PDA

View Full Version : The Real problem with McKelvin's return

Ground Chuck
09-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I can understand that he was unsure if his momentum took him into the end zone or not, therefore he felt that he had to tun it out. That's really ok. The real problem is why didn't he run toward the sideline? Then as soon as anybody got close, he could just duck out of bounds. Running up the middle was the true bonehead move. If he took off toward the sidle line, he'd have been ok.

LtFinFan66
09-18-2009, 08:36 PM
or just hit the deck as soon as pressure arrived

ddaryl
09-18-2009, 10:15 PM
he should of just went down on 1st contact

JD
09-19-2009, 05:14 PM
I agree with each statement listed above. Which leads me to believe he was trying to pad his stats. I'm not a fan of that man.

ct bills fan
09-19-2009, 07:32 PM
no offense to him, but, he's not the sharpest tool in the tool shed. Mcgee should have been back there on that occasion, especially after his earlier fumble.

Mitchell55
09-19-2009, 08:06 PM
I agree with each statement listed above. Which leads me to believe he was trying to pad his stats. I'm not a fan of that man.

I doubt that he cared what the extra 3 yds would do to his stats, I think he was trying to give us good field position.

Yasgur's Farm
09-19-2009, 08:10 PM
If Jauron ditches the coolots this week, I'd expect Mcgee handles the duties... Then McKelvin can have it back next week.

yordad
09-19-2009, 08:11 PM
I doubt that he cared what the extra 3 yds would do to his stats, I think he was trying to give us good field position.And you think the "extra three yards" would have put us over the top? Pffff. It was a straight up bonehead play by a bonehead trying to be a superstar. The coaches should put McGee back there in those situations like the previous poster mentioned.

I resisted posting in this thread til now. I just want this subject to die. :(

JD
09-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I doubt that he cared what the extra 3 yds would do to his stats, I think he was trying to give us good field position.

wasn't he already at the 35 yet he continued pushing?

Byrd31
09-19-2009, 08:21 PM
the guy got a 13 in his 2nd try at the NFL Wonderlic test. Southern accent or not he can hardly put sentences together. I don't blame him at all for that. He's a prime candidate for ridicule in today's NFL and I hope he gets help overcoming these situations. I don't know if he is coachable?

Oaf
09-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Either that, or he was trying to score a TD. :idunno:

Syderick
09-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Let it go already

Typ0
09-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Coach said after the game that he was OK with McKelvin taking the ball and trying to make a play. Today he's the sit back and don't lose the game guy. It sure would be nice to see some TDs from the special teams this week.

Mitchell55
09-20-2009, 12:18 AM
If Jauron ditches the coolots this week, I'd expect Mcgee handles the duties... Then McKelvin can have it back next week.

I think McKelvin will get a chance to redeem hiself

dolphinssuck
09-20-2009, 02:46 AM
Hopefully he can learn from this and not repeat such a bad choice. I think if he can make better decisions he will OK otherwise hes gonna bomb.

Buffalogic
09-20-2009, 07:55 AM
You know I'm fine with Leodis taking the ball out of the zone. He's a playmaker, and should trust in his ability. That's not the question. The problem is it seemed like he didn't know that he was carrying the fortune of the entire team when he took the ball out.

Damn as soon as someone breathes on you, hit the deck Mckelvin. Possession of the ball in that scenario trumps 3, 10, or even 40 extra yards.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2009, 09:52 AM
I can understand that he was unsure if his momentum took him into the end zone or not, therefore he felt that he had to tun it out. That's really ok. The real problem is why didn't he run toward the sideline? Then as soon as anybody got close, he could just duck out of bounds. Running up the middle was the true bonehead move. If he took off toward the sidle line, he'd have been ok.

He was told to take it ot of the endzone. He was also told to avoid contact.

It made the Sirrius top 3 bonehead plays of the week.