09-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Steve Johnson is waiting for his chance this season:

http://buf.scout.com/2/899822.html

tatersalad
09-18-2009, 10:26 AM
This kid is gonna be a stud he is going to be a star in this league

psubills62
09-18-2009, 10:31 AM
I have to say, I was disappointed to see Steve Johnson inactive for the first game. I really hope he (as well as most of our WR's) contributes more throughout the season. I'm rooting for him to realize his potential and to become a #2 WR after Owens leaves.

HHURRICANE
09-18-2009, 10:53 AM
He was terrible in pre-season. FYI.

Dying_-2-_Live
09-18-2009, 10:56 AM

he was surprisingly unproductive in preseason. But that doesn't bother me... Ive already seen what Steve can do.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
he was surprisingly unproductive in preseason. But that doesn't bother me... Ive already seen what Steve can do.
Why was it a surprise he was a 7th round pick.

When did you see what Johnson can do? I have seen every game he has played in an outside a couple catches he has done nothing to overly impress me.

He could be decent but not sure why he gets so much love.

Dying_-2-_Live
09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Why was it a surprise he was a 7th round pick.

When did you see what Johnson can do? I have seen every game he has played in an outside a couple catches he has done nothing to overly impress me.

He could be decent but not sure why he gets so much love.

Ive seen that he has lots of potential. He needs to work on his hands a little bit. He dropped a few catchable passes in preseason. However, He seems to be able to get decent seperation and with more opportunities he could end up being the number 2 in a year or 2

The Juice Is Loose
09-18-2009, 11:02 AM
I know he's better than Roscoe and probably as good as Josh. Get him on the field with some experience and he'll be better than both.

FYI he had more TD's in limited action last season that Josh has had in 3 years!

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Ive seen that he has lots of potential. He needs to work on his hands a little bit. He dropped a few catchable passes in preseason. However, He seems to be able to get decent seperation and with more opportunities he could end up being the number 2 in a year or 2
Yes but where have you seen this? Did you go to a lot of training camp practices? I am just wondering because if you are just going on games that have been on TV there is barely anything to go on.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2009, 11:06 AM
I know he's better than Roscoe and probably as good as Josh. Get him on the field with some experience and he'll be better than both.

FYI he had more TD's in limited action last season that Josh has had in 3 years!
I am for getting them in there if he is really better but I just have no idea.

Dying_-2-_Live
09-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes but where have you seen this? Did you go to a lot of training camp practices? I am just wondering because if you are just going on games that have been on TV there is barely anything to go on.

I have been to 1 practice.. he looked good. But yes, I am mostly basing my analysis on the games he's been in. He hasn't looked to bad in the limited time he has played

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I have been to 1 practice.. he looked good. But yes, I am mostly basing my analysis on the games he's been in. He hasn't looked to bad in the limited time he has played
I don't think this is enough for us to be proclaiming him a definite #2 guy. Honestly then only catch I can remember him making was that short TD grab in KC last year. I am hopeful he will be good but I am not sure about it.

Dying_-2-_Live
09-18-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't think this is enough for us to be proclaiming him a definite #2 guy. Honestly then only catch I can remember him making was that short TD grab in KC last year. I am hopeful he will be good but I am not sure about it.

Notice that I never said he would be the definite #2 guy in a couple years. I said with some work and opportunities he COULD become the guy catching beside evans

BillsOwnAll
09-18-2009, 11:19 AM

You need to get over preseason. IT DOESNT MATTER. Our offense scored in regular season. You must have been stunned.

ddaryl
09-18-2009, 11:20 AM

the billion $$$$$$$ question

Why does he have ot wait... Play the man buddah dammit

Beastie Bills
09-18-2009, 12:00 PM
the billion $$$$$$$ question

Why does he have ot wait... Play the man buddah dammit

Yeah, I don't get why he isn't on the field. I keep hearing that the coaches love him.....so why aren't they playing him. Roscoe is worthless as a WR, and I highly doubt we re-sign him after his current contract expires, so why is he getting the reps that could be making Johnson a better receiver. I think Johnson is better than Roscoe right now anyway. I cringe whenever I see Roscoe on the field on offense.

Stop wasting valuable reps on Roscoe, and get Johnson on the field. If T.O. is gone after this season, we'll need another legit receiver opposite Evans. Maybe Johnson will be that guy. Maybe he won't. But we'll never know unless he gets some playing time. I'd rather find out right now that he's not the answer, so that we can start looking for T.O.'s replacement.

yordad
09-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Rosco will be gone by the trade deadline. And, once Johnson is activated, they can cut Jenkins too. In addition to play inside or out at WR, Johnson is a pretty good gunner. This makes room for Lynch and Hardy.

yordad
09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
He was terrible in pre-season. FYI.You mean with his injury? In that case TO really, really sucks.

SABURZFAN
09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
:yawn:

yordad
09-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Anyone notice SABURZFAN's posts suck.

SABURZFAN
09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
:z:

psubills62
09-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Rosco will be gone by the trade deadline. And, once Johnson is activated, they can cut Jenkins too. In addition to play inside or out at WR, Johnson is a pretty good gunner. This makes room for Lynch and Hardy.

I do hope they trade Roscoe. But what makes you think they won't get rid of McIntyre? He's my first choice for being dropped when Lynch comes back. We don't seem to use a FB at all anymore (though I could be wrong on that, didn't pay too much attention during MNF), and it seems he's only being used as RB insurance if Jackson or Omon gets hurt.

yordad
09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
I do hope they trade Roscoe. But what makes you think they won't get rid of McIntyre? He's my first choice for being dropped when Lynch comes back. We don't seem to use a FB at all anymore (though I could be wrong on that, didn't pay too much attention during MNF), and it seems he's only being used as RB insurance if Jackson or Omon gets hurt.I just think that if all the wanted was insurance, Rhodes was the better option. McIntyre gives them more in other places. He can be a goal line blocker, a short yardage pounder, and the big thing for them, he contributes on special teams. I know Parrish does too, he he is useless else where, and he cost 5 times more. Plus the Bills might be able to get some return on Parrish, not so much for Mc.

But hey, as with all football predictions, it isn't a science.

kelly2reed4six
09-18-2009, 03:54 PM

as was the rest of our offense...big deal.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2009, 10:08 AM

Remove player's name and insert. I see this same thread every year. How about playing great and than getting the accolades.

jamze132
09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
What's shocking is that Buffalo has a plethora of WRs that are either proven studs and potential studs in the making. If Hardy can stay healthy, he could be extremely productive. It's going to be hard for Johnson to get a fair shake with all of the talent currently on this roster. I'd say trade Parrish ASAP. Unless he is getting 20 yds per punt return, he is useless for us.

Mitchell55
09-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Johnson only played 2 games and in them he had 2 30 yd catches, 1 that he caught while adjusting to the ball and diving backwards

yordad
09-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Johnson only played 2 games and in them he had 2 30 yd catches, 1 that he caught while adjusting to the ball and diving backwardsOK, I am picturing someone diving backwards. LOL, funny image actually.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Remove player's name and insert. I see this same thread every year. How about playing great and than getting the accolades.

Im not sold on Johnson, but one would have to be given a chance to show what he can do.