PDA

View Full Version : How are we going to stop Winslow?

The Juice Is Loose
09-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Not like I'm a big fan of his. In fact I think he's kind of an asswhipe. But regardless, if Bryant is out, other than stopping the run, Winslow is the best weapon they have to beat us.

Also, he matches up with our weakness this week, with Poz out, our linebacking corp is depleted.

Who's going to cover Winslow? I know Donte can't. I know Ellison can't. Who can?

Who will?

What would you all do if you were Perry? (besides give him a 10 yard cushion lol)

psubills62
09-18-2009, 10:20 AM
If Florence is back, it might be good to put either him or Reggie Corner on Winslow and let the other one cover the slot. The next best option might be having Bryan Scott or Jairus Byrd on Winslow the whole game. Scott isn't that good in coverage, but I know he did a good job against Antonio Gates last year when they asked him to man up on Gates.

Honestly, the best plan may be to double Winslow all game long, sort of like what the Packers did to Greg Olsen last Sunday. Olsen had two guys on him ALL the time (ended up with one catch for 8 yards). The Bucs don't have very good WR's, so we could simply man up on those guys and see if they can beat us.

Beastie Bills
09-18-2009, 10:28 AM
If Florence is back, it might be good to put either him or Reggie Corner on Winslow and let the other one cover the slot. The next best option might be having Bryan Scott or Jairus Byrd on Winslow the whole game. Scott isn't that good in coverage, but I know he did a good job against Antonio Gates last year when they asked him to man up on Gates.

Honestly, the best plan may be to double Winslow all game long, sort of like what the Packers did to Greg Olsen last Sunday. Olsen had two guys on him ALL the time (ended up with one catch for 8 yards). The Bucs don't have very good WR's, so we could simply man up on those guys and see if they can beat us.

I think we have to double him all game. He is the only legit receiving threat they have, and I don't think any of our defenders could handle him one-on-one. Reggie and Scott may be the way to go.

mikemac2001
09-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Blitz them making them use there TE as a blocker with out a true center id blitz the middle all game while trying to sneak zones under the TE

The Juice Is Loose
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
I like it. I feel that a healthy does of blitzes up the gut at their inexperienced center may be the very best way to handle them. We all remember the fits that Bledsoe (who was much better than Leftwich) got when teams got pressure up the middle.

I'm really looking for a big game from Mitchell, Stroud and hopefully McCargo in relief. Williams I feel will probably be sound but not spectacular. I think Schobel could get another sack lunch this game, and be on pace for 16 on the season.

I definately agree, if Bryant is out, we should just straight man cover the WR's. I have read that Tampa will use max protect, so in those situations man may not be the best answer. I hope we come out with a good gameplan.