but i dont think its gonna happen

great on 10 yard passesand below

anything above that its a gong show

BILLSROCK1212
09-20-2009, 05:23 PM

if T.O. caught the bomb everyone would say he was amazing....it was his first turnover of the season, give him a break

justasportsfan
09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
our mid to long range game still needs a lot to be desired with Trent. Even Sanchez looks like a better slinger than Trent and he doesn't have TO or Evans.

TacklingDummy
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Crow.

kid mickey
09-20-2009, 06:15 PM
two bomb tds, Edwards is doing fine!!!

TacklingDummy
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
two bomb tds, Edwards is doing fine!!!
Should have been another if TO didn't drop it.

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Edwards is a STRENGTH on this team... everyone just wants a bomb every friggin play... forgetr how high a %he's converted and how well the O has moved...

give me a break.

shelby
09-20-2009, 06:19 PM
i am wary about TE, but he is making a believer out of me.

imbondz
09-20-2009, 06:26 PM
I do not understand how you can not be excited over Edwards, and his potential.

Philagape
09-20-2009, 06:34 PM

This thread is actually easy to understand, considering who started it.

Ingtar33
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
i love the love for Sanchez. the guy is playing behind the best line in football, and running a 2 read offense.

I'm not saying he won't be a good QB. I'm just saying that his line and running game.. and gameplan are really making it easy for him right now. Remember Lienart? The guy ran a 2 read offense his first 2 years... and he just never was able to scale up to an NFL offense.

Be cautious about rookies running really basic offenses, and looking good doing it.

-that said, Edwards looked fine... if anything i think he looked mediocre in Q2 and Q3 because he was looking deep too much. He started to look short in Q4 and bam.. hits Owens deep. That said, he's only had two really bad passes in 2 weeks of football. I'll take that type of QB play anytime.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Trent is fine, he is not a hall-of-fame qb but he is definetly our guy.

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
i love the love for Sanchez. the guy is playing behind the best line in football, and running a 2 read offense.

I'm not saying he won't be a good QB. I'm just saying that his line and running game.. and gameplan are really making it easy for him right now. Remember Lienart? The guy ran a 2 read offense his first 2 years... and he just never was able to scale up to an NFL offense.

Be cautious about rookies running really basic offenses, and looking good doing it.

-that said, Edwards looked fine... if anything i think he looked mediocre because he was looking deep too much. That said, he's only had two really bad passes in 2 weeks of football. I'll take that type of QB play anytime.

He better start getting comfortable making more plays because next week we'll need all the plays he can muster. NO looks really good and against our defense will probably put up 40-50 points.

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Trent Edwards was damn good today. he took hits, stood in the pocket and delivered good throws. He made one **** throw for an INT but he bounced right back.

He still has a few quirks but I beleive that is just an experience issue. Can he stay consistent through the season is the only question.

Philagape
09-20-2009, 06:51 PM
He threw two TD bombs, and had a third one dropped. Does he need 5 or 6 of those before he shuts the madden fanboys up?

TacklingDummy
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
To use a licker stat, who's the 3rd ranked passer in the NFL right now?

Mitchell55
09-20-2009, 06:55 PM
He made smart decisions today for the most part. Had 3 very nice deep passes, yes the pass to Evans was nice, if it was deeper it wouldve been intercepted.

Night Train
09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Edwards threw one bad ball today, while Lefwich threw about 14 duds.

We know what Edwards is about and he's auditioning for his next contract this entire season.

He didn't blow the Pats game the Bills should have won and he played good today.

Ingtar33
09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
You know what's funny?

the lines, which scared me the most heading into the year... looks like the best part of the team (both sides of the ball).

Our run defense has been good.. and except for the 4th quarter in NE has gotten constant solid preasure on the QB.

The o-line hasn't looked this good in run blocking since the late 90's, and the pass blocking has been (mostly) fantastic. I never would have expected this team to go empty spread against the patriots... and they did it for a whole drive vs the bucs : the line has held up well.

