PDA

View Full Version : A little more about the players Bills worked out

patmoran2006
09-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Article (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/busy-day-at-one-bills-drive/)

psubills62
09-19-2009, 02:06 PM
So, if I'm interpreting these tryouts correctly, the Bills are trying to simply stay aware of who is out there in case they're needed? I'm assuming it's not because they're necessarily unhappy with the current roster, but that could be wrong.

Don't know if I saw it on billszone, but I'm pretty sure the Bills worked out RB Gary Russell at some point this week too (saw it on rotoworld.com).

yordad
09-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Anyone know if Freeman is on the Bears practice squad? If not, why? I would find that strange.

patmoran2006
09-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Its no secret I am a big fan of Freeman

patmoran2006
09-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Anyone know if Freeman is on the Bears practice squad? If not, why? I would find that strange.
He's not on the PS. He didnt make the team at all.

Hemlepp53
09-19-2009, 02:20 PM
So, if I'm interpreting these tryouts correctly, the Bills are trying to simply stay aware of who is out there in case they're needed? I'm assuming it's not because they're necessarily unhappy with the current roster, but that could be wrong.

God i hope you are right PSU. We need this type of thinking. We need to stay on top of what we can do to better the team in time of need. This is a positive step forward if that is the case. Lets hope the FO has finally figured out how to run a football team. IF we find a Gem toss him on the Pratice Roster and keep him close... Good Move If PSU is correct...

yordad
09-19-2009, 02:34 PM
That is so strange that Freeman, the prototypical Cover 2 LB, isn't on anyone's roster or practice squad. I mean, I didn't watch him in preseason or nothing, but I honestly thought he could be drafted as Ellison's replacement.

homeslice5484
09-19-2009, 03:14 PM
any chance we go after Freeman?

ct bills fan
09-19-2009, 07:35 PM
From that article it says we're keeping tabs on Ruynan in case Bell or Butler get injured. You mean to tell me that he wouldn't be an upgrade over Chamers? I think he'd be an upgrade over Butler, even if he is 35.

Yasgur's Farm
09-19-2009, 08:19 PM
From that article it says we're keeping tabs on Ruynan in case Bell or Butler get injured. You mean to tell me that he wouldn't be an upgrade over Chamers? I think he'd be an upgrade over Butler, even if he is 35.No thanks.... I'd only bite on injury. Chambers is quality swing tackle depth and can go inside as well. Butler, while a bit shy of Runyans capabilities at this point, offers a promising future... Runyan may already be out of the NFL.

ParanoidAndroid
09-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Don't know if I saw it on billszone, but I'm pretty sure the Bills worked out RB Gary Russell at some point this week too (saw it on rotoworld.com).

Every team in the NFL does this continuously.

Goobylal
09-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Every team in the NFL does this continuously.
Yep.

And if the Bears, who lost Urlacher for the season and Tinoisamoa for awhile, aren't signing Freeman to even their PS, the Bills don't want/need him. I'm suspecting there are some off-field issues.