PDA

View Full Version : McGee Very Close to Extension?

patmoran2006
09-18-2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/mcgee-close-to-extension/

mybills
09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
:bf1: :jill:

Wittman21
09-18-2009, 01:17 PM
that is good news...Im glad, that game against NE shows how important he is...If only they played a lil closer to the line...He is a great player

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Awesome.

patmoran2006
09-18-2009, 01:21 PM
BAD NEWS= He is hurt and questionable for Sunday... (spasms)

mybills
09-18-2009, 01:23 PM
My guess is he'll play. :up:

psubills62
09-18-2009, 01:23 PM
That's good to hear. I was really hoping they could keep either him or Youboty so we wouldn't have to draft 2-3 more CB's next year.

patmoran2006
09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
That's good to hear. I was really hoping they could keep either him or Youboty so we wouldn't have to draft 2-3 more CB's next year.
They may not keep Youboty past week three.

Beastie Bills
09-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Good, I'm getting sick and tired of the CB Carousel.

ddaryl
09-18-2009, 01:34 PM
wow were going to resign a CB... we must be in bizzarro world

psubills62
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
They may not keep Youboty past week three.

Yeah, it looks like he's fallen far from grace. I was just expressing my thoughts from several months ago, before preseason. I had been hoping one of McGee/Youboty would stay so our CB corps could stay relatively the same. And I'm quite glad it's McGee.

Are the Bills looking to trade Youboty at all?

PECKERWOOD
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
I like McGee, should be affordable and is probably a top 10-15 CB in the league.

bigbub2352
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
NEWS FLASH to the front office
dont take a ****ing CB next yr the whole draft you guys think u can manage that?
maybe take some DLINE and OLINE depth?
maybe a few LBs?

billsTOfan
09-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Rd 5 and higher you gotta go best player available regardless of need

psubills62
09-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Honestly, this team seems very well set for next year. Their OL has everyone under contract. Jackson was extended. I think next year we'll need: DE, DT, LB (1 or 2), WR, S (later rounds for depth), OL (later rounds for depth). If we take care of any of that in free agency, we'd be well set to build solidly in the draft.

That's all provided Jauron isn't fired and we stick with the 4-3 if he is...

Joe Fo Sho
09-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Honestly, this team seems very well set for next year. Their OL has everyone under contract. Jackson was extended. I think next year we'll need: DE, DT, LB (1 or 2), WR, S (later rounds for depth), OL (later rounds for depth). If we take care of any of that in free agency, we'd be well set to build solidly in the draft.

This is also assuming the current players under contract can play up to the 'potential' that the Bills think they have. Here's hoping...

In my eyes, the Bills biggest needs are, in order, LB, OT, DT, TE, QB(maybe), S.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2009, 03:41 PM
This is also assuming the current players under contract can play up to the 'potential' that the Bills think they have. Here's hoping...

In my eyes, the Bills biggest needs are, in order, LB, OT, DT, TE, QB(maybe), S.

I would agree, except I would qualify TE - If Nelson comes along it is not that big of a need. Fine/Schouman are OK as # 2/#3 TEs.

But LB is definitely the top need. And I put DE in there as well. Schobel is 32, Kelsay is Kelsay and Denney is a UFA.

A RT is a likely need though.

psubills62
09-18-2009, 03:46 PM

True, it does depend on a lot of things. I'm assuming a decent amount will happen, including Edwards showing enough improvement to make drafting a QB unnecessary.

I agree, RT is a probable need. Though they just extended Butler last year too, so it may be another Kelsay situation where a guy underperforms, but the FO likes him and refuses to admit he's bad.

At this point I see Maybin more as a future replacement for Schobel than a future starter at LDE. So my hope is that we'll grab a stud DE in the first or second round next year to bookend Maybin. Get a pass-rushing DT at some point and our DL could be set for a few years.

I agree with Lecter...not sure TE is a need. Nelson showed a lot more than I was expecting from a rookie in his first game. Even with only a little improvement from him, he could easily be a decent starter (better than what we've had before). Fine and Schouman are solid depth.

PECKERWOOD
09-19-2009, 01:09 PM

I disagree, I think we're in good shape for next year but we will need help at OT, WR, LB in particular.

psubills62
09-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I disagree, I think we're in good shape for next year but we will need help at OT, WR, LB in particular.

That's a lot fewer holes than we normally have, though. If the OL continues to get better from the NE game on, we may not NEED OL help quite yet.

IAG
09-19-2009, 06:28 PM
A Donahoe pick, right?