PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo worked out some players on Fri.

BillsWin
09-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Buffalo had a busy Friday, working out RBs Lorenzo Booker and De De Dorsey, as well as TEs Tony Curtis, Joe Klopfenstein and Leonard Pope.

via Adam Schefter.

BillsWin
09-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Leonard Pope is an intriguing player. Lorenzo Booker and De De Dorsey are both young prospects.

casdhf
09-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Do we really need more bum TEs??

Canadian'eh!
09-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Leonard Pope is a bust from an Arizona draft who's never lived up to his recieving skill potential.

not much here.

Nighthawk
09-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Do we really need more bum TEs??

Pope is better then Fine and maybe even Schouman.

T-Long
09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
interesting names...at least they are still bringing guys in...Booker should be on this team over Omon. Seriously, why does this guy have a roster spot?

Nighthawk
09-19-2009, 09:15 AM
interesting names...at least they are still bringing guys in...Booker should be on this team over Omon. Seriously, why does this guy have a roster spot?

Probably the same reason that Denney, Kelsay and Ellison are still on this team...the coach doesn' t have an f'n clue!

mybills
09-19-2009, 09:27 AM
because he blocked one field goal?

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Pope is better then Fine and maybe even Schouman.

based on what?

Pope has done nothing and is older than Fine (who is still a 2nd year guy!)

psubills62
09-19-2009, 11:07 AM
The Bills also worked out FA rookie LB Marcus Freeman:

rotoworld.com

Free agent rookie linebacker Marcus Freeman worked out for the Bills on Friday.

Freeman was the Bears' fifth-round pick in the 2009 Draft. The Bills need some depth at the linebacker spot with starter Paul Posluszny out for 4-6 weeks.

Dying_-2-_Live
09-19-2009, 11:12 AM
id sign pope, booker and freeman

ddaryl
09-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I fail to see why people are down on FIne. I saw him make some great snags last year in limited play and being injured.

Not staying healthy is one problem. Not sure on his blocking skills, but pass catching was not a problem for him last year

bigbub2352
09-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Personally i think Pope and Klopfenstein are upgrades over Fine maybe even Schouman
Schouman should be moved to an HB/FB and Mcyntyre should be cut
Pope would at the very least give us a better option with Shawn Nelson in the redzone
also i think Booker and Dorsey are perfect change of pace backs not in the same grinder mode like Jackson Lynch and Omon i still dont think cutting Rhodes helped the team at all other than financialy and i think Booker and Dorsey could help our offense out and upgrade our weapons
go bills

patmoran2006
09-19-2009, 11:15 AM
The Bills also worked out FA rookie LB Marcus Freeman:

rotoworld.com

I really liked him coming into this draft.

Im not a fan of threads saying we should sign this or that guy everytime someone works out. But in this case, I would love to see the Bills cut Corto and sign Freeman.

bigbub2352
09-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Marcus Freeman would also be an interesting prospect maybe candidate for Practice squad depth

psubills62
09-19-2009, 11:26 AM

Im not a fan of threads saying we should sign this or that guy everytime someone works out. But in this case, I would love to see the Bills cut Corto and sign Freeman.

I thought you were the one that was high on him. Didn't you predict that we would take him in the 4th or 5th round? He would be an interesting pickup, although I'm not sure what role he would fit into here. Would he replace Ashlee Palmer as Mitchell's backup?

PECKERWOOD
09-19-2009, 11:54 AM
No need for a recieving tight end, we drafted Nelson for a reason. I wouldn't mind adding Booker for depth though.

Buddo
09-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Pope is 6'8", and actually scored 5 TDs for the Cards in 2007. Depending on attitude and fitness, I can easily see him being a more viable TE than Schouman or Fine.
Booker also has some ability, and could well be a useful asset in a backup role.

X-Era
09-19-2009, 12:11 PM

DB and I both disliked this guy as an early pick... I am not at ll fond of his game. In the 5th it made sense, but he couldnt even catch on to a team so hes not worth much at ll in my mind

MikeInRoch
09-19-2009, 12:12 PM
It's not clear to me why Dorsey doesn't catch on - he's been around a few years, and keeps barely not holding on. He seems like an exciting player to watch when he has the ball.

Nighthawk
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
based on what?

Pope has done nothing and is older than Fine (who is still a 2nd year guy!)

Based on what I've seen from both of them in their college careers and brief pro careers. What do you base your love for Fine on?

jamze132
09-19-2009, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't mind De De.

Nighthawk
09-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm all for anybody who is actually an upgrade and I didn't know that they worked out LB Freeman, but I liked him coming out of Ohio State...wouldn't mind him signing with this team.

Mitchell55
09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
De de had 21 carries for 183 yds last year. 8.7 ypc. Pope is a decent player and I loved Freeman and thought he was a 3rd round prospect.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I didn't know Booker was cut by the Eagles. I thought they said he was a Brian Westbrook mold.

Buddo
09-19-2009, 04:32 PM
I didn't know Booker was cut by the Eagles. I thought they said he was a Brian Westbrook mold.

I think he is, sort of. As I understand it, the Eagles had a good RB drop to them in the 2nd round this year.
Booker probably became a victim of a numbers game, as I read somewhere today that he had actually had a decent camp with the Eagles.
That may have been a MB posting though, although it could also have been from somewhere less biased like rotoworld, so no link, and I cba to look for it again.
Freeman could be an upgrade as a backup over Palmer, but I would have thought that they need experience there now more. We have next to no experience in our LBs after the starters. We didn't even before Poz was crocked tbh.