X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moogyman
    • Oct 2002

could sombody please explain to me

......why the fins and pats get so much more hype then the bills, no matter what the team does. everywhere I look the general consensus is the bills are going to finish last in the afce. Am I missing somthing . Do the other teams have somthing that the bills do not, honestly I don' t see it. Ya I know you shouldn't hold much stock in what the " experts" say but, it is also nice to see our team get some props once in a while. Maybe i'm just pissed and need to vent.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I think a part of it has to do with the fact that Buffalo is such a small market. We get overlooked frequently until we really start making a big showing.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• moogyman
      • Oct 2002

I understand the whole " small market " thing, I just think it goes beyond that . Maybe not.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Because those other markets have multiple TV/Radio/Newspapers , and they just get more exposure

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

I'm sure it goes beyond that but that's a part of it. Take the case of Andre Reed, for example. He got little national recognition as far as being one of the top tier WRs in the league but his consistent play had him up there in the same company as Jerry Rice and Cris Carter. The first place I remember him getting some major recognition was in the movie Jerry Maguire
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• moogyman
            • Oct 2002

But do you think those teams are really any better then the bills? Honestly do you?

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

I'd say we're about on par with the Pats and ahead of the Fish but we're biased just as much as some of the experts are if not more. What I mean is, even though we can say these are our unbiased opinions, there's always a bit of personal bias thrown in there.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Absolutly not.

But when you turn on the "Sports Reporters" on ESPN, what cities are those guys from? New York, Boston, Miami,Philly ect,,,

That's why they get the hype.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

It doesn't matter what the media says about the bills. The only way we can prove them wrong is what we do on the field. Their picking us dead last in the AFCE will and should fire up our players, coaches and janitors.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

BTW-

As soon as we get good and threaten for the title, these same elitist a-holes will start bringing up 4 lost super bowls, were sick of the Bills, bla-bla-bla even though the only common thread from then till now is the owner.

Comment

• moogyman
                      • Oct 2002

I guess it just gets sickining after hearing the same sh** over and over. I just don't see why everybody thinks the fins are going to take the afce. I do not see it happening

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
                        Let's Go Buffalo!
                        • Mar 2003

personally I dont know how anyone can pick the Jets to have a better record than us

Comment

• The Natrix
                          • Jul 2002

Actually, I have been hearing a lot of BS out of the Fins Camp. Pats fans and NE Media are rather modest. As much as I hate the fact that the bills got swept, I respect NE, whereas I have no respect for Miami or their fans.

I am more interested in the Pats - Bills rivalry than the Miami - Buffalo Rivalry because I think B-Lo and NE are superior to the Dolphins and Jets, but I could be wrong.

anyway, I would rather see the Bills and Pats have a classy rivalry and the Jets and Phins have their basement rivalry. Am I spelling rivalry right?

Byrd.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                            • Apr 2003

im sure glad we have by far the best division in the nfl!
                            the dude abides

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

Writers like to go on trips

where do you think they prefer to go to - Buffalo or Miami/New York?

A good number of the same writers who give good press to those teams accept complientary press passes and other goodies from the teams.

It is no different than politics with the various boondangle trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X