Now lets get Owens and Evans more involved and we might be fielding a solid offense this year.

justasportsfan
09-20-2009, 07:12 PM

-that said, Edwards looked fine... if anything i think he looked mediocre in Q2 and Q3 because he was looking deep too much. He started to look short in Q4 and bam.. hits Owens deep. That said, he's only had two really bad passes in 2 weeks of football. I'll take that type of QB play anytime.
it's not love for sanchez, it just that he has the balls to throw the ball.

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Edwards had great touch. He had maybe two or three passes that were completely off the mark. But he was dead on to that bomb to Owens.

In two games he is 36 for 56 (64.3% comp) 442 yards and 4 touchdowns to 1 INT.

not bad at all.

I am enjoying this crow that Edwards has served me through 2 games.

But this Sunday will be a pretty big test.

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 07:25 PM
288 of 448 for 3536 yards and 32 TDs and 8 INT at this pace.

Will he post those numbers. Maybe not, but he is doing pretty well through the first two weeks.

Typ0
09-20-2009, 07:27 PM
TE is a servicable guy right now. He does a lot of things well. You can be pretty confident he can get some first downs and make decisions to get the team down the field. But he still needs to take another step. He's got the skills but has yet to really leverage them into the attack our offense could be. I just think TE has been promising and all but hasn't taken the step to franchise QB yet and that's what we need from that position.

I also hate the way he lays his body out there...

Captain gameboy
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
He is the least of our worries at this point, but two things.
He realy puts a lot of air under the ball on his long throws, and that will not work with wind.
Second, he never seems to take that simple step to slip the first pass rush threat. You don't need to be that quick to do it. He just never seems to.
A simple side step against a full speed rusher gets you two-three more seconds.

He really has a nice touch on his short throws.

Al the Bills Fan
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
4 TD - 1 INT

I will take that anyday of the week....If T.O catches that first deep ball, you can add another 80yds passing and a TD

Akhippo
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I want to totally back Trent. While he has definitely not lost us any games this year, he has a feel to him that he has hit a plateau. Hes hit average and then seems ok with it. I cant get past a phrase that seems to be reiterated over and over. "I take what the defense gives us".

That seems to be taken to a consistent level. The whole offense as a whole just has this feel that if the defense is stout, the offense will wilt.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2009, 07:57 PM
He won us the game. 4TDs and 1 INT in his first two games.

People are just plain stupid aroud here.

Typ0
09-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I want to totally back Trent. While he has definitely not lost us any games this year, he has a feel to him that he has hit a plateau. Hes hit average and then seems ok with it. I cant get past a phrase that seems to be reiterated over and over. "I take what the defense gives us".

That seems to be taken to a consistent level. The whole offense as a whole just has this feel that if the defense is stout, the offense will wilt.

Really, these are great qualities in a QB. If you can be smart enough to take what's given to you all the time and do it well you're going to get a lot of first downs and the ball is going to be moving. I wonder what people want in a QB. I like the offense and what they're doing. I also think TE hasn't quite mastered the NFL yet so until he does there is a question there.

Bill Cody
09-20-2009, 08:18 PM

you'd rather have one nice deep ball with the rest 4 quarters of **** and a big L. Licker.

Philagape
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Brady beat this team last week by taking what they gave him.

The King
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
He's a progressing QB and he is progressing. What more can you ask for, he has the intelligence to become a legitimate starter in this league. People need to stop thinking he's going to be Peyton Manning and start thinking of Matt Hasselbeck, he's that type of QB.

Brady and Brees, were also very slowly acclimated to the big the plays, its not sprint.

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2009, 08:28 PM
This is a real gay thread.

BuffaloBlakely14
09-20-2009, 08:32 PM
The guy throws 2 picture perfect bombs for TD's and has an even more beautiful bomb dropped and this guy talks about balls...I don't even have to comment you have made all the commentary necessary on yourself

YardRat
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Trent will be fine.

I'd still like to know why his deep balls are different type throws to Evans and TO, though.

hydro
09-20-2009, 08:52 PM
DJJIM needs to go back in the woodwork...

TacklingDummy
09-20-2009, 09:03 PM
DJJIM needs to go back in the woodwork...

He should try the LasVegasLocomotives.com message board.

billser
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Servicable my ass. Hes playing at a pro bowl level. You guys are in denial.

