PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else....

OpIv37
09-18-2009, 06:23 PM
feel physically ill every time you read/hear/see something about "starting LB Marcus Buggs"?

Losing Poz is REALLY going to hurt. This is what our special teams "success" costs us (and other than Lindell and one punt by Moorman, S/T sucked against the Pats).

T-Long
09-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Buggs is going to fill in nicely...I'm not worried with him at all. What I am worried about is Ellison in pass coverage

Philagape
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Just like "John frikkin' Digiorgio"!

OpIv37
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Buggs is going to fill in nicely...I'm not worried with him at all. What I am worried about is Ellison in pass coverage and pass rushing and run support and tackling

I fixed it for you.

OpIv37
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Just like "John frikkin' Digiorgio"!

honestly, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm wishing we had him right about now. He did an ok job filling in and has a lot more experience than Buggs.

psubills62
09-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I fixed it for you.

Actually, so far I've been relatively impressed with Ellison's run defense. It confuses me because I thought of him more as a coverage LB than a run-defending LB, but he's the opposite at this point.

yordad
09-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Ellison, despite his frame, was never very good at coverage. That is why he was taken off the field in the nickel package.

Mudflap1
09-18-2009, 06:52 PM
feel physically ill every time you read/hear/see something about "starting LB Marcus Buggs"?

Losing Poz is REALLY going to hurt. This is what our special teams "success" costs us (and other than Lindell and one punt by Moorman, S/T sucked against the Pats).

I'm concerned as well. Sunday will be a good test, as the Bucs can run the ball.

Prov401
09-18-2009, 06:54 PM

I agree losing Poz is a big blow. Buggs is auditioning right now for the next 5-6 weeks. I have a feeling Nic Harris is on his heals. So yea, I do get a bit sick thinking about it. I'd add John Wendling as a bright spot for our special teams last week. He made a nice tackle, and was always one of the first down the field.

Hemlepp53
09-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Bring in Harris. We need to fill the void with the best possible fit. Tampa Bay as a fairly decent TE... WINSLOW... He will be a monster this week after seeing how the NE TE exposed the middle.

ddaryl
09-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm definetly worried..

Why the hell are we so damn thin at LB. We're loaded to the gills with converts and projects...

Goobylal
09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I look at it as an opportunity to see what they have in Buggs. And then if that doesn't work, they move Ellison inside and start Harris.

PECKERWOOD
09-18-2009, 08:48 PM
IT BUGGS ME OUT, BRO!!

Ground Chuck
09-18-2009, 08:49 PM
I've never heard of Marcus Buggs

yordad
09-18-2009, 09:15 PM
I agree losing Poz is a big blow. Buggs is auditioning right now for the next 5-6 weeks. I have a feeling Nic Harris is on his heals. So yea, I do get a bit sick thinking about it. I'd add John Wendling as a bright spot for our special teams last week. He made a nice tackle, and was always one of the first down the field.I thought Wendling was a weak link. Including on Maroney's opening kickoff 52 yard return.

yordad
09-18-2009, 09:20 PM
I thought Buggs looked pretty impressive during the preseason. He did miss time with a minor injury. But the time he was out the he was making plays in the passing game, and the run game. Both he and Harris looked good. Actually, Palmer looked good too.

But, of course, it wasn't against the caliber of competition they will compete against now. Poz was soo our team's favorite for defensive MVP. He is a huge loss. But, I think Buggs may surprise us (at least I hope he does).

Lexwhat
09-18-2009, 10:46 PM
I miss London Fletcher...

How much nicer would it have been to have a LB group of Poz-Fletcher-Mitchell than what we got now.

Fletcher is STILL playing at a high level in Washington.

BillsWin
09-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Buggs didnt play awful last week. Although losing Poz does hurt on many levels.

Dying_-2-_Live
09-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Marcus Buggs may be a no name... doesn't mean he can't play

Tatonka
09-18-2009, 11:25 PM
middle linebacker is one of the easiest spots to plug in a sub in my opinion.. tons of no names make names jumping in at that spot.. just like digi.. he was a total no name when he started playing.

mayotm
09-19-2009, 06:51 AM
I've never heard of Marcus BuggsI guess you don't follow the team too closely.

Jan Reimers
09-19-2009, 07:00 AM
No. What makes me ill is the automatic bashing of a player who has been groomed all preseason as our backup MLB. Yes, losing Poz will really hurt. By definition, a backup is not as good as the starter.

But to just assume that Buggs can't play is ridiculous.

The Juice Is Loose
09-19-2009, 11:10 AM

i feel physically ill when i read your posts.

doom and gloom.

are you one of the emo kids from south park?

life is pain.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg221/kenny-southpark/SouthParkGothKids.jpg
There is OP, HH, Yordad and the rest of the emo crowd.

Billz_fan
09-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Don't know Buggs enough to make an intelligent response.

I am really interested in how the Bills come out this weekend after the Monday game. This game will go a long way to determining how we do from here. How they respond to the adversity and drama caused by the last game.

yordad
09-19-2009, 11:20 AM

doom and gloom.

life is pain.
There is OP, HH, Yordad and the rest of the emo crowd.Which one are you today?

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/jekyll-and-hyde.jpg

Typ0
09-19-2009, 12:02 PM
I like the name. It's a real football name Marcus Buggs. Future pro bowl player at least maybe HOF.

OpIv37
09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
No. What makes me ill is the automatic bashing of a player who has been groomed all preseason as our backup MLB. Yes, losing Poz will really hurt. By definition, a backup is not as good as the starter.

But to just assume that Buggs can't play is ridiculous.

Well let's see, undrafted FA with no game experience before last week, listed as 223 and playing MLB, couldn't beat out Keith Ellison for the starting spot....

seems to me we have every right to assume he can't play until he proves he can.

OpIv37
09-19-2009, 12:49 PM

doom and gloom.

life is pain.
There is OP, HH, Yordad and the rest of the emo crowd.

life isn't pain- well not for most people.

But watching the Buffalo Bills is.

you can use all the insults and hyperbole you want, but losing a starter is always a problem, particularly for teams that lack depth like the Bills. If you can't see that, then you're just a blind homer.

hydro
09-19-2009, 12:56 PM
life isn't pain- well not for most people.

But watching the Buffalo Bills is.

you can use all the insults and hyperbole you want, but losing a starter is always a problem, particularly for teams that lack depth like the Bills. If you can't see that, then you're just a blind homer.

This is all obvious. Of course having a starter out is going to hurt, nobody has starting caliber depth behind their starter. Just doesn't happen.

Mayo went out for the Pats and it hurt them. They don't have great depth at LBer either.

jamze132
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Buggs to me, as one game to prove his worth, otherwise I would much rather have Nic Harris in there.