PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas fined for hit on Trent Edwards

BillsWin
09-18-2009, 11:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/blog?post=4485288&name=reiss&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Mr. Pink
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Wow. Just Wow.

I thought this was a weak call on the field and now they're fining him too?

What is this now? The PFL? Pussy Football League? Sheesh.

Fine Wilfork too for his weak roughing call.

clumping platelets
09-18-2009, 11:37 PM
That was not a weak call..........it was THE correct call. Now a bad call was the one Wilfork in the endzone

BillsWin
09-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Wilfork was a bad call. but Wilfork is a douche and blatantly goes for the knees so I understand it. Although on that play he was just going for the tackle.

jamze132
09-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Well I think that Thomas had him in the grasp while the officials blew the whistle REPEATEDLY before he decided to make Trent his *****. He deserves a fine.

LtFinFan66
09-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Well I think that Thomas had him in the grasp while the officials blew the whistle REPEATEDLY before he decided to make Trent his *****. He deserves a fine.disagee. There was barely a second between the time the whistle blew and he went into the motion leading to the slam

chernobylwraiths
09-19-2009, 12:19 AM
disagee. There was barely a second between the time the whistle blew and he went into the motion leading to the slam

Doesn't matter. You CAN'T slam the QB.

Crisis
09-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Honestly, it's a pretty stupid call. If the situations were reversed (Poz on Brady or something) we'd all be livid over this.

However, it's the Patriots and they've been playing under their own rules for years. It's a bad call and a dumb fine but since it's the Patriots I'll just chalk it up to karma, just like the Wilfork penalty. They should be the LAST fan base complaining about calls. For all the bull**** they've received from the officials and NFL over the years, they're due atleast 100 more of these.

EDIT: Bad call is probably the wrong words to use, I'd say its more of how the NFL is putting a skirt on quarterbacks than a bad call. Calling it a penalty is completely within the rules, the Wilfork one wasn't though. But he's a POS so who cares.

PECKERWOOD
09-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Yeah, too bad Poz isn't strong enough to slam Brady.

Buffalogic
09-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Too bad Poz's arm breaks before he gets to Brady.

realdealryan
09-19-2009, 03:13 AM
The actual worst play was when Wilfork pursued Jackson and as he was stepping out of bounds jumped up on his back and rode him to the ground, leading Fred to take himself out for the play. Sure, it's legal, but he was stepping out, and those are the little bs things that go on with Wilfork to hurt other players.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Wilfork is a douchebag. Someone should take a lead pipe to his knees.

MikeInRoch
09-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Honestly, it's a pretty stupid call. If the situations were reversed (Poz on Brady or something) we'd all be livid over this.

Sure. I'd be livid because it would have meant Poz was an idiot. They ALWAYS call that. You can't slam the QB.

yordad
09-19-2009, 08:27 AM
The actual worst play was when Wilfork pursued Jackson and as he was stepping out of bounds jumped up on his back and rode him to the ground, leading Fred to take himself out for the play. Sure, it's legal, but he was stepping out, and those are the little bs things that go on with Wilfork to hurt other players.Yeah, that pissed me off. I HATE that dude. He didn't have to drive Jackson into the turf like that considering Jackson was on his way out anyways. Wilfork is a douche. Scum of the NFL.

BillsWin
09-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Wilfork is a dirty player. The Pats have always had dirty players. Sometimes you sell your soul to win a championship. :idunno:

HHURRICANE
09-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow. Just Wow.

I thought this was a weak call on the field and now they're fining him too?

What is this now? The PFL? Pussy Football League? Sheesh.

Fine Wilfork too for his weak roughing call.

Rewatch the play. He tried to take Edwards knee out with the throw down. That's why he got fined and desevedly so.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2009, 10:03 AM
disagee. There was barely a second between the time the whistle blew and he went into the motion leading to the slam

BS>>>BS>>>BS>>>BS. I have it on DVR. You are wrong.

jamze132
09-19-2009, 01:15 PM
I disagree with your disagreement...