MikeInRoch
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
The o-line hasn't looked this good in run blocking since the late 90's, and the pass blocking has been (mostly) fantastic. I never would have expected this team to go empty spread against the patriots... and they did it for a whole drive vs the bucs : the line has held up well.

I agree. And the most exciting part of this is how young they are.

TheBrownBear
09-20-2009, 10:14 PM
I still think his play is holding the offense back. Biggest problem is his decision making in the redzone. This offense has all the ingredients to be one of the most explosive in the league. Question is, can Trent take them there?

justasportsfan
09-20-2009, 10:16 PM
theres a lot to love about Trent. Is there room for improvement, definitely but I don't know how you cannot like the way he's playing.

billsTOfan
09-20-2009, 10:30 PM
You should have read the asshats prior to the TO bomb. It was non stop Trent attacks. Trent even got blamed for the Jackson fumble lol

Typ0
09-21-2009, 07:32 AM
The guy throws 2 picture perfect bombs for TD's and has an even more beautiful bomb dropped and this guy talks about balls...I don't even have to comment you have made all the commentary necessary on yourself

Exactly. He made those throws a couple times last year too and people came back with "he can't do it". Well he's more than proven he can do it now he's got to prove he can do it in a more timely fashion.

yordad
09-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Can you people compare the Pass he threw to TO to the long floater he threw to Lee? They look like they were thrown by different people, so don't act like questions coming in were unwarranted. The Passes to TO were very encouraging, but prior to that, many of his long passes looked like the floaters to Lee.

Anyways, I'm very glad to have seen it. I would like to see some consistency.

But, the big thing.... I want to see it in December.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 07:43 AM
:z:

Typ0
09-21-2009, 07:50 AM
I'd rather see it in January myself.

Can you people compare the Pass he threw to TO to the long floater he threw to Lee? They look like they were thrown by different people, so don't act like questions coming in were unwarranted. The Passes to TO were very encouraging, but prior to that, many of his long passes looked like the floaters to Lee.

Anyways, I'm very glad to have seen it. I would like to see some consistency.

But, the big thing.... I want to see it in December.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Trent still looks a little tentative and timid to me, but it appears that he will have a chance to spread his wings and fly with AVP. As the season progresses, I think Trent may turn into a confident and decisive NFL QB.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 08:01 AM

so are your posts. you proved that when you were tossing Losman's salad.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 08:04 AM

the Lickers want him to fail since he took over their idols job. they're still pathetic.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
To use a licker stat, who's the 3rd ranked passer in the NFL right now?

**crickets chirping**

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Are you mental? Trent had 4 deep balls that were absolutely beautiful throws, it isn't his fault Lee & TO dropped one each, but thankfully they caught 2/4 for two scores. Trent is my guy, we've been searching for a QB for a very long time, I think Trent is that guy. We need to keep adding pieces around him now for the next 4-5 years so he is surrounded by elite talent. TO & Lee is an excellent start, hopefully the production we've had on offense carries over through the entire season so TO can resign here and we can do it agian. Plus, for all the talk about Trent having a weak arm, well he certainly spread that defense out, as evidence by Fred Jackson's monster game.

yordad
09-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I'd rather see it in January myself.You have to have a good December, or there is no January, but yeah.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 09:22 AM
:yawn:

:z:

trapezeus
09-21-2009, 09:27 AM
my only real complaint with trent from yesterday's game was that he took a bledsoe like shot in the side froma DB after he more than got the first down and was near the sideline.

when we ask him to prove that he's durable, we aren't asking him to take a billion shots, we're asking him to evade getting hit.

He got up without issue so that's good.

Granted the original poster has shown his colors as being a losman fan more than a bills fan, but i liked that Trent played well enough to win. There were things he could get better at, but it's good that he has success early so that he can progress. If he's struggling early on everything, then he might not get to the point of fixing the pieces he needs to fix.

Historian
09-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Sigh....

yordad
09-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Granted the original poster has shown his colors as being a losman fan more than a bills fanThen why does he still post here? I am pretty sure dude is a Bills fan.

ChristopherWalken
09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Trent Edwards might be the most well rounded QB the Bills have seen in over a decade.

