball with that bend but dont break crap
                            I hate the Cover 2 and i hate Fewel's version of it
                            How he deflects critisism is beyond me he should have been fired with Turk and let Bob Sanders run the D
                            7-9 7-9 7-9 and last week another blown lead and outcoached
                            how more black and white does it need to be
                            our coaches suck
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by draz54
                              We blitzed! That was the problem. Gotta get some pressure with front 4... Schobel, Maybin, Stroud, McCargo or Johnson... Pin the feckin ears back and go!!

It's got to be tight man on the corners... Zone deep middle... Zone flats... Zone short/intermediate middle.

If we do this vs the Pats, they don't get those 2 deep middle TD's. If we do this vs Cowboys, they don't get the easy time stopping sideline crap. Make them earn it on the corner.

Of course you know I'm only talking about when we have the lead late in the 4th... I'm so sick of just giving it away.
                              We only blitzed 15 plays out of 53, although i agree with you completely
                              our Dline is a joke with Kelsay Denney Williams Johnson and McCargo
                              Schobel Stroud and Maybin and Ellis are the only ones i would have kept going in and i would have kept Bryan over Mcyntyre for a roster spot all day
                              inept coaching and management of the roster and depth chart continues to plague the team we are thin at LBer and yet we currently have 9 WRs under contract TO Evans Parrish Reed Johnson worthless Jenkins Hardy on PUP Huggins and Hawthorne on the PS
                              what the **** are we doing i ask every single year when we announce our cuts and practice squad
                              how long is Corey Mace gonna be here?
                              come on
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X