Losman could run, but couldn't feel the pressure and sucked on the short routes.

Rob Johnson had all of the potential in the world, run, throw, but couldn't make a read to save his life.

Flutie could throw, scramble, but basically diluted the playbook as nearly every pass play he encountered broke down. He was the ultimate adlib QB.

Trent has versatility. He can run, he can read a defense better then 65% of other active NFL QBs, he has an arm, and his accuracy is quite exceptional.

The one thing he lacks right now is continuity. The one thing this team lacks right now is continuity. With continuity will come confidence. A win in NE would have propelled this team far into the season.

Coach don't fail me now.

TheBrownBear
09-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Trent still looks a little tentative and timid to me, but it appears that he will have a chance to spread his wings and fly with AVP. As the season progresses, I think Trent may turn into a confident and decisive NFL QB.

Exactly where I am at this point. Trent has shown enough flashes to continue the Bills investment in him, but he doesn't look like a confident top-flight guy yet. Kind of reminds me of Eli Manning in his first couple of years.

trapezeus
09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Then why does he still post here? I am pretty sure dude is a Bills fan.

I don't know. Perhaps to write one annoying comment for the first time in a long time to stir the pot. But you'll have to ask him at your meetings. ;-)

yordad
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
But you'll have to ask him at your meetings. ;-)I think there was a joke there. But I don't get it. :(

Ingtar33
09-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Exactly where I am at this point. Trent has shown enough flashes to continue the Bills investment in him, but he doesn't look like a confident top-flight guy yet. Kind of reminds me of Eli Manning in his first couple of years.

that pretty much hits it on the head perfectly.

he looks exactly like Eli Manning before the superbowl run.

Akhippo
09-21-2009, 03:22 PM
The perspective here is, Trent looked very good this time last year. He was praised and such, then the Bills nose dived. Injury, mental, scheme, whatever is was the team tanked.

I think Trent is at a plateau. Will he take another step? Can he take another step? What is his ceiling? Is he going to stop at a Brad Johnson type who is solid and will pull out a couple games but needs a very solid supporting cast to overcome? Or will he progress to an Eli Manning? Solid if not spectacular and will grab a challenge like the Giants did last night and pull it out?

As a barometer, if Trent was in Eli's position last night, do the Giants win? Thats were we need Trent sooner rather than later.

PS. At least we dont have J Russell.

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
The perspective here is, Trent looked very good this time last year. He was praised and such, then the Bills nose dived. Injury, mental, scheme, whatever is was the team tanked.

I think Trent is at a plateau. Will he take another step? Can he take another step? What is his ceiling? Is he going to stop at a Brad Johnson type who is solid and will pull out a couple games but needs a very solid supporting cast to overcome? Or will he progress to an Eli Manning? Solid if not spectacular and will grab a challenge like the Giants did last night and pull it out?

As a barometer, if Trent was in Eli's position last night, do the Giants win? Thats were we need Trent sooner rather than later.

Shaq has a higher free throw percentage than JaMarcus Russell's completion percent.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm starting to believe that AVP can get Trent to the next level... and the reason Trent has not been more consistent has alot to do with Turk

Beastie Bills
09-21-2009, 03:34 PM

Great post. Unfortunately, it's too logical, and well thought-out for a lot of people....

Mr. Pink
09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Shaq has a higher free throw percentage than JaMarcus Russell's completion percent.

Since JPs departure to a lesser league...JMarc without a shadow of a doubt is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

He's another guy that proves you can have the biggest arm in the world and it matters none when you get to this level. Especially when you don't have the other intangibles to go with it.

Bill Cody
09-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Eli's first 2 years weren't so hot. There's still hope for Trent.

trapezeus
09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
I think Trent is going to need his Jimbo dolphins game against the pats where he wills the team to win.

I think he has it in him. Once he does that and wins the majority of people's confidence, i have a feeling he'll be more confident in airing it out.

His footwork looked a little hurried at times during the 3rd quarter lull. but if he goes the full year like this, i would be pleased beause that means he'll have played well in the winter and that he lasted the full season. If he breaks out this year, i'd love it even more.

but if week 6 rolls around and he's injured or a turnover machine, i'm going to be very weary on him.